Postpartum Depression
Options

Part of me is missing

I had my baby boy about a week ago and since then I feel like a part of me is missing, like I lost something. I always complained about how uncomfortable I was during the pregnancy but the day after I had him I just cried and cried because I wanted him to be back in my belly. It's gotten a little better but it sucks. I love him to pieces and constantly stare at him but I still feel at loss.

Re: Part of me is missing

• Options
    Sami6277 said:
    I had my baby boy about a week ago and since then I feel like a part of me is missing, like I lost something. I always complained about how uncomfortable I was during the pregnancy but the day after I had him I just cried and cried because I wanted him to be back in my belly. It's gotten a little better but it sucks. I love him to pieces and constantly stare at him but I still feel at loss.
     I posted a new topic on here "Is this PPD?" where I am experiencing the same thing. I hated pregnancy but I feel like I am not done with having children. Not sure if you are experiencing wanting more children or just wanting your DS back inside you, but know that you are not alone. I am talking to my doctor about it tomorrow. I feel great being a mom, but just missing feeling those kicks.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options

It really is normal to have these feelings in the first few weeks after giving birth. Sounds like the "baby blues" which is very, very common. You just went through a life altering event, your body is messed up, your hormones are out of control and your life has been changed forever. That's a little scary.

If this doesn't improve or you find yourself unable to get through the day and function then talk to your doctor. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I guess you're right. 9 months in the womb you start getting used to a different lifestyle. 

Its not getting any better for me. I found myself in tears about it today. Will post an update tomorrow.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013