Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Hoping for a little encouragement

abuck83abuck83 member
edited April 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hi ladies. Last summer I had a missed mc with no warning signs. We found out when I went in for my NT scan. Well, next Thursday is my NT scan for this pregnancy and it seems like the closer it gets the more freaked out I am.

What makes today's pessimism even worse is I'm having my bday party today. I have chosen to not say anything to our friends so I will be drinking mocktails and trying to have a good time but I'm not sure how I'll make it through the night with this cloud over my head. 

No real question, just hoping for a little support or encouragement to help me get through today and make it to Thursday.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hoping for a little encouragement

• Options
    ALC08ALC08 member
    Hang in there! It's so difficult not knowing what's going on in there!! I had two Mmc i guess technically. The second i was being monitored so we knew it was coming but I still had to wait 3 weeks for my body to recognize it. PGAL is so hard sometimes. I remember how much anxiety i had with the early appointments, and honestly I'm still a little nervous every time (at 37 wks) until they find the HB. Hope you can enjoy the day and relax a little! Good luck and fx for you!!
  • Options
    *hugs*  I feel ya.  My NT was yesterday and that's also where we discovered our mmc last time.  I walked in the door, looked at the geneticist and sonographer and said "This is the anniversary of my mmc so can we skip everything until after I see a heartbeat?"  And they were SO good about it.  That being said, I WAS a mess sitting in the waiting room.  Good luck!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was in the same situation and what helped a little was trying to distract myself in the days before, and trying to remember that it was possible to end up with things going as smoothly as they go for many other women! I knew that the anxiety wouldn't last forever because either way, I would find out by that Thursday. It was such a relief to be shocked that things were actually going fine, and once I saw a bigger fetus and heartbeat I got to even enjoy the scan. Sorry there's no easy way through this but you're definitely not alone, and I hope you have a great experience on Thursday after all this stress!
  • Options
    Just checking in on you. How did things turn out? 
    ***Loss mentioned***
    Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married: 12-15-2012
    TTC: January 2014
    IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
    IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
    IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days
  • Options
    abuck83abuck83 member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for the follow up! NT US showed a highly active bouncing baby measuring right on and with a great heart beat!!! I was so relieved I couldn't help crying! It was like just finding out I was pregnant after how much time I spent trying to protect myself and not get too excited.
  • Options
    CRJones1978CRJones1978 member
    edited April 2016
    I am so excited for you @abuck83

***Loss mentioned***
    Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married: 12-15-2012
    TTC: January 2014
    IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
    IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
    IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days