Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekend Randoms

Whatcha up to?? What are your weekend plans?!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
Married: September 2014!
TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PennStateCait We watched the first episode tonight!  It's pretty damn hilarious.

Also, maybe we're a bit behind on this, but we just caught a couple of episodes of Documentary Now! and it is weird and wonderful.
  • Options
    @MelissaM090 If it makes you feel any better, we will be spending the nice weekend doing yard work as well. We were already at Home Depot tonight, and we'll be returning there in the morning.  

@PennStateCait Your weekend sounds way more fun, wanna trade?
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio and @PennStateCait SO excited for Kimmy! 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Waaaaaghghgh!  My mom, sis, and niece are making the 8 hour trip to visit us and are en route.  Nice little spontaneous idea, I've been missing them fiercely as of late.

Now for a quick guessing game:
    I celebrated the warm[er] weather with an iced coffee after work, so guess who is still awake in the wee hours of the night?
    I got a text from my sis an hour ago.  Guess who decided not to get a hotel tonight and instead arrive in our house at 3am?

Normally that would stress me the hell out because we were planning on cleaning + welcoming errands (groceries etc) in the morning with a noon ETA, but me being wide awake means I got all the cleaning and tidying done except dishes and mopping.  Groceries won't even be the worst of things, I can just dart out for a bit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    marking, marking, and more marking! When I finish a class set, I will reward myself with an episode of Baby Daddy.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    Haha @AliciaGoose That sounds like a great plan :) Well done!

• Options
    It's going to be a beautiful weekend here. DS was supposed to have baseball practice today and tomorrow, but he woke up today with a sore throat and a slight fever.  :/ So I guess we'll be indoors resting today. Hoping he feels better tomorrow so we can enjoy this weather. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    The weather here is not so great today, but we are headed out of town. Going to see a concert tonight that I have been looking forward to and then spending the day tomorrow on the beach. DH and I haven't been on a trip since our honeymoon last year, so we really need this getaway. Hope you ladies have a great weekend! 

Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I sang the American National Anthem at a local college's baseball game last night, which was super fun. I invited my parents, brother, SIL, nephew, DH, and his friend to watch and hang out at the game. It was so much fun. My nephew started dancing at one point and everyone was cracking up. He's such a goof! Love that kid like he was my own.

Today, though, is supposed to be beautiful and I feel like I got hit by a bus. :( I'm supposed to go to a bridal shower and a play with my cousin. Not sure if I can get out of bed.
  • Options
    About the only truly exciting thing we've got going on this weekend is that the head barista at our favorite coffee shop is competing in a big national barista competition this morning, and the coffee shop will be live streaming it. It will be exciting to say we have the best barista in America, haha.

Other than that, just a lot of church--a baptism, choir practice, and Vespers. It's still Lent for us, until May 1, but pregnant and nursing women are exempted from the rules of fasting. Guess who's hoping to bow out early? ;)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    We're cleaning up the house and yard this weekend since it's finally nice out and we have to get ready for DS birthday party in 2 weeks! 

Dh took ds to Home Depot so I can clean in peace and to get stuff he needs for the yard.  But really I cleaned in like 20 minutes and now I'm just bumping and being lazy all by myself. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    We are just taking it easy today and heading out for a pool day. Heading back home tomorrow. Bittersweet feeling...
    I have been trying not to drink too much while here, but I think tonight calls for all the wine!

Tomorrow I will be all like 

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• Options
    I'm up in good old Yorkshire spending some time with my mum, it's been lovely but jeez that woman can shop! I mean I can shop but she's in another level! Feet are done in.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @DoctorDonna So sorry you aren't feeling well today, DPO buddy!  Hope you can sleep the day away and feel better soon!  Hopefully that stick will be kind to you in the morning... especially after you waited that extra day!   :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @Sparty18! I have a feeling I'm out, but you know know! I saw that you said you feel "out," too! FX that we're both wrong and we have good news tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Guys. My in laws. They're too much today. I'm feeling too snarky, I literally can't hold it in and my MIL is pushing every button I have! The only thing that's been able to stop me

Until it's gone and then it's like

It's going to be a long night!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    @AliciaGoose My sympathies! Feel free to vent, I totally get the MIL thing, I feel like they bring out this snarky, bitchy, sarcastic person who isn't even me. It's a special talent. 
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Options
    AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited April 2016
    @AliciaGoose My sympathies! Feel free to vent, I totally get the MIL thing, I feel like they bring out this snarky, bitchy, sarcastic person who isn't even me. It's a special talent. 
    It really is a talent! I feel like they have the ability to take something that should be SO SIMPLE and turn it into the most dramatic and difficult task that's ever happened. Right before we left we were trying to plan an event and we all came to an agreement about a day that would be the best but my MIL kept trying to consider other options and I literally just grabbed DHs hand walked out the door and screamed "The 14th it is. Bye".

