Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of 4/4

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of 4/4

• FYI - I wish I found this earlier, but now in finally making progress with my registry. ..

https://www.lucieslist.com/baby-registry-basics/
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @riveridgional  I love Lucie's List! I am on the email list too and love the articles. I also took the BabyList quiz to find out what we needed --- they let you fill out a short quiz to find out if you want it all or if you want just the basics, etc. I found it really helpful too. DH and I are wanna-be-minimalists so we were looking for a simple registry that was practical yet didn't deprive our baby of what he or she would truly need in their first year :smile: 

• Loading the player...
  • I love Lucie's List!  Here is a question for y'all regarding registries.  I'm a FTM, so I'm finding it intimidating to know what wellness/care items to put on the list because I don't know the ins and outs of how to take care of a baby.  I know.. I know.  I'm still reading pregnancy books.  Haven't hit the "Baby's first year" books yet.  I've put the nosefrieda thing on my list, nail clippers, gripe water, and an anal thermometer.. but I don't know what is is a must have.. any mom's with any advice?
  • The only thing I can think of is the orajel teething gel.  We had the nighttime one and it helped so much, also had teething tablets and used gas drops for bottles!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited April 2016
    @Piperella I know how you feel! I polled other moms on scissors vs nail clippers, rectal thermometers vs. ear, and the list goes on! I did add the Nose Frieda despite most of my mom friends thinking it's gross... But those that have used it, swear by it!
  • @piperella I've also been told by some moms to have Infant Tylenol on hand -- most say they only needed it once but it was worth having around.

Side note --- are your bellies ridiculously itchy?!?!?! I oil mine twice a day and it helps for sure but wow I wish I could just take a bath in that stuff!
  • @piperella - baby tylenol (if you need it, you'll want it to be available).  And I LOVE the Nose Frieda.  That was a midnight trip to Babys R Us for us.  I'm not grossed out by my kid's snot, but there's a filter, so it doesn't actually get close to your mouth or anything and it works 100 times better than a bulb syringe.  Plus it comes apart for cleaning - bulb syringes are disgusting and can't be cleaned.  << my two cents!   Oh, and some sort of diaper rash cream.  My daughter had super sensitive skin and seemed to have a red butt a lot (I was on IV antibiotics due to an infection in my c-section incision, so I think that messed with her GI tract too).  We used triple paste on her and it worked really well.  Now I make my own, which I like even better.  :)  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Thank you ladies for the suggestions!  I've been adding them to my registries (not that people will buy them, but I will remember them). 
  • My randomness of today:
    I'm not sure I can do this.
    I haven't had proper food in over a week, am on sick leave this week and am so exhausted. As I didn't go anywhere I decided a pj day was perfect. But today I thought I probably have to hit the stores and by new shakes from the pharmacy (those stay down, if I absolutely do not move for 2hrs afterwards) So I had to take a shower and really wash my hair...halfway through I had to hurry up, and didn't manage to dry myself of completely as I was about to faint! Managed to reach my sofa and lay down. 
    I don't want to complain, as I am thrilled where I am today, but this is hard!
    On top of it my hormones are playing the all-is-so-intensely-sad card that I feel very sorry for my self, or the characters in Mamma Mia, Spy, and any other person I've seen on tv. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. I've had those days where all I can do is lie on the couch and hate life. It's ok to not love pregnancy. People say it gets better but no one seems to really talk about just how hard the first trimester is. I know those of us dealing with infertility feel particularly grateful for being pregnant but holy shit can it really suck! I also think you are incredibly brave doing all this alone. There have been times I get whiny and I've thought of you and how much stronger you are and tell myself to put on my metaphorical big girl pants (because I don't wear real pants right now unless I have to) and face it. 
  • @tvh1982 Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.
  • I just saw that ergo baby carrier with infant insert is on sale for 89.99$ at a site called zulily.com https://www.zulily.com/p/navy-bundle-of-joy-organic-cotton-carrier-infant-insert-179226-25764398.html?pos=2&fromEvent=179226&amp;

does anyone have any idea on this site? I just don't want to she'll ou 90$ for a fake but if it is genuine then that's a great price. Let me know ur thoughts :)
    thanks.
  • @tvh1982 so sorry you're feeling this crummy! Are you on meds for the nausea? If not, for your sake and that of baby, get on that ASAP. I was on diclectin (diclegis in the US, not sure what the equivalent would be for you) from weeks 7-13. Luckily, that worked out for me. My sister, however, had hyperemesis for her entire first trimester and ended up in the hospital dehydrated, and a few weeks later, was back in the hospital for kidney stones due to the dehydration. 

