Potty Training
Options

3 year old-staying dry but withholding urine for hours and poop for days!

I need some advice for my 3 year old daughter. She has been peeing on the toilet or potty chair for months now and I can't remember the last time I had to change a just pee diaper. She will not poop in the toilet w/kid seat or in the potty chair (we have both) and usually hides to do so. For awhile she was actually going and using the toilet on her own without us suggesting it or taking her there at wake up and before bath. Now she gives us a hard time any time we even suggest she use a toilet. She will just hold her urine for hours ( we're talking 6-8 hours during the day). We already ruled out a UTI. She also refuses to poop in the toilet and just hides and does it in her underwear or pull up. She did have food sensitivity related constipation issues, but is on miralax and has no hemorrhoids or fissures anymore. I am just not sure how to proceed. Would you just not even suggest using the toilet to her and remove all perceived pressure about it? Would you keep putting her on the toilet at regular intervals? Should I try to force more liquids into her so she has to pee more often? I feel so judged by others for having an untrained over 3 year old, but I don't want to give her anxiety or anything. Help!

Re: 3 year old-staying dry but withholding urine for hours and poop for days!

• Options
    My daughter did that at daycare. She would hold her urine all day or either have an accident when she couldn't hold it anymore. She and her body just had to get used to peeing/pooping in the toilet. She held her poop at home for a couple of days before it started bothering her. I just distracted her. I let her read a book or play games on the tablet. 
    She still has plenty of time. My daughter is three (turned in Feb) and only just started using the toilet full time within the last 1-2 weeks. Within the last couple of days, she has started to use the bathroom on her own or tell me when she needs to go. Don't force her. I would just keep her in panties. Using diapers or pull ups is going backwards. I would have her try to go at regular intervals. Even if nothing happens, it's okay.
    I used to be against using treats but I resorted to that when it came to using the potty at daycare. Maybe offer a treat after she uses the potty? I would give my daughter stickers, tablet time, gummies, etc.