Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly Check In 4/8

How far along are you? 

How you doin- symptoms/cravings/aversions?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: How did you entertain yourself as a kid? Are there any experiences you hope your LO's get to have?

Re: Weekly Check In 4/8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @redheadbride15
    Anxiety sucks. My heart goes out to you because I have literally felt very similar about some of the things that you mentioned. Do you and DH have a family therapist? I assume that if he is being treated he must be seeing someone, could they be a resource for you? Especially as a mediator. Hang in there! We're here for your venting and ranting!!!
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 I'm so sorry you feel the weight of all of that on your shoulders, that must be so hard to feel it all so intensely. I hope sharing it here helps you begin the journey to find what you need in the next couple of weeks to cope.

Maybe just for today and tonight as you gather up what you need to get started is there anything you can do to get better sleep tonight? It might be the aches and pains of pregnancy/full bladder ect keeping your sleep poor, but would a epsom salt bath help? The magnesium helps to anchor and calm the nervous system according to chinese medicine and a bath before bed sometimes helps me sleep better. I know I always have better coping mechanisms after I have slept well and after many sleepless nights I start to fall apart emotionally.

Keep talking about it and we are here for you! I bet when I get farther along and I am not so concerned with the viability of the pregnancy I will be flipping out! I have to imagine that we all will feel at least some anxiety as we get close to the end. 
  • Options
    @redheadbride15, what your feeling at the moment is sooooo normal. From what we know of you, your scientist mind doesn't likely get too emotional as you always deal with the facts.  But you're very close to having a new baby, I think that's emotional no matter who you are. You'll never be fully prepared, deep breaths for sure, do you make lists or write things down? Like your DH, I have anxiety which led to a full blown breakdown in my early 20's. I've seen many therapists, one I loved, was on medication, Tried acupuncture (it helped), depression runs in my family as well. I haven't had issues with depression in years but my anxiety is always underlying. You and your husband sound like you have a great relationship and can talk about anything, and I'm glad he calmed you down. I find therapists and psychiatrists are very much like dating, just keep searching until you find the right one. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 Pregnancy has caused a lot of side-effects that surprised me, but anxiety definitely isn't one of them. We are doing something huge and life-changing and there are so many unknowns. (Mine include: Will I be super-uncomfortable and want to cry in the third trimester? Will labor & delivery be a horrific experience? Will sleep deprivation and caring for someone 24/7 make me an awful, miserable person? Will my relationship with my husband suffer? Will I ever be comfortable with my body after this? etc, etc, etc) These are all valid things to freak out about, and when you add pregnancy hormones into the mix, it's like the perfect storm.

One comforting thought is that you are completely normal to feel this way right now. I'm dealing with it myself, but I'll try to give helpful advice anyway. I'll just tell you what I need to hear. The anxiety will pass. If you ever need help, ask for it. And you can handle more than you realize. Also, from what I understand, there will be plenty of wonderful moments coming that will make the anxiety-ridden ones worthwhile. <3
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    30+4

im doing good, back still feels good.  On day 10 of this 'clean eating,' need to do 2 weeks for this glucose test.  I think I'll be having a cheat meal tomorrow as all my numbers have been below where they need to be. But this has given me a strong glimpse into those with diabetes, Such a hard disease. 

Appt in 2 weeks with a surprise US, psyched to see baby girl again. Shits starting to get real, will schedule CS at this appt, and this girl has defnitley grown muscles as her kicks and punches hurt.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but my son is a pretty chill kid with a very even keeled personality, pretty easy baby. I'm absolutely terrified of what this girl will be, I don't do well with high maintenance. 

