Trying to Get Pregnant

Success after multiple chemical pregnancies with IVF?

Hey ladies, I'm hoping someone out there has information or inspiration for me. I recently had my second chemical pregnancy from CCS tested normal embryos. We only have 2 left and can't afford to do another retrieval. I'm currently being seen at CCRM which has a great reputation, but wondering if it is worth a consult in reproductive immunology... Dr. thinks it isn't my embryos and is suggesting we move to a gestational carrier after one more try. I would love to carry my own baby if I can. Any suggestions or success stories would be amazing!

About me: 32, husband 33. AMH .5, FSH 6, diminished ovarian reserve, one blocked tube
TTC 2013 1 year
March 2014- natural BFP ending in miscarriage at 6 weeks needed D&C
August 2014- begin seeing CCRM 
December 2014- surgery to remove unknown tissue from uterus, not endometriosis, pathology is normal
Spring 2015- 3 Failed IUIs 
3 IVF retrievals each had about 15 eggs, 10 mature and 1-2 making it to blast.  
December 2015- FET #1 BFP first beta only 26, second beta 25  - Chemical 
March 2015 FET #2 BFP first beta only 27, second beta 30, third beta 33- Chemical

Re: Success after multiple chemical pregnancies with IVF?

• I really don't have any advice for inspiration for you. I really just wanted to say welcome and I'm so sorry for your losses.

You may have more luck asking this on another board. Many of the ladies here are still TTC#1 and as such have either never gotten pregnant or haven't been able to stay pregnant. Either way those stories aren't going to be the most inspirational.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @cahillco there is a success after IF board that may be able to offer you some insight! So sorry for what you're going through.
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited April 2016
    *lurking*

First, I am sorry for your losses. Second, you might want to put a trigger warning up like *TW- losses mentioned* Third, I agree that this board won't lend the most answers as this is a board of women trying to get pregnant and most have never been in your shoes. Success after IF is best but you could also try the 1st trimester board. IF will give you a lot of answers but make sure to follow their rules and always use trigger warnings.
    cahillco said:
    Hey ladies, I'm hoping someone out there has information or inspiration for me. I recently had my second chemical pregnancy from CCS tested normal embryos. We only have 2 left and can't afford to do another retrieval. I'm currently being seen at CCRM which has a great reputation, but wondering if it is worth a consult in reproductive immunology... Dr. thinks it isn't my embryos and is suggesting we move to a gestational carrier after one more try. I would love to carry my own baby if I can. Any suggestions or success stories would be amazing!

But to get to you question. CCRM has one of the best, if not the very best CCS testing labs in the world. They are also constantly ranked amongst the best REs, as you mentioned. I am of the opinion that you should ask for a consult if you need that to proceed forward comfortably. Otherwise, I would seriously consider taking the advice that CCRM is giving you. But you could always get a second opinion. It's a truly personal choice. Fx you have success.

*eta- as much as I know you want to carry on your own, you might also want to consider a gestational carrier right away when you still have 2 embryos because there is no guarantee.