March 2015 Moms

Changing the way she goes to sleep

Ok I know babies shouldn't go to bed with a bottle and it use to not be like that I'm just not sure when it started. My daughter doesn't go to sleep at night with a bottle and most naps she has to have a bottle. Sometimes she'll be very sleepy and take a bottle but will keep herself awake so I find another to get her to sleep. I want to break this habit but I seem to be the only one willing to do this. How can I break her from this habit? I refuse to do the cry it out so please don't say that.

Re: Changing the way she goes to sleep

• A few options:
    Try getting her very drowsy with the bottle until she's very slowly sucking or stopped for like 5 seconds and then put her down with out it and if she cries wait a little bit them put it back in until she slows or stops for a few seconds again and keep trying this until she stops.  

As she gets very drowsy switch for a pacifier

Give her her last milk bottle then brush her teeth and then give her a water bottle or diluted bottle that you slowly make more water.  The idea here is that she'll eventually not want it because its just water and she'll fall asleep better.

• @Clobert she won't take a pacifier, she gave it up at 3 months old. I will try that option. I've tried diluting her milk but I'm the only one that's on board with getting her to stop so it makes it harder to get her to do this stuff