Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sex!

Ok so I wasn't sure where to post this. My baby (#2) is 9 months old. I had a successful VBAC, no vaginal tearing at all, just a little labial tearing. I've exclusively breastfed her, adding solids a couple months ago. Sex still hurts and I have zero desire :-( I try to get into it and I actually do a little during foreplay... until penetration. It feels like my vaginal walls are scratched... if that makes sense. My husband is amazing and patient but we are both ready to get busy!!
I had issues after baby #1, but they were different (c-section)... muscles were so tight (from pregnancy) that sex was not just painful but nearly impossible. Had PT to resolve the issue. I think this is more run of the mill sex after baby sucks, so I'm hoping for some advice. Can't imagine what sex would be like if I actually did tear?!?! 
Also is there a better board to post this?  There should be a sex board, right??

Re: Sex!

• Options
    Have you asked your doctor about this? I've had 2 vaginal births, tore badly the first time and not so bad the second time but sex stopped hurting after the first couple times. Perhaps something else is going on??
  • Options
    NickiochNickioch member
    edited February 2016
    Ugh I feel ya. 10 months here same boat. This is my first baby, natural birth, had some tearing but nothing extreme. Have tried several times but it feels like the inside of my vagina is being ripped apart. Foreplay is finally kind if beginning again, and the desire slowly returning (let's hear it for our saints of husbands!!). Went to the dr a month or so ago to see what's up down there she said everything is fine. Dry/lack of estrogen from breastfeeding and a muscle that seemed tight. Referred me to a physical therapist which I start tomorrow, and some estrogen cream to apply which has seemed to help over the past couple weeks. I'm nervous about the PT but whatever helps I guess, and it'll strengthen the muscles again for if we have another. Maybe ask your doc about PT? Good luck, you're not alone! It's a lousy feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I think my body needs more practice... its embarrassing but we've probably only done it (or tried) about 6 times since her birth. I'm definitely going to go to my midwife to get checked out if it doesn't get resolved soon. Funny, last time I waited about 9 months to get checked out and I kicked myself for waiting so long. And here I am again! I'm just really hoping to avoid PT because now with 2 kids, I don't know how I'll have time. 
    But the PT really helped me tremendously and wasn't as awkward like I thought it would be, so that is fantastic that you are starting soon. Good luck! 
    and p.s. yay for amazingly supportive husbands!!
  • Options
    After I stopped BFing, sex got way better. Could be related to your hormones! I was super dry while BFing - so dry that lube didn't even seem to cut it. Plus, if you're anticipating that it's going to be painful that's definitely not going to be helping the situation!