My SIL is also getting married this year and NOTHING else matters in this world to my MIL but making sure she has everything she needs for the wedding. They didn't take nearly as much interest in our wedding. I honestly just feel bad for DH because he's always gotten the short end of the stick, and it's become blatantly obvious since his sister started to plan her wedding. 

The thing that bothers me the most is that my MIL makes comments frequently about wanting my SIL to have the first grandchild (she's older than DH, so I understand to an extent) and every time she says it I just laugh and change the subject. She doesn't know we're TTC but does she honestly think we would put our lives on hold so she could have the grandchild she 'wants' first? Shouldn't she be happy to be a grandmother regardless of who has the first child?

Ugh. Once I start he floodgates just open and it doesn't stop! Thanks for letting me rant. 

Edit because words come to fast when I'm angry!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    @AliciaGoose Oh I TOTALLY hear you on making things more dramatic and difficult than necessary. But honestly the grandchild thing would super piss me off. It doesn't matter who's older, who got married first, whatever. The first grandchild will be special, the second grandchild will be special. All babies are special. But for her to comment frequently about the order she thinks is best.. well you're a better person than I am for laughing it off :).
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Options
    @mrsdaddario all I could think when I read your post was:

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    I had a 2 mile to do list for the weekend (we just got keys to our new place, and the big move is now less than 2 weeks away) but instead yesterday I did about 2% of it and then had a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.  Oops. So today the plan is to do the other 98%...wish me luck on that... and to take the first load of stuff and DH's motorcycle to the new house and get the new patio set my parents have been storing for us over to the new place as well. It's finally nice weather here so I'd much rather be outside enjoying that,  but moving day is coming whether I'm ready or not. 
  • Options
    @AliciaGoose I completely understand your nightmare!! It's the way it is in my husbands family too.  The SIL walks on water and can do no wrong. She is immature and upsetting to me almost every time I see her.  I cannot imagine if my MIL told me that! It would completely shut me off, and they probably wouldn't even know I was pregnant until it was absolutely necessary.  Good luck with that and hopefully you get your bfp soon, and it changes her tune! 

• Options
    Hanging out at the park and enjoying the nice weather!
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    edited April 2016
    @canavara Easily the best thing I've heard/read all weekend  :D

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @canavara Amazing!! I want to be best friends. I also want to use Vagina Quest!!
  • Options
    @canavara- that was, without a doubt, the funniest thing I've ever heard! Can we be best friends with @houseofsetters?
    Vagina Quest sounds WAY better than FF!
  • Options
    @canavara I use Ovagraph! I like it better than FF actually, but the interface can be a bit frustrating. I think all the computerized O calculation systems have their weaknesses though.

Anyway, Vagina Quest is a freaking awesome name and I would TOTALLY use that tracking app!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    This weekend was pretty calm. I worked out a few times and ran to the store, but I mostly stayed home and stayed out of the rain. I'm excited for next weekend. One of my students brought me an invitation to her big sister's quinceanera. I've never attended one before, and I'm excited. I've seen pictures from friends, and I'm looking forward to finally going to a quinceanera myself. 
  • Options
    It really is a talent! I feel like they have the ability to take something that should be SO SIMPLE and turn it into the most dramatic and difficult task that's ever happened. Right before we left we were trying to plan an event and we all came to an agreement about a day that would be the best but my MIL kept trying to consider other options and I literally just grabbed DHs hand walked out the door and screamed "The 14th it is. Bye".

My SIL is also getting married this year and NOTHING else matters in this world to my MIL but making sure she has everything she needs for the wedding. They didn't take nearly as much interest in our wedding. I honestly just feel bad for DH because he's always gotten the short end of the stick, and it's become blatantly obvious since his sister started to plan her wedding. 

The thing that bothers me the most is that my MIL makes comments frequently about wanting my SIL to have the first grandchild (she's older than DH, so I understand to an extent) and every time she says it I just laugh and change the subject. She doesn't know we're TTC but does she honestly think we would put our lives on hold so she could have the grandchild she 'wants' first? Shouldn't she be happy to be a grandmother regardless of who has the first child?

Ugh. Once I start he floodgates just open and it doesn't stop! Thanks for letting me rant. 

Edit because words come to fast when I'm angry!
    Holy crap! I can't believe someone would tell you that you shouldn't have a child before another person. My little sister has two kids, and I have none. I've never once been upset by it. I love her babies! My big sister had kids first, even though she's not the oldest of my siblings. Who would care about that?! My oldest brother was 18 when I was born, and has no kids. By your MIL's rules, I guess none of my siblings or I can have kids?