Pregnant after IF
Options

Randoms Week of 4/11

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of 4/11

• Options
    Here's a thought I had today (probably fueled by the fact that I'm now 37 weeks and have found so much support on the IF boards over the last year and a bit I've been hanging around): what are people's thoughts on having a 'Parents afte IF check in' on this board? 
  • Options
    @KidShrinkI think it's a great idea! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea @KidShrink :)
  • Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited April 2016
    https://www.morphthing.com/

Just for fun. What does your Morph baby look like? I get a variety of results...
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    I love the idea @KidShrink!

To cute @riveridgional

I just had a frightening thought the other day. I'm not sure if I want to know if my baby is a boy or a girl, as for some reason I got frightened that if it's a boy he would look only like my donor and nothing like me. Which made me wish for a girl. And I'm not sure I want to be disappointed by my choice of conceiving. Know that it only be a split second and I love it anyway even if it turns out to be purple with yellow spots.
    It even sounds silly writing this as I know I already love him/her, but yet I'm a little scared too.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @tvh1982 many of my friends' daughters are the spitting images of their fathers (one of them in particular looks so much like him, it's almost scary. he makes a beautiful girl though) and some of the boys look just like their mommas. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    So true @riveridgional, 'saying' it out loud made me already believe it was just a silly thing to worry about. :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    I think it's a great idea @KidShrink!  I have a question though about it... I know there is a "Success after IF" board.. is that the same thing?  It seems to just be a place people in the throws of IF go there seeking advice.  I'd love a place for us when we could talk to one about about parenting, considering doing IF treatments again, etc.. 
  • Options
    @Piperella : yeah, I'm not sure if that was the goal of 'Success after IF'...it was never clear to me how it differed from this board (is it only a success once you've given birth...?!), but that board is pretty dead. There's also so many people from the IF and TTTC boards that are now coming onto PAIF that I figured it's nice to keep people in one place. I definitely feel like trying again will be a different experience for many of us (I know I already have to think about it just in terms of what I need to do after I give birth to reduce the chances of further problems ...yay for stage 4 endometriosis). And it's definitely nice to keep in touch with people who have had a similar experience in trying to get pregnant. This group is generally less snarky than others, I think because we're all a little more appreciative of that little miracle we got. 
  • Options
    I do love the idea to read/hear about you ladies once the little miracle is out. So would love to see a post on here where I can 'stalk' all you lovely ladies I got to know through my journey.
    Maybe a monthly post, so that it is easier to follow for 'new' members?

• Options
    So, I found out last night at my 4 part pregnancy / childbirth class that my hospital is the only in my state to offer nitrous oxide as a pain relief option. Apparently it's a relatively new thing. The instructor phrased it as not really having any cons to it. Anyone else heard about this?
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @riveridgional : yes, the hospital where I'm giving birth also has nitrous. The nurse explained to us that you can essentially take in as much/little as you want, so you can use it to get through a contraction and breathe normally after. It would have little to no impact on baby as the effects are very short lived. I can give you some feedback about it if I do end up using it in the next few weeks! I really wonder how I'd react to it as I've never used it at the dentist or anything. I used to work in a chronic pain clinic (helping kids manage their pain!), and I've been with kids getting epidurals or being on nitrous and other stuff for different procedures, and I'm really not sure what I'd prefer. All I know is that there are limits to any pain management strategies, and as I'm getting more and more back/hip pain, I'm not convinced I can go through labour without help! 
  • Options

@KidShrink I think that sounds like a great idea. I would love to keep in touch with everyone. I agree about TTC after this. DH and I definitely plan to have a number two so we are wondering if we are going to need help again and what that journey will be like.

@riverisgional I've heard good things about the nitrous. I wish the hospital I am giving birth at used it, because it's the only drug I feel like I would feel comfortable taking! I really don't want an epidural because of the side effects, but also because I am not good with needles (way better than I was, but this kind is so different). We shall see! If I need it, I will get it though.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @kidshrink I like that idea too!
    @riveridgional I read my hospital offers nitrous too, it sounds like an interesting option. I had nitrous when I had my wisdom teeth out and I loved it for that, made the experience almost fun!
  • Options
    Just had my last dose of estrogen and progesterone. Both relieved and scared at the same time. Though the latter is ridiculous as it wasn't really necessary for me to use them, still it felt like I had a wee bit of control. :smile: 

• Options
    @tvh1982 that's exciting! I finished two weeks ago and had the same feelings so totally understand!

I had my second OB appointment today, I think it went well overall. We got to hear the heartbeat so that was amazing! I did find out they want me to do an early glucose screening next month because my BMI is overweight
  • Options
    @tvh1982 Yay. I remember when I got to stop progesterone! How exciting. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Just FYI ladies. Seems like Fisher price has recalled 3 swings.
    https://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Fisher-Price-Recalls-Infant-Cradle-Swings/