Food & Nutrition

Early teething food

My DD started teething really early. Her first tooth popped the day after she turned 3 months. Now she is 7 months and about to get her 7th and 8th tooth. My problem is food. She has teeth so I feel she could handle some foods, but she is young and I'm not sure her digestion could handle it. I don't want to rush her. I give her cereal, food purees, banana chunks, and puffs. I'm stuck on what other food I can give her without rushing  her. I was thinking about giving her boiled vegetables, but honestly my DH and I are kind of bad about keeping veggies in the house. Please suggestions! 

Re: Early teething food

• Veggies are a great idea. You should GET good about keeping them in the house because you should ALL be eating them :)

Buy some fresh ones each week and steam them. My kids always loved broccoli as babies. Or try avocado.

• Peel and chop fresh carrots and steam them until they're soft enough to mash with a fork. she can pick them up with her hands and eat them. Baked sweet potatoes mashed with breastmilk or formula are good. Zucchini and yellow squash are in season and good chopped and steamed too. Even though she has teeth avoid choking hazard foods like grapes and hot dogs.
  • Loading the player...
  • We found that avocado was a big hit at that age. I also second steamed sweet potatoes and zucchini. I would bake or steam apple slices until they were mushy and let him gnaw on those.
  • I also hate the fact that she can't eat all of the food. So if I give her a banana, she'd eat part but I'm stuck with not knowing to do with the rest. So far I've eaten the rest, but some days I'd rather have something else. lol. Like I stated before, my husband and I are very bad at keeping fruit and vegetables in the house. Any suggestions?
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited February 2016
    AKOL0 said:
    I also hate the fact that she can't eat all of the food. So if I give her a banana, she'd eat part but I'm stuck with not knowing to do with the rest. So far I've eaten the rest, but some days I'd rather have something else. lol. Like I stated before, my husband and I are very bad at keeping fruit and vegetables in the house. Any suggestions?
    I think you just need to get better at keeping fruits and vegetables in the house. And if you lo doesn't eat the whole banana, put it in the fridge until tomorrow. (i actually just eat it, I like bananas) 

We like:
    - soft peaches and pears
    - steamed sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, squash (often we can buy veggies frozen)
    - toast pieces
    - smoothies...yogurt with pretty much any fruit or veggie. He really like pears and peas. 
    - blackberries 
    - very tender chicken
    - salmon 
    - hard boiled egg (at first just the yolks, now everything after about 8 mos) 
    - pasteurized cheese (after about 8 mos)

After six months I pretty much fed my lo anything he could handle. His digestion was mature enough. I waited on cows milk until 1 and major allergens like peanut butter. My pediatrician was more conservative, recommended waiting on any dairy until 8 mos. 
    BabyFruit Ticker