High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bilobated placenta? And possible bleeding between the uterine wall

today we went for our 20 week ultrasound and found that we have a bilobated placenta. Which the MFM didn't seem concerned about other then telling me that we most likely would not have a natural birth. Then later in the scan he noticed some blood. A very small amount but he noticed it between the second part of the placenta and the wall.. He is checking again in 6 weeks to see if it has gone away or not but I'm really concerned and I would love to know if any of you ladies have gone through something similar? Please no rude comments, we just lost a child last July without cause and I am just extremely worried now.

Re: Bilobated placenta? And possible bleeding between the uterine wall

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having worry. I too have a bilobed placenta, they called m8ne a succentiriate placenta with a velamentous cord insertion. What my doctor has told me about the placenta is that there is possibility of baby not getting enough nutrients and could have slow growth. They are doing growth scans every 4 weeks for now. As far as labor/delivery they will try to have me deliver naturally if baby is doing ok and will have to make sure all pieces of placenta come out. They seem optimistic at this point, but I'm still very concerned. Cant imagine anything happening to my baby.