My mom mom was a single mom, so we would come home from school and play outside until it was dark with all the neighborhood kids.  I hate that kids don't have that kind of freedom anymore. I feel like it gave me independence, stretched my imagination, started a love for the outdoors. I also loved to bake when I was little....and watch soap operas, I think my babysitter is guilty of letting me watch them;) I want to start to cook with my son..not there yet, but I think kids will try more when they're involved. And of course want my kids to love the outdoors. Wyatt gets cranky when he's cooped up too long, and loves our little hikes, makes me so happy!
  • Options
    Well I don't mean to take over the whole check-in thread but I just wanted to update you all. It turns out my wife's intuition was correct - H and I had a long chat and it turns out he's been struggling recently. So we're going to go back on the higher dose of medication and call the doctor Monday. I keep hoping this is going to get better and eventually go away, but I guess that's naive. I'm feeling sad, but I know we're doing the right thing. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight though.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Ah, @redheadbride15   I'm sorry you were right but I am SO glad you sensed it and acted on what you were feeling. Especially as you enter the final weeks of your pregnancy, it's so good that you can get this addressed and hopefully help your DH get tk a better place prior to baby's arrival. It's awesome that he is so willing to do what needs to be done too. That in and of itself seems really encouraging--both for now and for after baby arrives. I hope you get good sleep tonight and that he (and you) experience improvement soon. 
  • Options
    So happy you talked to your husband @redheadbride15, just shows how awesome communication is, and will always need to be. So happy to hear how receptive and open he is. Get some rest momma, tomorrow is a new day.
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 - I know it's hard to hear that your H is struggling (mime has been too recently), but it is great that you brought it up, and that you are both ready to do what needs to be done.  I'm sorry that you both have to struggle though.  I hope you get some sleep tonight.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Hi Everyone! This is my first time posting on this board. Didn't see a place for introductions, so very quickly I'm 40 and this is my 2nd child. My husband and I have been married 5 years, and this is his 3rd child. Finding out about the pregnancy was a surprise I got on my daughter's 19th birthday, and I haven't stopped being excited since the shock wore off. 

How far along are you? 20 weeks - halfway!

How you doin- symptoms/cravings/aversions? Still craving strawberries. There are lots of berry farms in my area, so I hope that lasts! Still tired a lot, and having leg cramps. 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) Just switched from an ob to a midwife last week. Upcoming ultrasound.

Rants/Raves/Questions: As a mental health professional with a history of mood challenges, myself, I'm so glad to see everyone talking about this here. It can be difficult to discuss, largely because social stigma has made mental health issues seem so... not part of the human experience in some way. That's really not the case, of course, and I'm glad to see folks fighting through those barriers to address the things that are on your minds. 

Not sure how many of you have questions about this, but as someone who has had mood problems in the past, I worry about post-partum depression sometimes. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid this?

GTKY: How did you entertain yourself as a kid? Are there any experiences you hope your LO's get to have? Reading, making up songs, and climbing trees. I'm hoping that my little one will love all of those things. What's more, I hope that she gets a chance to be more a part of the cycles of nature - planting and growing things. My poor mom did not have a green thumb, and I didn't have my first real garden until I was 34.
  • Options
    @celestialmaven Welcome and congratulations! And thanks for your confirming words about mental health. I agree that we all need to talk about it more. Also, I'm going to be asking the best ways to talk to children about it, as I know for my family this is going to be an important topic in the future.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    Welcome, @celestialmaven! We're glad to have you here! 
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 I'm so glad you brought this up and I'm hoping you're starting to feel a bit less anxious after all of this great support and talking with your H. My H has lived with the same struggles for years. We generally don't discuss it even though we've had discussions (on our own and once with his therapist) about how we should be openly discussing it. I too am very uncomfortable with bringing it up and he admits that he doesn't bring it up because he doesn't want to burden me (even though I tell him again and again to please talk to me). Even though you also struggle with talking about it, have you found any lead-ins/questions/etc that seem to work well? I worry too about these disorders being inherited and how his depression will affect our kid. And even though I know better I do think I have the tendency to try to "suck it up" and "keep it together" because I don't like the thought of us both struggling. 

@celestialmaven -Welcome! And thanks so much for jumping right in! I'm glad you brought up post partum depression. Knowing that my tendency is to not ask for help, I think I really need to bring this up with H and my family &f friends now. I need to ask them to check in with me often because while I don't tend to volunteer info, I will open up when asked. Hey, maybe my husband and I are very much alike. I should talk to him soon...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks 5 days 

How you doin- symptoms/cravings/aversions?
    Nothing really which feels strange. I'm really looking forward to being able to feel the baby move so I know things are ok. 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) OB appt tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I was pretty set on not really working next school year aside from occasionally subbing or maybe teaching a 2 hour after school class once a week next spring. Last night at a work event a teacher that I really respect brought up the idea of me teaching a 2 morning a week class with her (roughly 10 hours a week). She said she wouldn't mind at all me being gone at the start of the year and even was open to me assisting rather than co-teaching. I'm getting excited about this possibility and think it would be a nice balance. H is going to check to see if he can arrange his schedule to get one of the days off a week since he works four 10 hour shifts a week that can fall Sun-Sat. This would only leave one day of childcare to figure out. Ideally I would do a childcare swap with another part time working or SAHM. Not sure what we'll decide on, but it's nice to think about. Truth is I'm a bit worried about staying home full time. I definitely don't want to work full time in the first year, but I'm worried about feeling isolated if I'm home every day. Anyone else planning an extended leave from work and feeling the same? 