I'm now 36 weeks and the rest of my pregnancy (up til this weekend)was great. I ended up in early/pre-labour with contractions every 2 minutes. Then as I was leaving the hospital (they had managed to calm everything down), I puked my dinner from the night before. And I've been feeling awful since...turns out a beginning of stomach flu is likely what irritated my uterus to begin with...and now it's just not going away. Hopefully this means that things are on the mend, but my stomach now continuously sounds like the latest Jurassic Park movie...like some sort of massive dinosaur is growling from inside a cave. My poor baby must be wondering what those deafening sounds are. I'm going to call L&D today just to make sure I shouldn't be put on an IV again as I've been eating so little over the last few days. I've also been dealing with 'I can't possibly complain about pregnancy' guilt...but I can honestly say now that I've had a wonderful pregnancy that I couldn't be happier with but now...I'm kind of done. Especially when the last month was affected by excruciating back pain (which have magically disappeared this weak, possibly when I was on morphine in the hospital...thank god, I don't think I could deal with the pain and the stomach flu at the same time). Hang in there mama, and make sure you get proper treatment!  
  • Thank you @kennelchick, @binnie505 and @kidshrink.

Im not on any meds, but my doctor did mention it was a possibility if I didn't get any better. I'm not a fan of meds, but I'll give him a call tomorrow.
    I think the whole 'almost fainting' bit freaked me out a bit. I won't see a friend until Saturday, what if I hit my head scenarios popped up in my mind!

Thank you for thinking I'm brave @kennelchick, I also will find my metaphorical big girls pants and put them on :smile: 

That's sounds like an exhausting and bit scary weekend @kidshrink. Hang in there too, almost at the finish line, you've got this! 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• The medication is essentially a mix of vitamin B6 and some antihistamine. You could always start with just the increased vit B6 and see where that takes you, but if you can't hold anything down and you just about fainted, that's probably worse for you and baby than meds. 
  • @Binnie505
    I accidentally posted my response to you on 3rd Tri. I'll repost here in case or helps anyone else out:

Zulily is a legit website. It's kinda of like Rue La La where different designers or brands are marked down for 24-48 hours. Shipping can sometimes take FOREVER but it should be in before you need it.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Very true @kidshrink! I'll call my doctor first thing tomorrow.

• @tvh1982 I'm so sorry you're feeling so yucky. I wish I could take some of my good feeling, put it in the mail and send it to you! I hear you about the fainting stuff. That has been me nearly every morning for the past week and a half. I have fainted twice before pregnancy, so I knew what the signs were and what I needed to do: get something to eat, preferably with protein and carbs, and have a large glass of water. All while sitting down as quickly as possible. Even if that means eating/drinking on the kitchen floor (yes, I have done that before). I know you may be opposed to meds, but you gotta think of your babe. S/he relies on you to keep him/her safe. If that means taking some anti-nausea meds, you should definitely do it! You should maybe think about carrying your cell phone (assuming you have one) with you everywhere, just in case.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• If my reaction today was not due to hormones, then I'm in real trouble the first few days after dropping my baby off at daycare. I turned in my registration this afternoon and started crying heavily when I got into my car and drove away. The registration! I'm a mess. I wanna be a stay at home mom so badly and the reality of it not happening is killing me! Now I feel like crying again... haha
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional Oh boy. I'm pretty sure most women cry when they drop their babies off at daycare the first time, especially ones who have been trying so hard to have one.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @riveridgional - strangely, when I dropped my daughter off that first week I got a little teary, but not too bad.  About a month later, we had Thanksgiving and had a four day weekend. The following weekend, I started sobbing IN her room and couldn't stop.  I don't know if it was the four days with her that made it so bad, or what.  It's normal.  It's a big step to decide on someone to care for your most precious thing in the world.  :)  Hugs.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Awww, I'm so sorry, @riveridgional!  I'm not looking forward to that and I've heard it will already be hard to find an infant daycare for our little one.  I'm not so secretly hoping my DH doesn't end up working and decides he wants to be a SAHD for at least the first year or so.. I'm the breadwinner so I don't even have that option.  
  • I'm sorry @riveridgional. That must have been tough.

