Formula Feeding
Options

Changing to European Organic Formulas (HiPP, Holle and Lebenswert)

Hello, I switched my 8 week old to Gentlease by Enfamil which did help with the gas and fussiness after drinking regular Enfamil. However after tasting Gentlease myself and reviewing the ingredients I decided to try an organic formula. Main ingredient in Gentlease was fructose corn syrup and other questionable ingredients. After researching, Holle Lebenswert seemed to be the best option. From what I read it would also be easily digestible. 

Thus far we have been on the new formula  (Lebenswert) for 24 hours. My 8 week old has resorted back to lots of fussiness, gas and more frequent spit-ups. Has anyone switched formulas this early? Did you have similar symptoms after the switch? Did the fussiness, gas or increased spit-up eventually go away? If so, how long did it take for things to get back to "normal". 

Re: Changing to European Organic Formulas (HiPP, Holle and Lebenswert)

• Options
    How often are you switching formulas? You shouldn't switch too fast or two often. I have heard that it can take a couple of weeks of adjustment. I would consult your pediatrician before switching to be honest.

I only had to switch twice. I stuck with the same brand and noticed a difference in my daughter in a few days. How is the spit up? Is he fussy afterwards? Some babies are also just happy spitters so if he isn't fussy or in pain, I wouldn't worry about the the spit up. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the reply. We did ask the pediatrician to look into the formula we decided on before the switch. She didn't have any concerns but good idea to keep her updated. The good news is that today (day 2) was MUCH better. No fussiness at all, very little spit-up and napped better today than she ever has. However, I am concerned because we didn't have a bowel movement today. I'm hoping that her regular bowel movements will soon return and this is just part of the adjustment period. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, I just realized I have two profiles on here. I'm the same as TishRenae. My daughter is 10 weeks old. This is our second switch and hopefully the last. I started BF immediately but supplemented since week one due to numerous issues. I supplemented with what the hospital provided (Enfamil). She was very fussy and spitting up quite a bit (it really bothered her) so we tried Gentelease. I'm hoping the switch to an organic formula is the LAST change. If bowels don't start moving I guess we will have to go back to Gentlease