September 2015 Moms

WTF Wednesday

It's been awhile since we had one of these, so I thought I would start one off.

Lately I have been working out regularly and making an effort to eat better. I haven't lost much on the scale but I feel better about my body in general. DH even made a comment my tummy was getting tighter (he never comments good or bad.) Anyways, we had a bunch of huge family events over the weekend. I was feeling confident on Saturday and wore a form fitted shirt and skinny jeans. Well my FIL tells me that I am getting a "tummy pudge" infront of like 20 family members. Dude, I just had a baby! He said "yeah but that was months ago". MIL was mortified he said that to me. He says stuff like that to everyone so I tried to take it with a grain of salt. But I'm still a little upset by it...

What's your WTF moment?

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Ugh that sucks!!! I would be so mad! My 3 yo told me ysday I had a big belly :|. I'm like "honey, that's not nice to say to people" lol. I wanted to cry so bad! 

My wtf is... WTF to the couple sitting in the dr office waiting room blaring their YouTube on their phone. So far we've heard every cuss word in the book, "eye of the tiger" and now some lady screaming at the top of her lungs. And I'm sitting next to a garbage can that has those GROSS scented garbage bags that's making me sick! I just want to leave. Thankfully it's me and my dad and my kids aren't here. I would have seriously said something. 
  • Wow, beyond rude. I wish your MIL would have put him in his place in front of everyone. 

My wtf Wednesday is to all the rude people at grocery stores!!! Three times now I have had punks bash their cart into my cart THAT HAS MY INFANT IN IT!!! I almost got in a fist fight with this rude lady who was riding in a cart acting like she was 2 years old, and bashed into my cart carring my LO. Then she was rude to us when we said to knock it off and grow the F up! Blaming it on her friend. Dude, you were the one in the cart asking to be pushed. She proceeded to call me every name in the book and I counted to ten very loudly and walked away. I have never wanted to knock someone out so bad, ever. That's not like me but hurt my baby and you won't want me to come over there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I ordered a dress that is in transit through FedEx.  It was picked up Friday evening in CA and wasn't supposed to be delivered until next Tuesday (16th), which I thought was a little ridiculous, but whatever.  It arrived in Alabama Sunday evening and wasn't scanned again until yesterday at 7:45 pm in Charlotte.  It was almost 48 hours!  How long does it take to get from Alabama to Charlotte?!  Seriously....

When I called, before the update, to find out why it hadn't been scanned in so long, they said that they couldn't tell me anything because it is a SmartPost package that goes through USPS eventually.  FedEx was only the carriers.  What?  You're still the carrier, so shouldn't you know where your packages are?  Since it was after 5pm, they had no info, so I would have to call back before 5pm (it's not like I have a job...) to find out what was going on.  I asked to speak to supervisor just to see if there was anything else that could be done about finding my package at that time and they said there was no one over that department at FedEx.  WHAT?!  I'd have to speak to someone at USPS.  It didn't make any sense to me, and still doesn't truthfully.  Maybe I'm just not grasping the concept, but it's still a division of FedEx.  Whatever.  The package is finally in Charlotte and on it's way up the mountain, so that's good enough for me now.  Just made no sense during the conversation.

@LoveLee85  You're a better person than I am.  I think I would have punched her right then and there.  Or at least tried to turn the cart over so she could get out and act like an adult...lol
  • My sitter just told me that her husband doesn't want her to babysit anymore. They aren't making anything and it's too stressful. Mind you, she makes up to $1500 a week depending on who all is there so whatever. Now I have til 3/4 to find a new sitter. Fucking awesome. 
  • My DD fell asleep at 7 and I'm still awake.  I can't sleep!  Maybe it's because my birthday is tomorrow and Grey's Anatomy will be back on and I'm so excited?  I can't stop doing laundry!  Wtf!  I have work tomorrow.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My wtf is to myself. I went to moms group today and when I do I go to both morning and afternoon session. I'm an EP momma and pumped during morning group but skipped afternoon cuz I figured I was 20 minutes from home and could wait an hour longer than normal. Welllllll the bus ride home was misery. My son needed a nap and usually sleeps in the carrier just fine but the bus driver kept announcing every single stop over the speaker SO LOUDLY and it kept waking him up. It was over crowded and we had to stand. When we finally got home I just lost it. I set my son down and started setting up my pump while bawling. My boyfriend woke up (he's on grave) all freaked out that something was wrong. Nope. Just slightly overwhelmed and crying out of nowhere lol. I thought these hormones had settled down at 5 months pp but apparently not!
  • Bognes said:
    WTF Wednesday--My baby. She explosively diarrheaed on me today. Literally shot diarrhea out of her ass onto my goddamn body. I almost died. I think I did die. I'm dead. Yuk. 
    Omg! I saw that in a movie once and said I'd never have kids. I know it's going to happen to me and am fearful lol. 
    Sorry she's sick :-/
  • So I was walking my dogs and had my baby in the stroller. A neighbor was driving by and stopped her car to tell me my baby's head is "unusually large."
    I'm a big advocate of sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. 
    However- now I'm a mom and need to protect my kids. It has me up- unable to sleep, playing out scenarios of what I should have said or done. 
    I froze, said "ok" and walked away. She drove off. 