GTKY: How did you entertain yourself as a kid? Are there any experiences you hope your LO's get to have? 

I loved playing with figurines/dolls and making up stories about them. My sister and I would play Barbies and spend the majority of the time setting up their homes (we had furniture, but no playhouse) and decided what the story would be. When I was a bit older (5th grade) my dad built me a dollhouse and I started to collect miniature furniture and accessories. The kind that you'd find in a hobby shop rather than a toy store. I only played with it for a couple of years, but still have all of it stored in the basement of an friend's mom back home. 

While I played outside a lot as a kid, we didn't do any hiking or camping (other than Girl Scouts). H is big into the outdoors and grew up fishing and camping. The two of us hike somewhat regularly now. This kid will definitely do some hiking and camping. H is also a sports fan. Neither of my parents were into sports. I like to think that our daughter might enjoy sports a bit more than I did. 
  • Options
    @BernieRae--That work situation sounds ideal! I would have loved to do something like that. As it is, I managed it so that I am only away from home two days a week, for about 10 hours. The downside for me is that I have to figure out ways to get the rest of my work done from home. But that 10 hours is nice. And we ended up having a family friend come and watch LO here in the house while I was away. If you could figure out a swap and get your DH to stay home one day, that would be great. 

This time around, I have managed to (I think) arrange it so I can work entirely from home beginning in January and I'm pretty relieved about that. Finding unconventional childcare for one kiddo wasn't bad, but for two, I think it might have been tougher.  Then, the following September, I'll go back to my two days a week in the office.

Anyway. I hope you find a solution that is a happy one for you!
  • Options
    @BernieRae I work for myself from home, so my concern is about not being alone enough! My mom will be here helping, plus there's the baby, of course. I'm really going to miss having the day to myself!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    redheadbride15 I think that's a great idea. Talking to children about these things can be very helpful for them, not only in terms of helping them understand what's going on with their parents, but also in normalizing emotional experiences that our society tends to treat as extraordinary or even shameful. 
  • Options
    @BernieRae Those are great ideas! I especially love the idea of having family and friends check in. Historically, I know I can be the same in terms of not wanting to reach out. I currently see a therapist as it's my opinion that this is one of the best ways for a mental health professional to prevent burnout and other things. The nice thing is, having someone I regularly see means that she's there to help me identify signs that things might be taking a turn. Having people watching out for us is comforting :smile: 

@redheadbride15 I almost forgot to mention that it might be worthwhile to check in with a counselor who works primarily with children to ask about age appropriate ways to discuss mental health with kids.

• Options
    @redheadbride15, glad you got the conversation about depression/anxiety started and hope you and your DH are on the road to more open communication about it! So glad you got such great support on this board, too!

I have suffered from depression/anxiety on and off for a number of years and while I've gotten more comfortable talking about it, it is still such a taboo topic. I actually did suffer from ppd after my son was born. For me, lack of sleep/insomnia is a trigger for my depression and I had a very colicky LO which resulted in little to no sleep in the early months. Thankfully, because I have dealt with depression in the past, I was able to recognize it and knew I needed to get help. However, even though it is very common, there is still a stigma around ppd, and I definitely felt some pressure to act like having a new baby was all rainbows and puppy dogs. This time around I am working on a plan with my midwives, which may include an SSRI prescription (compatble with breastfeeding) towards the end of this pregnancy. The stress and sleep deprivation (not to mention the hormones) of new motherhood are definitely no joke, and I think you all are very wise to start thinking about this and having a plan for check ins.

Welcome, @celestialmaven, glad to have you as part of the conversation!
  • Options
    @Mamafesto I'm starting to gain all the weight too! But...my midwife told me in a healthy pregnancy she'd like to see a 10-15lb gain from weeks 20-28. She found that it correlates with healthier labor outcomes and lower incidences of pre-eclampsia. This is the time when blood volume doubles so a fair amout of weight is blood/placenta/baby. I was really surprised by this as I had never heard anyone else talk about it this way. 
  • Options
    That's really interesting, @createillumination !
  • Options
    That's nice to hear, @createillumination. My dr recommended a pound a week for me through the 2nd and 3rd trimester, but it seemed odd that it would be spread so evenly. And I've started creeping over my goal weight.  :# Hopefully your midwife is right!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    P.S. I've read that weight can level out or decrease in the last month, but at my childbirth class the instructor warned us to watch what we eat in the third trimester because you can gain a lot. I'm not sure which to believe!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    I gained a LOT in my first tri - EEK - but it's leveling off now.  With my first, I gained most of my weight in the second trimester.  I DID gain 8 pounds of fluid in my final week (actually 3 days - freaked me out a bit, but my OB wasn't concerned because my urine was fine) but that came off quickly.  :)  It's such a mind game.  This time around, I'm trying not to freak out about my weight - even though I've already surpassed my total weight gain form last time.  

How far along are you?  20 weeks tomorrow!!

How you doin- symptoms/cravings/aversions?  I worked 3 ten hour days in a row in the unit and we were BUSY.  I think I may have been having Braxton Hicks contractions last night.  I felt icky, so I had some water and laid down in bed.  My abdomen was pretty hard, but not painful, just kind of tightened up.  I don't know.  I never had contractions with my first since I had a scheduled c-section, so I don't know what they feel like - Braxton Hicks or otherwise.  I'm fine today, but my pelvic issues are flaring - probably due to the three days of work and not wearing my support belt today (I needed a break).  

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  I have an endocrinology appointment this week.  Other than that - OB in two weeks.  Oh, and I'm seeing a chiropractor on Wednesday - hoping she can help my hips, pelvis, and back.  I'm a mess!!

Rants/Raves/Questions:  See above, I guess that was kind of a rant/question.  :)  

GTKY: How did you entertain yourself as a kid? Are there any experiences you hope your LO's get to have?   Much like everyone else, I loved to read - must be our generation!  I was the youngest of 7, but most of the kids were out of the house, so I was like an only child.  I used my imagination a lot - playing with dolls, had an imaginary friend, playing with cars.  I'd make up elaborate stories for the characters I was playing with.  :)  So fun.  I hope my kids can be imaginative and creative in this technological world.  I was SO happy, my daughter didn't ask for any TV until AFTER her nap this afternoon.  We did art, played with toys, went outside and ran around.  No time for Paw Patrol or Doc McStuffins!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @emsmama15 my stomach varies from soft to hard throughout the day, but when I contract it looks vacuum sealed and there is usually a funny baby lump a little off center. It doesn't hurt. I've read that Braxton Hicks don't feel like regular contractions.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    Yeah--I think I've been having some BH too. They just make my uterus feel hard and my OB said it wasn't anything to worry about unless they started to come in a regular pattern or were painful--which would mean they were real contractions. The contractions i had with my son were definitely different. They were pitocin-induced so they were incredibly intense, but I imagine even natural ones would feel like them. There was certainly pain associated and they felt kind of like waves rolling in, tightening, and then releasing. I don't know if that helps or not, but it's the best way I can think to describe it. They definitely felt like a more "whole body" affair than these BH ones (if that's what I have been having). 
  • Options
    @BernieRae Thanks for sharing your story too. I wish I had solid advice or specific words that I use to talking to my DH about his depression. I wish I could pretend that this issue is easy for us as a couple, but it simply isn't. Talking openly about mental health without any hard feelings is, by far, our number one challenge and struggle as a couple. I've known this since our first date (I'm well-trained as a health professional to pick up on subtle signs of mental illness). It almost ended our relationship on several occasions. Every time the issue comes up it sends me into a funk for at least a week, where I cry a lot and can't sleep. It's worse this time because I'm pregnant. I have not gotten a solid night's sleep in a week. I've felt every rage of emotion, and vacillate wildly between denial and acceptance. This morning I woke up suddenly feeling so angry that I had to do everything in my power to stop myself from throwing something or breaking something. Not surprisingly, my reactions make him feel guilty and less willing to talk openly about it. His desire to sweep this under the rug is as strong as mine is. However, even though it's extremely difficult and painful for me I always know it's best to be honest, and I'm very slowly getting better at handling these conversations. It's definitely a work in progress. I am imperfect.