I used to be an au-pair when I just moved to Norway. And the youngest I took care of during the day just turned one. My heart broke a little for the parents, as she was still so little. 
    Which is only worse in other countries as they are even younger when they go to daycare. 
    That is one of the reasons I am not moving back to the Netherlands just yet. The possibility to be home a year on paid maternity leave is something I take with both hands. 
    After that I'll see how much I long for to live close to my parents. 

• Just got back from my doctors, didn't get medication for my ms.
    Instead I have to go to the hospital and get an infuse. I have something called hyperemesis gravidarum.
    I'm a little relieved they found something and can fix it. Will make me stop worrying that my baby is not getting any nutrition and vitamins.

• Yes, that's what my sister had. Glad you'll be getting an IV...you're probably super dehydrated. They'll likely put you on meds too though. 
  • @riveridgional Aw no, I'm so sorry! I will say that I completely understand how you feel!!! The company I work for is actually closing in June (baby due in July) and I was prepared to be unemployed as long as I could just to be home with the baby longer even though financially it would be tough... Welp, the company that bought us offered me a job (which of course is amazing and a huge relief) but I SOBBED the entire night after I got my job offer because reality was setting in that I would be away from my baby. I did luck out big time though so I can't complain anymore --- I know have a job, I'll be working from home, and my mom offered to work part time so she could watch our baby for most of the day (partially at my house too). I think her offer to work part time may have stemmed from me being a complete basket case... I'll take it!
  • @tvh1982  I am so sorry to hear that you've been feeling so awful! It definitely must be a relief that they pinpointed what was causing it. I am glad they are helping you and of course your baby get through this. I hope you feel better soon!
  • @tvh1982 Oh no!!!!! I am so beyond sorry to hear that. That is awful. Women are hospitalized for months because of that. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @tvh1982 I'm glad you have an answer and hopefully the infuse will make you feel so much better. I have a friend who went through that with her pregnancy, and it definitely looks tough! They'll hopefully and likely also put you on medication after your IV to keep you from getting dehydrated. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• They have put me on IV and some medication. I also got to see my little snowflake and the doctor here insured me that (s)he is not suffering and has no clue I'm not well. So that was good :)
    As they caught me so early I probably be home on Saturday, and they'll keep me medicated for a while. 
    So im back to my positive me and can handle it all again :smile: 

• Great news @tvh1982. Take care.
  • I'm so glad you have been diagnosed and hopefully the doctors have a plan for you. :)  As soon as you said what you have, @tvh1982, I was like oooh, look at her.. she's just like Princess Kate!  I'm sorry you are going through such severe sickness, but am glad you got some answers today.  I hope every day gets the tiniest bit better for you!
  • @tvh1982 OMG girl you are a superstar for dealing with it that long. I was reading your first post and thinking ok that's not good. I mean I feel like crap for sure, but don't have to lay still for 2 hours just to keep a shake down and I haven't almost passed out! I'm so glad they are getting you hydrated, they need to put you on meds when you go home! Just remember, you're not doing this for the pregnancy and nothing lasts forever....that's what I reminded myself today while grocery shopping and gagging and dry heaving passing the meat aisle hahaha. Much love! :)
  • DH and I decided to be crazy today and headed out to Disneyland for a few hours this afternoon. I highly recommend attending a theme park if you're feeling good, just to have the tasty food. And I would suggest having DH push you in a wheelchair, so it isn't as tiring (we only made it 3.5 hours before we left).
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Thank you all ladies for your well wishes. I'm much better today, one bag of IV done and one more to go. 
    Actually ate half a sandwich too! Say whoop whoop!

So lovely to live close to a theme park @aanddm2014. I love those. 
    Think you're a trooper for holding out 3,5 hrs. Baby making is hard :smile: 

psssst people it's Friday! Weekend is just around the corner! Have a fabulous day!