May 2016 Moms

3rd Tri/Labor Impending Symptoms **Updated**

Re: 3rd Tri/Labor Impending Symptoms **Updated**

• swflJDswflJD member
    @swflJD I have had bloody discharge after both of my cervical checks, which my midwife assured me is normal. My question is- how is the bloody show different? Will I know that's what it is or will it just look like this stuff that comes out after my appointments?
    I'm not really sure what the difference is either.  I'm planning to call my OB at some point today to get some clarification.
  • My induction was scheduled yesterday for Monday due to size of baby (I will be 39 weeks).

I'm not dilated at all, so have to have cervadil...ouch, it hurt like a mother trucker with my 1st. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Goodbye mucus plug/bloody show! Anxious to see my progress at my week 39 appointment today. The end is in sight!!!
  • 40 weeks 3 days. Since the weekend, I've never slept so poorly in my life. Combine that with upper and lower back pains, an itchy belly that stays hard for up to hours at a time, general nausea, a runny nose, increased acne, and the need to use the batchroom up to multiple times per hour, and I am just a mess.

Where's the diarrhea and cramping to signal the start of labor?
  • yogahhyogahh member
    @saladflambe is there an update?

cat fail animated GIF

• galaingalain member
    I'm a little worried. I'm 37 weeks pregnant but LO's head is measuring around 9.5cms at my US today. My doctor has scheduled an emergency pelvic scan for next week to make sure she'll pass, but I'm nowhere near being effaced or dilated. I would like to avoid a c-section because I'm on heparin and I can't stop it before the birth. She was breech up until 35 weeks so I felt like I had potentially escaped it until now. Perhaps I'm being unreasonable but I can't help feeling this way.
  • clw617clw617 member
    So are back contractions a thing? I googled it, but just keep getting "back labor." Last night in bed, it was like my entire back just seized up and was so suddenly painful and it stayed that way for I don't know how long. Nothing I could do would make it un-clench. Finally I managed to roll onto my hands and knees and that provided some relief.

It was just so weird because I haven't had any contractions or real issues this whole trimester. And it happened again in the middle of the night. But otherwise I'm fine. This is probably nothing compared to women having BH and early labor contractions all day long, but it just took me by surprise. 
  • Does anyone feel like they have a UTI, even though they have been tested and found to be negative for UTI? I guess it's just all the pressure down south, but holy smokes am I uncomfortable. :(

@clw617
    I don't have any idea, but I assume that was a contraction of some sort. My mom said that she had back labor with me, and she felt all her contractions in her back instead of up front.

• So miserable. The last two nights I haven't been able to fall asleep until 3 am. It just isn't safe for my commute.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • @clw617 I had bad back labor with my first that sounds like what you're describing.  Do you know the baby's position?  Mine was "sunny-side up" and doctor said that's what caused the back labor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @clw617 I've been experiencing the same sort of thing but it's not regular. I've found that sitting up straighter helps along with laying on my side or using a heat pad (on low warmth).
  • clw617clw617 member
    mrstmoose said:
    @clw617 I've been experiencing the same sort of thing but it's not regular. I've found that sitting up straighter helps along with laying on my side or using a heat pad (on low warmth).
    Hm.. good to know! I read it could also be LO descending into the pelvis? At my 36 week appt, he hadn't moved down yet, but maybe he's working his way there. 

Work's just going to have to deal with it if I get down on all fours in the office for a while. It was the only position that felt good while that was going on.
  • jenbkc said:
    Does anyone feel like they have a UTI, even though they have been tested and found to be negative for UTI? I guess it's just all the pressure down south, but holy smokes am I uncomfortable. :(

@clw617 I don't have any idea, but I assume that was a contraction of some sort. My mom said that she had back labor with me, and she felt all her contractions in her back instead of up front.

Yes I get twinges of this UTI feeling, it's awful!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • @jenbkc Yes! I majorly included my daily liquid intake (eg. 16 8oz cups of liquid yesterday), which helped a bit. I added in some Gaterade today, and have been feeling even better.

I seriously don't know where all the liquid is going... I'm not sweating or managing to get out nearly enough pee to account for it!
  • For the last two nights I've been woken up by a very strong contraction. Yesterday they continued for a little over an hour before fading out. Today there was just the one and now I'm so nauseous I can't sleep. Maybe she'll be a morning baby when she decides to actually come.
  • Yesterday evening I was getting some pretty heavy period like cramping. For the most part it was consistent, but sometimes it faded in and out. I had a few uncomfortable contractions (wouldn't call them painful), but they didn't last. Not sure if my body was trying to start some or not, but I'm feeling okay this morning. We'll see how the weekend pans out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know what's worse anymore...having total radio silence for days on any contractions/symptoms beyond the usual misery, or getting excited over an hour of weak contractions that never get closer than fifteen to twenty minutes apart and ultimately do nothing to move me closer to labor. And then more radio silence. :expressionless: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• MercielMerciel member
    I'm not even trying to count the cramps or contractions that I get every night. It's pointless, the timing means nothing. I get cramps and contractions if I go to the bathroom, if I put on pants to take the dogs out, if one of the dogs bumps my stomach, if I roll over the wrong way on the couch... it's been going on long enough that I've completely given up attributing any significance to the timing of these things.

I'll just go to the hospital when my water breaks or the contractions get so strong that I can't walk or talk through them. Or when I get an induction date, which is looking steadily more likely.
  • OB said I'd go into labor at amy time for weeks now. However, since I haven't experienced any false labor in a week, and even then only once for 1 1/2 hours, she's pretty much given up on me naturally going into labor anytime soon. Yay for being induced on Monday at 40W6D!
  • yogahhyogahh member
    12 hours with no epi @h0neyc0mb?! You are amazing mama!! Good luck today!

cat fail animated GIF

• Jenly17Jenly17 member
    Yay @That1didntcount ! Good luck!!
  • My RCS is set for next Monday (23rd). I am wondering if I am going to possible start labor though. I have had 2 prior csections without any labor signs prior. Last night I had actual painful contractions. They were not consistent, though. Definitely worse upon rising, no change with position, etc. I timed them about 8-10 mins apart, lasting about a minute each. So far nothing this am except more lightening crotch and more overall soreness. 
  • @That1didntcount wishing you the best of luck! You got this! 

• Holy shit you guys they're inducing me tonight. We're headed home to get some stuff and have a last meal together and all that, and it's back to the hospital by 5. Holy effing shit. 
    Good luck! You got this! 

• @amberraysofdawn best of luck - baby will be in your arms soon!
  • clbnessclbness member
    @TXmamatobe Good luck tomorrow!

and @amberraysofdawn Holy balls, good luck tonight!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Thanks, guys! We are about to head to the hospital soon so we can avoid the usual afternoon traffic. LO made extra special care to make me miserable these last few hours, so I'm feeling a little less panicked about getting everything started tonight and a little more motivated to go. We'll see how long that lasts when things get going. ;)

Side note: are my eyes deceiving me, or are the ads back? Whyyyyyyyy?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I thought I lost my MP on Sunday. If I wasn't sure then, I definitely know I lost it this morning!