This time I just said flat out to him "Can we spend a few minutes talking about your mental health? How do you think you're doing recently?" and then I listened. Fortunately when asked flat-out he is always honest with me, so I know this works. I have to prepare to hold myself back from reacting immediately, because that reaction is almost always counterproductive - anger, defensiveness, anxiety, sadness. So I simply said "I'm glad you shared this with me" and I explained that I needed some time for myself to reflect. We've been talking about it on-and-off all weekend. I have to be extremely calculated in what I say to him, which is probably one reason why I don't sleep well because I'm mulling over in my head the exact words that I'm going to use to express myself. I've written entire books in my head the past few nights. When things aren't going well it's a matter of prioritizing and tackling one issue at a time. First - what are we going to do to help you feel better right now? Second - how are we going to help you find a better psychiatrist? (his current one is the reason why I wanted to break something this morning - it's a long story). Third - how are we going to talk more openly about this in the future? And then, only when we're both feeling well - How can we both work on rejecting the stigma associated with this disease? And ultimately, the topics I'm dreading - How is this going to affect our parenting style and how should we eventually talk to our son about your depression?
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    Re: weight gain. Mine's been totally weird! I gained nothing 1st trimester into the beginning of 2nd, then very gradual gain starting around 16 weeks followed by a HUGE gain between weeks 24-28, and now nothing again in the past few weeks (if anything I've lost 1-2 pounds). It's definitely a stepwise gain, not a linear process. I'm using the Ovia pregnancy app and they have a "zone" for recommended weight gain which just gradually increases over the course of the pregnancy. I've accepted that it's a wild oversimplification - I seem to always be either over or under the goal. I just eat when I'm hungry and trust that my body is doing whatever it needs to be doing.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks today! I see the second trimester on the horizon! 

How you doin- symptoms/cravings/aversions? I'm feeling great! Finally! The horrendous nausea has finally subsided and I can really start enjoying my pregnancy. My cheeseburger craving has gone away but I still want my bagel with cream cheese every morning. Oh and Yodal's... my niece bought me a box and it takes all of me not to devour more than 1 a day. I'm shocked I lost 5 lbs and haven't gained with the way I was eating the past 2 months. Now that I'm feeling better I'm actually loving salads again and fruit. So back to eating healthier as possible. And hopefully tomorrow I'll be back in the gym!! It's been a long 2 months not being in there! I miss it and I need my motivation back!! I lost over 50 lbs before I got pregnant, I want to gain as little as possible. My dr said I shouldn't gain more than 25lbs. So that's my goal. 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) Today we have the NT scan and Maternit21 blood work. Very excited to see our little peanut again today. Hopefully we will finally be able to hear the heartbeat. We've only seen it both times. But as long as it's there that's all I care about! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: We made our announcement yesterday and the out pouring love and support for our family and friends was amazing!! We are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives! 

GTKY: How did you entertain yourself as a kid? Are there any experiences you hope your LO's get to have? I was huge into Lego's, drawing and sports. I could sit and build things all day, and I LOVED to draw, but I also loved being outside shooting hoops, or having a catch and riding bikes with my friends. I loved my childhood. I'm hoping for the same with our little All-Star. Just want him/her to be active and creative. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    @BernieRae I am planning to leave my job right before baby comes and what was once something I felt so certain about is now something I worry about. Am I making the right decision? I am going to miss m coworkers. How difficult will it be to find another job? What if.... what if... what if? So many feelings it's overwhelming sometimes. Ultimately, i know it is the right decision deep down and I think that I am also dreading having the conversation with my boss. If I flat out hated my job this would be a lot easier.

@redheadbride thank you for sharing your story with us. Having struggled with depression and anxiety before I can honestly say that it is so important to have a dialogue but indeed very challenging.

As for weight gain... i was 165 when I got pregnant I am about 210 now. I definitely feel the extra weight in a big way especially now thhat the wee one is kicking up a storm. I am trying not to worry about the weight as far as number goes but it is disheartening when I see it on the scale. 
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks, craved bubble gum ice cream last week which is odd because The last time I had it was age 10. Did first tri genetic testing, so far no abnormalities and I'm having a girl!