October 2015 Moms

I am not vain and I love nursing, but...

...I feel upset about my boobs! Before pregnancy and baby I had nice breasts. Small but perky and firm. Since I have given birth they are covered in stretch mark, seem lower and are so soft! I especially hate them after a feed, all saggy and squishy. I love nursing my son, he is so cute playing with his hands while nursing and it's great that I can provide him with breast milk, given all the health benefits. Please someone tell me they will change to normal after I am done breastfeeding!? (Which I am planning to stop after a year/year and a half)

Re: I am not vain and I love nursing, but...

• Having a baby in general, breastfed or not, changes your boobs. Your whole body changes.  It's a part of being a mom.   :)
  • Unfortunately the "saggy" feeling happens because of pregnancy and all the changes. some women keep larger boobs after breastfeeding some keep smaller. I had lost most of my boobs after the pregnancy that I didn't breastfed after than I did the one that I did (prior to this one)
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't breastfeed, never even attempted to breastfeed and my barely there boobs are even flatter than before kids. Like if I have a third I won't even need a bra at this point.
  • A lot of stuff I've read says that the saggy boobs comes from pregnancy, not breastfeeding. So when I feel down about how my boobs look now I just remember that they probably would look like this anyways, so at least my baby is getting wonderful nutritious food from them too! But I'm with you mama, I seriously miss my nice, perky breasts! Hubby doesn't seem to mind at all though.  ;)
  • Lurker from nov '15 mama's. I had barely there boobs before my kiddos and they unfortunately got even smaller after 1st and 2nd dd's, now with my son my mil jokes that they will be inverted after My milk goes away
  • I am not even sure what I'd find worse: boobies getting even smaller than before or saggy. Or both. Omg! When did they get smaller @skabanak, if you don't mind me asking?! When you stopped bf? 
  • They totally shrunk after I stopped nursing. With both girls I quit around 12 months. I joke that I will continue to nurse my son for as long as I can so I can keep some of my boobs :/