Babies on the Brain
Options

Introduction

I just realized that I posted here before introducing myself. Whoopsie. My name is Amanda and I'm a stay at home mom to my 5 month old daughter. DH wants to start TTC like, yesterday. I'm a little on the fence though because 2 under 2 seems a little intense. However, him talking about it all the time has gotten me thinking of it more and more. Sooo here I am :)

Re: Introduction

• Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    Welcome to the Bump! While I can definitely understand the desire for another, I would consider letting your body recover a little longer. Doctors recommend waiting 18 months between pregnancies to allow for full body recovery and ensuring healthier outcomes for your baby. While that may be too long, I would probably wait at least a year.
  • Options
    Thank you! That's what I've been thinking, or at least waiting 6 months. DH is crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep taking prenatal vitamins to help your body recover from what it took to nurture your LO. I think the recommended advice is a minimum of 18 months from birth to birth (recommended is not required, ultimately your decision after looking up the facts). I recommend taking a look at this breakdown of different age gaps in the meantime:

https://www.thealphaparent.com/2012/07/what-no-one-tells-you-about-child.html?m=1

That being said, my momma got pregnant with my sister when I was 6 months old. My sister came late and very healthy. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks again @micshi :) I must have read that arrive a thousand times lol I just feel like if we wait too much longer I will get too comfortable having a toddler and won't want to go back. Are you waiting the full 18 months?
  • Options
    @doodleoodle Sorta kinda, not really, haha. I just finished my last pack of BC, and our plan is to use charting/temping to avoid getting pregnant for a few more months. I'm not confident in the avoiding though since my charts will be crazy with L-Bug still not STTN. My husband is most comfortable with waiting to TTC until L-Bug is 12 months. I'm happy getting knocked up anytime between now and then. 

• Options
    @micshi well it can take a little while, but I'm sure it'll happen at the right time :) good luck to you! Maybe we'll be on the same BMB! If I actually ever pull the trigger lol
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I just realized that I've chatted to you before in the 2u2 board! Maybe we will be on the same BMB next go around  ;)

• Options
    @micshi yeah, girl! It would be fitting since we seem to be on the same boards. :smile:
  • Options
    Welcome!  DH and I started trying for another when DD 1 was 9 months old.  Our girls are 20 (almost 21) months apart.  They do fight, but they get along really well most of the time.  They also entertain each other for long stretches of time.  I love their age gap.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hupp0013 Thanks for sharing your story! I'd love to pick your brain. How did you balance the 2 of them in the beginning? For instance, when DD2 started getting to the age when she fought naps what did you do with DD1? I think that after the first couple of years a close age gap will be WONDERFUL. I'm just struggling with how I will juggle their needs in the beginning. My LO is so attached to me that she has days where she cries when I put her down to change her diaper lol
  • Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    doodleoodle: My brother and I are about 11 months apart because my mother unexpectedly became pregnant with me literally 2 months after having my brother. We grew up close (and fought a ton) and gave my parents a run for their money. It was very demanding and taxing on her though because she stayed home. She said the only thing that saved her sanity was my father was very helpful when he was around and then they moved near family for more support.

Does your DH help out a lot now? Do you have a support network? Having essentially two babies at one time will be very challenging and without a really strong support system, I wouldn't even consider it...
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I wore DD#2 in a carrier a lot.  I had a bunch of freezer meals ready to go.  I had family who was around to take DD#1 every once in a while.  My kids also eventually started taking 1 nap a day at the same time until DD#1 dropped her nap. 

You would survive.  The two really young children part goes quickly, relatively speaking.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited April 2016
    @bmo88 I'm a SAHM as well. DH is pretty good about helping around the house. On the weekends he helps out with LO as much as I want and during the week he hangs out with her an hour or two each day. We do have family close by. I'm sure MIL would happily help. My SIL as 3 children and they are over there a lot. I'm sure in the next 2-4 years we will have to move for DH's career though, but that kind of makes me want to have another soon. That way my baby will have a familiar playmate. Thanks! @hupp0013
  • Options
    While everyone is on this topic, how did y'all handle the first few weeks of pregnancy with a baby? I just had a stomach bug yesterday, and it brought back memories of how hard the first 20-24 weeks of pregnancy were for me with LBug. I was incredibly sick all day and so so so tired. I know it's not guaranteed that your second pregnancy will be like your first (or not like), but did any of you struggle with a tough pregnancy while taking care of your LO?