Dads & Dads-to-be

Any 40+ fathering?

Would love to hear anything from fathers or their spouses who've fathered children in and beyond their 40's.
-----
TW: Loss
EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

Re: Any 40+ fathering?

• Our youngest is 5 mths and my husband is 43 yrs old. We also have a 6 yr old and 4 yr old.

DH seems to be doing ok. Was there something imparticular you wanted feedback or thoughts on?
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• mjolkmjolk member
    just reassurance maybe. worried about the people who say that is too old to have a baby, or that it is unfair to the child to have an older dad. :(
    I'm in my 20s and SO is in his 40s.
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Loading the player...
  • I say who cares what anybody says? My FIL has a son the same age as my SS! And as a parent, he is great and nobody has a thing to say about his age.
  • I don't see why it would be unfair to have an older Dad. My parents were 40 when they had me, and I didn't suffer any. Yes bad things could happen to your health, but that could happen anytime...and choosing to run around and be involved with your kid, is a choice. Plenty of 20 yr olds sit on their butt while their kids play without them.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• When I was born my dad turned 42 that same year. He was in good physical shape, always involved in things and was my coach for soccer and softball. 
    My H is 15 years older than me and is in his 40's. This is the first child for us and the only thing he is concerned about is not knowing what to do. Age is just a number.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mjolk ummm.... the older you get, the harder it is?

:D

I have a two week old at 39 (40 in a few months).  Its been interesting especially as I dont drink coffee