Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Boudreaux's Butt Paste

How do you guys use it? I tend to put a little dab where it's getting red. Do you spread it everywhere? Use it every diaper change or just when it's getting irritated?

Re: Boudreaux's Butt Paste

• I just bought some this week! I apply to any irritated area and just outside of the redness to prevent it from spreading (not sure if that actually does anything but it makes me feel proactive about it). I also sometimes put some in the inside crease/ chubby fold where the leg meets the pelvis to prevent any irritation there. Normally, I apply it to almost every diaper change, but sometimes when I'm half asleep during a mid- night diaper change I can forget.
  • I just use it when I notice he's getting red since their skin should breathe as much as possible. I love that stuff! It smells so much better than desitin and works well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I only use it if I notice redness. Then I slather it on. A little dab here and there probably won't do much. To get the most out of it, you gotta slather it on like frosting a cupcake. I read that somewhere and if they have a bad rash, that's what works to get rid of it. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I use it until I notice the redness/rash fading away. And I agree with PP, I slather it on and it always seems to help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have butt paste that i used when she got a hint of a rash at the beginning but I use Dr. Smith's on every diaper so she doesn't get a rash or if she is sitting in a dirty diaper it won't irritate her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kde4kde4 member
    FYI I was just at the store and saw that they make a spray version now. That could be really convenient!

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!