TTC After a Loss

Asherman's Syndrome...is this even possible?

Hi all! We are TTC after a natural miscarriage in August with no D&C. I had one regular period after so my OB didn't seem concerned. However, my periods have ceased to exist so after Christmas I called and got an appt. the first week of January. After running a ton of blood work they discovered that I have hypothyroid...which they told me could have been the cause of my miscarriage. They put me on medication and referred me to an endocrinologist. I am coming up on my appt. with the endocrinologist and I got a phone call yesterday from my OB's physician assistant. She told me that after reviewing my case further they are concerned that I may have Asherman's Syndrome and they wanted me to start prometrium immediately to try and force a period. I had heard of Asherman's a month earlier in her office when they made a point to mention that it was NOT Asherman's because I haven't had a D&C. When she called yesterday she didn't explain anything about Asherman's and told me that I could research it to find out more. Now I am freaking out because from what I have read the outlook on having a biological child after Asherman's isn't great. Has anyone else had any experience with this that they'd be willing to share?

Best Answer