3rd Trimester
Options

30 weeks and having sharp vaginal pain

Hi ladies,

I am a ftm at 30 weeks and since this past Sunday I have been feeling what I can describe as sharp vaginal pains. It almost reminds me of a really strong UTI, but i don't have one. I went for my check up this week and my doctor confirmed that LO is already in head down position. I explained to him the pain i was experiencing and all he said is it could be round ligament pain shooting down to my cervix. 

I just want to know if anyone has been experiencing this as well and what did your doctor tell you? also, when it does happen, its very sporadic and only lasts like .5 seconds then it goes away. and it doesn't happen when I pee. anyone else out there going through this? 

thanks,

Jen 

Re: 30 weeks and having sharp vaginal pain

• Options
    Yup lightning crotch. It's a blast. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A third for lightening crotch. Not fun, sorry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    It only gets worse from here on out!
  • Options
    Another one voting for lightning crotch! From about 30weeks i had it multiple times per day. i started stretching for 15 mins every morning and i noticed it got a bit less, but that could be coincidence. 
  • Options
    Yup me too
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    Poor thing!  I never had it at ALL in my first pregnancy but I've had it nonstop for the past 5 weeks with this one!  I'm three days past my due date at this point & it's getting a lot more intense.

Make sure you sit down when you need to-- once it brought me to my knees, literally!
  • Options
    Lightening crotch, ftw! Yeah, it's awesome. And that's how I describe it too, pain like when I have a UTI but it isn't constant like a UTI. It'll sneak up on ya, so much fun...
  • Options
    thank you all!! it keeps happening more frequent so i am almost used to the pain :( 9 more weeks!!!
  • Options
    I have felt that too.  It feels like I've been horseback riding.  Somebody on another website mentioned symphysis pubis dysfunction (spd).  I am not sure how seriously to take this, but supposedly it could be the culprit of a hormone making your body prepare for birth just a little too early.  Do kegal exercises to help strengthen and be careful about stairs or putting pants on one leg at a time.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that lightning crotch got worse for me once baby dropped...not fun. 
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that lightning crotch got worse for me once baby dropped...not fun. 
    Mine was horrible for about a week, about 3 weeks ago. Then it went away. Came back literally today. I was carrying SUPER high and started dropping about 3/4 weeks ago. Apparently I dropped again bc OMG, my poor crotch :(
  • Options
    Me too.  I'm pregnant with my second so it started earlier for me, like 27ish weeks.  My dr said the only thing that will make it completely go away is to give birth. Sorry you're dealing with this too.
  • Options
    I had never  heard of lightening crotch until I was shopping at target and felt 4x in a row a couple min apart that a lightening bolt was striking my crotch! I went home, drank a glass of water, relaxed the best I could and Googled 'lightening bolt crotch.' Internet said it was perfectly normal. I checked with my midwife and she cofirmed its normal. Pregnancy can be super fun! 
  • Options
    Yup, I've been having the lovely lightning crotch off and on since 25 weeks, and now at 32 weeks, it's all the time. Like, can I just die now? 
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16