June 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else have to pee every. single. time. they move?

WepploWepplo member
edited April 2016 in June 2016 Moms
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I tried using the search bar without much luck.

Is anyone else feeling the need to rush to the bathroom every time they walk around? If I'm laying or sitting, or sometimes even standing still, I'm fine. However, as soon as I start walking around, I get this sudden urge to pee. It's becoming quite difficult to manage because I teach and cannot leave my class to run to the bathroom every time I walk around the room! I think it's especially annoying because if I am able to use a bathroom, I hardly have anything to pee anyway! Ugh!

I'm assuming this just means baby is chillin' on my bladder? Or should I be concerned about a UTI? No burning or anything, so I'm hoping that's not it. And if anyone has any advice for how to walk more than 10 steps without feeling like a potty emergency is imminent, I would love to hear it. Thanks!  :) 

Re: Anyone else have to pee every. single. time. they move?

• Options
    This is totally me. Not sure how many weeks you are, but I'm 31 and this boy is chilling out right on my bladder. It's worst when going from sitting to standing. Feels like I can't get there fast enough. I would say this is not a UTI, and I only have sympathy, no advice. 
  • Options
    Raises hand! Me too it's almost painful when I try to walk around and have to pee. My LO is also really low and usually when I go it's like 5 drops. It's gotten to the point when I'm home I'll only flush like hourly. It sucks I wish she were up higher so I couldn't eat as much lol. Sorry no advice except  to say I don't think it's a UTI.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to pee all the time, no matter what. I wear pads to help in case of accidents :-/ glamour, glamour. I've never had an UTI though, so I'm no help there. 
  • Options
    Definitely not a UTI, just a sure sign that our babies are dropping and getting super comfy right on top of our bladders. I can't even get through half of my 20 min walk with my dog without having to pee these days.
  • Options
    I'm 30+5, STM, and I swear every time I stand up from sitting I have to pee. Every. Time.
  • Options
    Lots of peeing. They should make maternity pull ups. (They would be the same as depends, just cooler and not make us feel as weird buying them).
    This. I would totally consider wearing a diaper and just pissing on myself rather than going to pee every 10 minutes. Imagine the toilet paper we would save! Haha
  • Options
    YES. So much yes OP. I have an iron bladder,  usually don't get up at all at night to pee. And about two weeks ago the third tri hell of feeling like I need to pee every 5 minutes began. And the thing that enrages me is it feels like when I pee it will be the longest,  highest volume pee I have ever taken in my entire life, annnddd, I actually only squeeze out a few tablespoons worth! 

And the getting up 4 or 5 times a night to pee? That can eat a dick.
  • Options
    My kid has been bumping his head against my bladder for most of this pregnancy. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting, laying, walking, standing... I pretty much have a constant feeling of needing to pee. Dang kid.
  • Options
    I pee constantly.  No matter what. 
  • Options
    This happens to me even if I don't really need to pee. And it hurts! As soon as a stand up from sitting I feel that painfully bad urge to pee...but if I walk around for a minute it usually goes away. 
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Raises hand! Me too it's almost painful when I try to walk around and have to pee. My LO is also really low and usually when I go it's like 5 drops. It's gotten to the point when I'm home I'll only flush like hourly. It sucks I wish she were up higher so I couldn't eat as much lol. Sorry no advice except  to say I don't think it's a UTI.
    We flush hourly too!! Between potty training my son and me.. I'm not paying more for my water bill!! 

There red was a time that I was napping and I couldn't fully stand up.. If I did I would surely pee my pants! 
  • Options
    Constantly peeing! I now know the quickest route to every restroom in all of the supermarkets/clothing stores/Targets that I frequent. Def is the worst when getting up after laying down, it is like he just settles right down on my bladder. 

@June2016BabyW you could become a millionaire with that idea. I would ABSOLUTELY buy maternity pull ups! 

• Options
    100% I can't get to the train (a 15minute walk) without having to pee every time. But then I sit down and it's like... 

I actually wait on the toilet for a few minutes now for 'second pee'. It seems to be the only thing that helps a tiny bit. But yeah, not a uti. Just pregnancy. Glamorous!
  • Options
    I find that as soon as I stand up, I need to pee... but if I walk around for a bit the urge usually goes away. Although when I'm watching TV in the evening, I usually pee about 3-4 times an hour :(
  • Options
    @June26BabyW Always and Depends both have a pull up version that can be used. After my surgery two years ago Always incontinence pads are my friends. Now, onward to the Always because I ALWAYS have to pee.
  • Options
    I know there are incontinence diapers out there already and trust me, I've considered it. I just want special made maternity ones. For some reason I feel like if I was standing in line buying them, I wouldn't feel weird if they were maternity. And they would fit a little differently because they would be made with the mom in mind. Plus they could make them with some inserts available and you could wear them PP to help with the bleeding.

And obviously we would have to make some cloth diaper variation for maternity wear.
  • Options
    I usually use the sit. pee. stand. sit. pee. method.  As @HBamama2B said, the second pee never fails.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Every time I roll over in bed at night, and every time I move from sitting to standing.
  • Options
    Yes and it has been happening for several weeks now! My u/s tech actually brought it up at my last anatomy scan. She showed me that the baby's head is right on my bladder and mentioned that even though at the time my bladder was only about a quarter of the way full, it probably felt like I was about to pee myself. Neat trick LO...
  • Options
    Oh man. This morning, I swear I was going to pee my pants if I didn't go rightnow. Sat down and peed like 2 teaspoons. Not cool, kid. Not cool.
  • Options
    Well I'm sorry if this makes me a bad person, but I am happy to hear that you all are dealing with the never ending urge as well! It must be normal. So far this morning I have been fine but I know the second I leave the house, I will be searching for a toilet! Joys of pregnancy! I feel lucky that I have yet to pee myself... It's the little things. ;)

