April 2015 Moms
Options

Help!!! Learning to walk foot rolling inward

kboesenbergkboesenberg member
edited February 2016 in April 2015 Moms
hi! I'm a first time mom and I'm kind of freaking... My son is almost 10 months old he has been scoot/crawling for a while  he has now started pulling himself up on everything, "bear crawling", he can walk behind a walker on carpet and walks while holding my hand. The problem is that my sons foot keeps rolling inward like his whole foot from the ankle and he walks on his tip toes... Of course I started googling and pictures of club foot came up or talipes equinovarus .... Has anyone had experience with this? His foot looks normal if he is just laying down. I don't know if it is a normal part of development or not. I attached a picture so you can kind of see what I'm talking about. 

Re: Help!!! Learning to walk foot rolling inward

• Options
    kboesenbergkboesenberg member
    edited February 2016
    Here's one more picture of him on his back rolling foot inward 
  • Options
    My son does this too. I'm not too worried about it yet. When he's trying to pull himself up I usually just turn it to the correct position. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is really normal and very common. Nothing at all to worry about. Let your doctor know at your next appointment and he/she can advise you about red flags to watch for in the future and reassure you about your fears. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson