TTC After a Loss

TWW Crazies

Anyone else in the TWW dealing with some serious symptom spotting today? I'm 6 DPO and I swear that I just got a sharp headache and sharp pain in my pelvic area. I've been going to bed at 9 pm all week and sleeping 9 hours. My boobs hurt. I had all these symptom when I got pregnant with my loss, so I am definitely knocked up. 

Anyone ne else want to vent about the crazies setting in? 

Re: TWW Crazies

• I'm still early in mine so nothing yet (3DPO), but last cycle it was a different story. I took so many tests and got sucked into the indent and evap lines. Ugh it sucked.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Ugh my TWW starts tomorrow and I'm already dreading it. I drove myself (and I'm sure my DH) crazy last cycle with the testing and symptom spotting. I'm pretty sure I made myself feel all those symptoms. I hate it!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • We were one of the lucky couples who got pregnant on our first try, so now H finds it hard to believe that I'm not pregnant so he's not talking me down when I symptom spot to him. Last month I was devastated when I wasn't KU and cried everyday. Im trying to mentally preparing myself to be devastated again, but I'm just so freaking positive I'm pregnant. I've already started lurking in the PGALboard. What is wrong with me?

@beff12 and &m6agua Fx for BFPs for both of you guys this month!!
  • Can I be crazy even if it's not the TWW yet?
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• I took a HPT at 10dpo and it was a BFN so I don't have high hopes, but I told myself I wouldn't test again until AF was due...she's due to visit tomorrow and I keep symptom spotting like crazy. I don't keep HPTs in the house because I know I would be taking one every day! I will pick one up on the way home from work today and test in the morning if AF hasn't arrived. FX we all get our BFP this month! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • beff12beff12 member
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @chloe97! I hope this month is it for you, too!!

@reneeannemm (it won't let me tag you!) you're definitely allowed to be crazy. I woke up this morning (having ovulated yesterday/today) thinking I should POAS. Craaaazycakes

ETA it did let me tag you. Maybe I really am crazy. 
    :# 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• @reneeannemm I was the same way this month. I peed on OPKs for 2.5 weeks this month bc o was late. Now I'm peeing on cheapie HPTs because it feels weird to wake up in the morning and not pee on something. When I was KU'd with my loss, I got some sort of small glimmer of a line around DPO 9, so I keep thinking that will happen again?? At least I'm managing to save my FRERs for now. I'm thinking I will break those our starting DPO 10. 
  • I will live vicariously through you! I am still WTO. Where are you in your wait?

i have been the total opposite while TTC, it took us so long that I never think I am pregnant and the two times I have been didn't test until around 16 DPO. For me the cycles I actually was pregnant I didn't have any symptoms until around 16 DPO when something would happen and I immediately knew I was pregnant (dizzy, heartburn etc). In fact each time I've been pregnant I had assumed I got my O date wrong and that's why I wasn't having my usual progesterone induced symptoms.

good luck and keep us posted!
  • Eeek! Good luck @chloe97! I am just a few Dpo but I am so.dang.moody. Seems like an odd time in my cycle for that. Felt like I had a few cramps/twinges of pain recently, too.

I have such conflicting feelings about if I get a BFP. I am ready to TTC again but I am not quite ready to begin the pregnancy journey. Since I have had two losses, I know I will be poked and prodded all the more, and my body has been enjoying this time of being left alone and getting in shape. But come what may, we are going for it! 
  • I'm WTO - but last TWW I was chart stalking myself - comparing the current cycle to the cycle I got pregnant... No clue how long my LP is so we wait past when AF is set to arrive. I can't seem to convince DH that we should test earlier than 18 DPO and I think he'd be hurt if I tested without him knowing. Anyone have logical (ideally, scientific) arguments for testing even on 14 DPO?
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @catiecatpMy reason is quite simple- wine. I like it a lot and I want to drink it. But I don't want to drink it when I'm knocked up. Also sushi, herbal tea, deli meats, Brie cheese. The list goes on! I'm pretty good about abstaining most days, but if I know that I'm going to a wedding or at an all-inclusive resort, I want to know that if I decide to drink that I'm not pregnant at this time. That's my reasoning for POASing like a crazy person.
  • I have never been in a place where was I was feeling so sure, so even though you feel crazy I am a tad envious that you know your body that well!! Fingers crossed this is it!!
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Ha @megsbrock I should've noted the sarcasm in my post. I actually feel like I could be, but I probably had the same symptoms every other month I wasn't trying and never noted them!!
  • Ftr, with all 3 of my pregnancies, at 6 dpo, I always felt implantation. Fingers crossed for you. 
  • The cycle I got pregnant, I had crazy insomnia.  Waking up at 4am everyday, unable to go back to sleep.  Last cycle I had the same thing, and we were TTA.  I spent a decent amount of time wondering if somehow I had gotten the timing all wrong and we had somehow had unprotected sex in my fertile window, even though I knew we hadn't.  Turns out I wasn't pregnant (unsurprisingly) but it totally messed with my mind, so I can definitely understand where you're coming from.  