• So I was walking my dogs and had my baby in the stroller. A neighbor was driving by and stopped her car to tell me my baby's head is "unusually large."
    I'm a big advocate of sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. 
    However- now I'm a mom and need to protect my kids. It has me up- unable to sleep, playing out scenarios of what I should have said or done. 

Not cool. I'm sure she will say something dumb again. They are usually repeat offenders. So you will have your chance to completely destroy her world verbally. I would be the same way, constantly replaying the event and what i should have said. She sounds like a complete asshole. Don't sweat her jealousy. 
  • Bognes said:
    WTF Wednesday--My baby. She explosively diarrheaed on me today. Literally shot diarrhea out of her ass onto my goddamn body. I almost died. I think I did die. I'm dead. Yuk. 
    Omg! I saw that in a movie once and said I'd never have kids. I know it's going to happen to me and am fearful lol. 
    Sorry she's sick :-/
    Aww! Poor you and baby :( I had the opposite the other night, I literally had to help my daughter push her poop out using a wipe because she was so, so constipated. Broke my heart! It was like adult poop hard lol. The things we do for our kids....lol!!!

what a rude lady. People are insane. 
  • Oh, I have another one.  

So we took LO to the basketball game at the school we teach at a couple of weeka ago.  My husband was holding her and we were standing close to the ticket table as we were talking to other faculty members so people were seeing LO as they were coming in.  There were a few people that came in who were like, Oh what a cute baby, how sweet, things like that.  Well, about three people asked' "How old is he?"or "What is his name?"  Problem is....LO is a girl....

She had on a black and white striped Mickey onesie, black ruffle-butt pants, and a Cinderella bib, which was clearly visible.  I was like....really?  When one asked how old he was, I said, "She is 4.5 months". Didn't put an emphasis on she or anything, just said it and the lady said, "Oh, it's a girl!  I thought it was a boy because of the way it was dressed in those stripes"  Really?  So, my girl can't wear black and white stripes?  

Some people....
  • My WTF Wednesday goes to my blood pressure. I was at the GYN getting my mirena placement checked when she checks my blood pressure: 190/104. WHAT???? I had to go straight to my GP (it was either him or the hospital, she said) to get evaluated and get blood pressure medicine. Stupid body, trying to kill me. 
  • I'm late but mine did happen on weds.  WTF to one of my dogs.  She woke me up at 1045 whining to go outside.  Apparently she just wanted some fresh (8 degree) air because she stood on the patio staring at me and wouldn't come back in.  I had to get my shoes and jacket on and chase her around the yard.  Any non child related wake up at this point is killer!  

@CEW225 this used to happen to me all the time with DS1.  People always thought he was a girl despite his boy clothes.  Would crack me up.

• @CEW225 I dress my son in lots of gray, red, orange, white and black stuff. Not gender neutral stuff, just boy stuff. Nothing ever pink or purple. People are nonstop saying: your little girl is so beautiful!! I say, thanks he's a boy. Lol. I guess since he's a boy I should be dressing him in only blue sports things?! Seems obvious he's a boy to me, but who knows. Lol. 

@troopersmomMy sister said someone commented on her sons "huge head" and her reply was "yeah you should see my vagina!" Shut them right up. I will be using that one if I'm ever in the situation 

• @BrandiLaw87 omg I have a similar story with my FIL. Mind you this is 1.5 weeks after having my baby. My FIL made some comment to my DH that insinuated he needed to lose weight - mind you he's not fat but doesn't have a six pack - and so I looked at DH and he looked at me and we smiled and laughed because we both got the subtle message. And my FIL saw me and says to me "Hold on there why are you laughing Santa belly?" I swear I laughingly snapped back "um I just had a baby - your granddaughter - a little over a week ago!" I was so pissed but tried not to show it but had to get up and walk away. It was meant innocently but my FIL can say some stupid shit sometimes and we all just have to laugh. I got over it and he is a great FIL but DH and I laugh to this day over it. I will say though my FIL is great about telling me how good I look and how much weight I've lost when I do see him. Just crazy how older people have no filter!! 
  • We are finishing our basement with the help of our dads (both are contractors) and my inlaws are currently here doing some framing. They live about 45 minutes away out in the country. I am so grateful to all of them for doing this because we can't afford to hire a crew to do it. 

My WTF:
    why can you not wipe your f-ing feet when you enter my home?!?! Are you planning to sweep and mop my wood floors before you leave?!?! Do you think I have the time or the energy to do this?!?! 

Yes. We have 2 older children in the house who do their fair share of bringing in dirt and rocks from the outdoors. But you are grown-ass adults. Wipe your feet. 

Also, they brought their dog. We don't have a fenced yard. And we have a kitten...who just tried to kill the cat.