LGBT Parenting

Traveling with LO

Does anyone have advice or tips on flying or traveling with baby for the first time? 
Me~35 Wife~32
Together 6 years
Married 2014
TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
11/5-ER
11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

Re: Traveling with LO

• Following. I am barely getting to take our LO to the mall and half the time we pray he doesn't cry, lol. How old is your LO and when do you fly? My BMB has a good thread on traveling with an infant I thought was useful. It's on D15. :)
  • retropetroretropetro member
    edited March 2016
    No experience with my own yet, but I have flown quite a bit with my nieces in tow! 

-Lots and LOTS of entertainment.  Like complete overkill.  Coloring books, picture books, smaller toys,  as large a variety of snacks as you can come up with. 
    -Don't try and make them sit immobile for the entire flight.  Make a plan to get up and walk the length of the plane every 45 minutes or so. 
    -Something they enjoy chewing on will help reduce crying spells with the pressure change.  My oldest niece and I used to play a game for the first 10 minutes of flights, where we would see who could make the best monkey face.  The pressure to blow up their cheeks also helped to pop their ears.  Plus (she's 14 now) the first thing she does when she sees me is make a monkey face. :smile: 

• Loading the player...
  • FSBCFSBC member
    @angelicac06 We went to Cali last Thursday for the weekend. Out LO is 7mo; he was great on the way there and a little irritable coming back. Walking the plane every now and then helped some. I forgot to bring a devise with his favorite video's. We don't let him watch often so I think that would have helped a lot. 
    Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• We just did this with our 6 week old. Footie pjs made the diaper changes easier. Swaddle blanket helped too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020