This cycle, I have watery CM about 1.5 weeks earlier than usual.  My body is losing it.  
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    edited March 2016
    @ThePax89 Thanks for encouraging the crazies!! Honestly, I'm feeling so optimistic right now and am feeling really happy for the first time in awhile, so I'm just going ride this crazy train out. It's gonna be what it will be no matter what. 

@penelope4612 I feel you. Our benched cycle I was symptom spotting too. It's hard to shut the TTC part of your brain off when you're tracking ovulation.

Thanks for indulging me everyone. The TWW is nutso! I hope I'm not back a week from now with the "Aunt Flo Woes"!
  • I don't want to test until 14 DPO, and that isn't until a week from tomorrow. I'm going to find ways to occupy my time until then!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• FX @chloe97! I was totally symptom spotting this month, even though I wasn't even sure I had O'd. So hard to avoid it! 
  • Last month I SWORE I was KU due to all the nausea that pretty much never let up after O. I never feel like that unless I'm motion sick, KU, or taking HBCs (over a decade ago), or have a stomach flu.

Turns out it coincided to the day with my increasing my folic acid. The #1 side effect of higher folic acid doses? Nausea. *facepalm* 

This cycle after H passed his home count SA, we resolved to do the crazy sex schedule that got us the last THB. Ended up with -5, -4, -3, 2(-2), 2(-1), 2(O) Timing obviously is not the reason for failure this month. It can't be. So barring something wrong, I feel like there isn't a legit reason for the stars to not align this month. "Perfectly healthy (over 35yo) couple can take up to 6 months to conceive..." I know. My beautiful chart with implant dip and 3 triphasic temps prior to today's crash REALLY had me hopeful. The squinter I had yesterday had me beyond excited. I never had indents on Wondfos before yesterday. No darkening today, BFN. I'm nearly paralyzed with anxiety and the waiting either way is killing me. Literally had this exchange with H today via text:

• I'm so sorry @GhanimaAtreidesswore I was pregnant this time too. BFN at 10 DPO complete with FRER indent to encourage the crazy in me. I'm actually starting to wonder if AF may be making her way tomorrow, which would give me an 11 day LP. 

• The TWW board on TTC certainly doesn't help today. So many people with BFPs. I can't quite feel excited for them when feeling down.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hey all! I am reviving this thread! I know some of these ladies ^^^ had BFP las time a round, so they were NOT BSC, lol! 

ROUND 2 (@silentP, @catiecatp @BornReady
    *please tag others)

How about you cycle buddies? Anyone else symptom spotting. I am BSC because I keep trying to find explanations for certain symptoms, they probably happen normally throughout my day, I just never paid attend to them. I.E. Heightened smell, little cramps here and there, oily skin, AND I got a Brazilian wax yesterday and it hurt like a mother...(never before that bad!). Like a psycho, I tried googling pain and hormones, pain and TWW and didn't find much. I realized that at 8DPO I am BSC!!!!!

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ******dirty lurking/siggy warning*******

Yes! I just want to say for the record, I wasn't BSC!! I got my BFP on 3/8. Fx for the rest of you in the TWW that you get your BFPs soon!!
  • Hi @chloe97! Yes, that's why I revived it. Hopefully we can join you soon ☺️

• roper2617roper2617 member
    edited March 2016
    @klauerinaking going BSC over here! I'm really really going to try to wait until 13 DPO to test. Currently 8DPO too. Feeling nauseated, gassy, headaches, heartburn, hella painful lightning crotch type pains (Um is that even possible right now?!?). Oh man, every symptom I swear I've had. Yesterday I even became so nauseated I started gaging. Keep trying to remind myself that progesterone can be a heck of a hormone sometimes. 
    Also, I wonder if daylight savings has to do with my symptoms that feel more exaggerated than usual. 

Edited to to add the daylight savings stuff
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• I *should* be 6 DPO but FF just took away my crosshairs (grrr).  Here is my SS for the day (TMI alert) - I had blood tinged CM and am totally like IMPLANTATION BLEED.  Except it was 5 DPO (which seems to be a bit early for implantation) and I'm pretty sure this has happened before on other cycles when I wasn't trying and I've just ignored it.  And perhaps I am not even 5 DPO so who knows.
  • I think spotting would be just enough to push me over the edge at this point lol I'd be peeing on everything until DH decided enough was as enough and stopped my spending $$$ on tests lol (it's happened before). 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @roper2617, I had that crotch pain too, it didn't complement well with my wax lol! Hopefully these are good signs

• @penelope4612 was it because of a temp lower than cover line? I had that happen a few times, but the spotting during this timeframe seems like a great sign!