• Options
    While I do think this is normal and luckily, only experienced if for a few days (so far), my midwife did say that UTIs can manifest differently during pregnancy. I didn't bother taking a test bc I knew in my gut it was the baby on my bladder. Just relaying that info.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I unfortunately have the gottapeerightnow all the time, I was diagnosed with an 'overactive bladder' in my teens. So my husband is used to me walking into the apartment, throwing all my stuff on the floor and yelling 'GOTTA PEE' and charging for the bathroom. The sad thing is that I'm just slower these days, so close calls are getting closer! 
    Anyone else also feel that it's when you really can't pee that the urge strikes? Like on the subway, or in an elevator? 
    Just, UGH.
  • Options
    Story of my life!! It's always worse when I lay down get comfy and then OH JUST KIDDING!! Or when I'm driving, really I hate using gas station bathrooms!
  • Options
    I work at a Doctors office and when I'm on the computers I'm fine, but if I stand up really quickly it'll hit me. It'll feel like I'm about to explode. Then I'll sneak off to the bathroom only to barely tinkle lol My male boss doesn't get it so I try not to run every time I have the urge, but other times I feel like I can't hold it. I also used to sleep through the night without ever having to get up, now I'm up two or three times at least. However, these are the times I have to actually go. 
  • Options
    alileecamalileecam member
    edited April 2016
    I basically have some urge to pee 99% of the time. The most infuriating is when I am at the doctor's office, feel like I have to pee, and then not being able to pee in the cup at all. This has happened a few times now! They don't let me leave until I do. Sometimes I manage like 3 drops in that cup. Then I go home and pee 6 times over the next two hours. (Not to mention how awkward it has become to try to position the cup to catch pee in the first place with my huge baby gut in the way... even if I manage to pee, it's a minor miracle to catch it in that tiny cup)

And my nighttime routine is lay down on one side, sleep for two hours, get up to pee, come back and lay on the other side, rinse, repeat. I pee 4-5 times a night.
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• Options
    Right there with ya! I'm fine if I'm sitting or laying down, but the moment I get moving...potty break! I've found that if I empty my bladder before heading out the door, the feeling that I need to pee as I start walking does eventually go away. My husband thinks it's hysterical that when we are getting ready to leave the house, the last thing I always will do is pee, then if there's an unexpected delay....even if it's only 5 minutes, I'll go again just to be safe. 

I've always been a frequent night pee-er and knew I'd be up a million times during the pregnancy so I drink a LOT of water in the morning and early afternoon and stop by 6ish. By the time I hit the bed, I only have to get up to pee maybe twice during the night. Seems to be working for now, we'll see if that goes out the window as the pregnancy progresses.
  • Options
    Oh God yes.  I mentioned that to my obgyn and she seemed adamant that it alone was not enough to assume a UTI.  It depends on the day for me but sometimes it's just brutal. 
  • Options
    Story of my life. Before bed I pee, I lay down, I get back up to pee--really trying to empty my bladder. Head back to bed, have to pee again. Third times a charm I suppose for my bladder!
  • Options
    lol @vintagevix86 same here! When I was a little kid my parents would always tell us to 'check' i.e. go to the bathroom before we went on long drives or anything. So now when we are getting ready to go somewhere or about to walk out the door, H looks at me like a smartass and goes, "Do you want to 'check'?" 
    I always do. 

• Options
    @lolonvive It makes perfect sense to me! Clear out the tank! I also get the sarcasm from him when we go to the movies...I pop into the restroom as soon as we arrive and then do one last "check" about 5 or 10mins before trailers begin. 
  • Options
    .... I have literally exited a restroom & gotten the urge to pee before the door finished swinging shut!
  • Options
    I seriously will just sit there for a few minutes because I know more is coming.  Between the constant thirst that happens when I'm pregnant and my already small bladder, I have to pee all the time.  I seriously will sometimes go to the bathroom, pull up my pants and decide I have to pee again.  It's making me insane.  I can get up to pee at night and have to go again by the time I walk back to bed.  It's been annoying my whole pregnancy but in the last week, he's moved and now it's even worse.  I'm only 29 weeks tomorrow and thinking of another 10 weeks or so of this makes me need a nap, but of course, I'd just have to wake up and pee anyway. 
  • Options
    Story of my life lately. I seriously got up to pee, came back to bed, and before I even got in a comfy position had to pee again. Making. Me crazy. 
  • Options
    I have a cold. I totally coughed until I peed my pants this weekend. That was super fun! Sorry if that's TMI! Haha
  • Options
    Just last night, I went pee before bed. Was laying in bed, got some reflux and sat up so I would feel better. Sat there for a few min burping, lovely, huh?...and then had to pee again. Couple hours later, my 4yr old woke up and I had to take her back to bed. Went pee on my way back to my bed. Woke up in the morning with the most painful full bladder lol oh the joys of pregnancy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    TNvols27 said:
    Lots of peeing. They should make maternity pull ups. (They would be the same as depends, just cooler and not make us feel as weird buying them).
    This. I would totally consider wearing a diaper and just pissing on myself rather than going to pee every 10 minutes. Imagine the toilet paper we would save! Haha
    Ha! Honestly, it would definitely make my life easier! I pee before I leave for work, 15 minutes later when I get there, 10 mins after that. Then I have to go at least an hour before I get a chance to go again. I love being a nurse, love what I do, hate my charge nurse  (just had to throw that in there), but I'm always worried I'm going to pee my pants!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I saw an ad for some super cute (even a tad sexy) underwear that is meant to replace pads/tampons...so I guess a fancy adult diaper in a way...they sure looked tempting. If they make those things capable of handling a pee-break, I'd buy a ton in a heartbeat.