2nd Trimester
Options

Acne, backne, ad everything in between

Anyone else breaking out ALOT more then normal. Any tips or am I just in for a long run of middle school and high school  flashbacks 

Re: Acne, backne, ad everything in between

• Options
    Welcome to 2nd tri!! My face (specifically my chin) got sooooo bad the first few weeks it was ridiculous!!! And now I have a rash from a new lotion I bought, so I gotcha ;) 

I use clean and clear face wash, oil free though, and the clearasil daily face wipes/pads. My skin is oily for the most part but I also have a couple dry spots on my cheeks, so those things work for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yup! It's all over and nothing gets rid of it for me. I've tried a variety of washes with each pregnancy. This one has been the worst so far. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I tried everything to get rid of it.. Unfortunately I had to just wait it out.. I'm 27 weeks and mine has cleared a lot since 25 weeks
  • Options
    I've been breaking out on the top and sides of my belly... not horrible. . But annoying. . It was my chest last month tho. . Ahhhh.. gotta love hormones!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll do a quick plug for something that's finally working for me. I swear I don't work for this company ;) I bought an Erisonic (half the price of a Clarisonic) on Amazon. It's one of those rotating electronic face cleaning brushes. I use it in conjunction with Belli acne face wash which is specifically for pregnant women.

I had the Belli face wash before and using it alone wasn't really helping. I was extra oily and breaking out all over my chin and jawline and around my mouth.

I got the Erisonic brush about two weeks ago and have used it every night, and my face has completely cleared up. I also use it on my chest in the shower. And my skin feels softer. I still have some acne scars but they'll fade eventually...

https://www.amazon.com/Erisonic-Intensity-Rechargeable-Professional-Cleansing/dp/B00E9BR5JA
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    Mine was bad but I started using my acne cream again and it's all better thank god. I use finacea and its category b so I don't mind using it once a day.
    Im still not allowed to use my aczone or Ret-a again but at least the one cream chilled it out a bit. 
  • Options
    Belli has been working for me. My breakouts were more like build up not the watery/pussy kind. I did the occasional face scrub. I also used lemon sometimes when my face was super oily. It helped dry out pimples too but can't be over used because it can over dry your skin. Rinse your face with cold water after your face is clean to close your pores (I put an ice pack sometimes).

Mine got better towards the end of second tri. I've been told it's because I'm having a boy - all those extra hormones. Idk if it's true lol 
  • Options
    Have you tried a lotion with AHA or Salicylic Acid? Not just face washes, but a face treatment or chemical peel. I've had some amazing luck with it. I swear by chemical exfoliants Instead of abrasive ones.
  • Options
    My skin has been perfection my whole life and now I'm experiencing my middle school nightmares! I'm 15 weeks and my chin, forehead, and back are out of control. I've noticed that my skin is a lot more oily than normal. My DH got me a clarasonic which has been great for helping to tame the beast the best I can right now. I'm looking into Belli though. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    I got the lush charcoal soap to use on my gross back. I'm also using witch hazel and persagel. It has actually made a huge difference

i wansnt able to wear tank tops because of the backne but now I can!!
  • Options
    Girl I feel you! I started breaking out this week (17w 4d) and its horrible. Nothing is helping. Hopefully it'll go away in due time. 
  • Options
    Have you tried a lotion with AHA or Salicylic Acid? Not just face washes, but a face treatment or chemical peel. I've had some amazing luck with it. I swear by chemical exfoliants Instead of abrasive ones.
    Just be careful with levels of salicylic acid while pregnant (most things I've read suggest avoiding it completely.)
     https://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc#articlesection2