FX for all of us!

• penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited March 2016
    @klauerinaking - No, I'm pretty sure it's because my temp rose twice - FF was predicting CD19 as O date because CD20-22 I had 3 above coverline temps, but then CD23-25 I had 3 even higher temps with an even bigger temp jump, so now I think it doesn't know if I O'ed CD19 or CD22.  I still predict CD19 (I usually O between CD18-20 and had a positive ovulation test on CD17 and negatives on CD19, 20, and 21, and also I O'ed right at daylight savings so as my body adjusted it probably thinks I was temping an hour earlier than usual for those first few days, which might be why the temps were lower) but who knows.

Fx for you too!
  • I spotted yesterday and already today - I usually have spotting the day before AF so I feel a bit anxious - I'm praying that this doesn't turn into AF today. Then bring on the crazy! Right now I've got a bit of an ache on my right side, which is the side I think I had ovulation pain on (well I know that is the side I had pain on, I'm not sure it was ovulation pain). No other symptoms that are red flags though - sore boobs are par for the course...

If it does turn into AF I don't know what I'll do - the first LP after my MC was 6 days but I was able to ignore that because it was the first cycle. Second cycle was 10 - this one would be 7. My GP is lovely but I think I'd have to wait at least another abnormal cycle before something would be done about it - there IS something they can do about a short LP, right? I feel like I read something in TCOYF. I warned DH last night that I'd either be really sad today (if AF comes) or BSC for the rest of the week. 

FF says to test on Tuesday (10DPO) but that is too early in my books - we'd wait at least until next Saturday. But if AF doesn't come I feel like yesterday and today's spotting are pretty strong signals that a BFP may be on the horizon. Our timing is always pretty good - but this month my CM lined up with my temperature shift for the first time since the MC so I've been hopeful and yet scared to be hopeful...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• ---TW-- relating to someone else's BFP

@chloe97 - your due date is the day I became a first time aunt to the most beautiful and sensitive niece - she is like a sister to me now (we're 8 years apart, my siblings are all at least 15 years older than I am). I'm not overly superstitious but I like that you have a "good" EDD

Pregnancy Ticker

• @catiecatp - I think your doctor can test your progesterone levels and give you progesterone supplements if they are low and that is leading to your short LP.  I've also read that people sometimes supplement with Vitex or Vitamin B6 and that helps lengthen your LP, but it might be better to ask your doctor.  I'm always skeptical of random supplements (ie, Vitex) and my prenatal already has a ton of Vitamin B6 (maybe check yours?), but you never know.  

• -----TW mentioned someone's BFP--------

@catiecatp , yes I agree with Penelope, my BFF had infertility struggles related to short luteal phases, she was put on a progesterone regimen after ovulation I believe. After 2-3 cycles she recently got her BFP.

• Hello my TWW friends! I go through a cycle during my TWW of having moments of being very hopeful/being sure I'm pregnant and alternatively dread that it's another failed cycle. It is quite the ride! I had been very hopeful the last few days, but today 8 or 9 DPO I'm feeling kind of resigned to going onto another month. We shall see soon enough I supposed!

@catiecatp I struggled with a short LP post-loss too. I had my longest LP just last cycle. I had taken some B6 to hopefully lengthen, but who knows if it was that or just time that did the trick. When I bought up the issue with my OBGYN he tended to not buy the whole LP defect idea/treat with progesterone, even though I questioned my levels. His feeling was that a short LP had more to do with egg quality, than a progesterone issue. He did run my progesterone levels at 7 DPO which came back in the normal "yes you ovulated" range.I"ll still request my levels though in early pregnancy if I get pregnant again. Anyways, it couldn't hurt to bring it up to you GP to see if they recommend waiting etc. Hopefully this is your month though and you never have to pursue it! FX
  • Also have been symptom spotting for a few days, since 6 DPO  Currently on 10DPO, but trying to hold out testing until AF is due.  Don't have any tests in the house so that I'm not tempted to use them.  

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• Yes! The Tww is torture for me this month. Only 7DPO but started having crazy pregnancy like dreams a couple days ago. Keep dreaming I'm pregnant too which doesn't help the anxiety to want to take a pregnancy test now even though I know it will be negative. Anyone else with crazy dreams? 
  • Oh my god, I can't stop staring at my chart. Pre-loss, I'd just plug it in and move on with my day. I've been looking and checking for almost two hours now. It's not going to tell me anything; I think I just ovulated yesterday.  :|
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!