Babies on the Brain
Options

A week until we officially start TTC. I'm super nervous?

edited February 2016 in Babies on the Brain
Me and my SO and I have been talking about starting a family of our own for sometime now and decided to officially start TTC in Feb. 2016. Well its February and I'm all sorts of anxious and nervous and kinda scared. Mainly just because its a huge step and that it will change our lives. SO already has a DD  who is 4 so he's been through a pregnancy and having an infant. What if I'm a terrible mom? etc etc.  I want this so badly but I'm so nervous I'll mess something up.

Is anyone else  super nervous? Any advice on how to bring down my anxiety and how to relax and not worry about every little thing while TTC?

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 8/15 
MC - 9/15
~~~~
BFP #2 4/24/17
EDD: 11/2/17

Re: A week until we officially start TTC. I'm super nervous?

• Options
    Me and my SO and I have been talking about starting a family of our own for sometime now and decided to officially start TTC in Feb. 2016. Well its February and I'm all sorts of anxious and nervous and kinda scared. Mainly just because its a huge step and that it will change our lives. SO already has a DD  who is 4 so he's been through a pregnancy and having an infant. What if I'm a terrible mom? etc etc.  I want this so badly but I'm so nervous I'll mess something up.

Is anyone else  super nervous? Any advice on how to bring down my anxiety and how to relax and not worry about every little thing while TTC?
    @CrunchyMidwife

Being nervous is normal. When DH and I decided to actively TTC I was nervous and sex wasn't as fun for a little while because I was getting inside my own head with all the what if this and what if that thoughts. The best way I found to relax was to do something after like watch tv or read or something like that. Also, reminding myself a few hundred times to not worry about something that isn't an issue yet. Handle things as they come up.

Good luck :)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We start TTC #3 next week following my IUD removal. I'm nervous, too, but so excited! I think it's nervewracking just to go through it all again, but it's so worth it.  Try to just enjoy the process. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited February 2016
    We start April. Nervous/excited. Which is normal i think. Its scary when people are not nervous because it's like they haven't thought things through all the way. Being nervous means you have thought of alot and the what ifs. You need to be be prepared for it. I thought for sure my husband would freak out and move it but he hasn't and he's been ok with this nit preventing not trying thing right now
  • Options
    KarliQ88 said:
    We start April. Nervous/excited. Which is normal i think. Its scary when people are not nervous because it's like they haven't thought things through all the way. Being nervous means you have thought of alot and the what ifs. You need to be be prepared for it. I thought for sure my husband would freak out and move it but he hasn't and he's been ok with this nit preventing not trying thing right now

No need to be nervous while TTC, save the stress for when you have a newborn because that shit is really scary! ;)

• Options
    OP one important thing to keep in mind is that it can take a healthy couple a year (or more) to get pregnant so don't get discouraged. Try to have fun with this. Don't start getting nervous until you're actually knocked up!
  • Options
    KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited February 2016
    KarliQ88 said:

No need to be nervous while TTC, save the stress for when you have a newborn because that shit is really scary! ;)

I disagree. Sorry. I think being nervous before is ok. It is means you really are thinking things through. I never said not to be after baby is born. The unknown is scary
  • Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    edited February 2016
    KarliQ88: I think it entirely depends on the couple's situation and preparation when it comes to nervousness. I had a friend who put very little thought into TTC in terms of her set up in finances, career and even her relationship strength. She was just like, "can't wait forever" and wasn't "worried" at all. It did not turn out well for her family and it has caused a lot of stress.

DH and I though have been preparing for the past year and will prepare over the next 11 months. Do we have some concerns about how things will go? Yes. But will we be nervous? Unlikely. We had zero anxiety or nervousness about getting married because we dated for 10 years, knew each other, had a strong relationship and had prepared for life as a married couple. Our plan is similar for TTC. We know our lives will change and unexpected things will occur, but we will be as prepared as possible and ready to go with the flow.

Personally, I find myself the most nervous when things feel out of my control or if I am not prepared. Whether it's a work situation, social or personal challenge, I only really get nervous when I have a feeling I am not ready for something.
  • Options
    I hear you!  We started TTC this month, and its crazy scary.  If all goes right a human will live inside me!  And there are tons of needles (which I hate), oh and then our whole lives are going to revolve around a tiny person who will rely on us for everything and we have no idea what to expect except the unexpected.  I try to take a deep breath and remember the multitude of changes that we've been through before.  We were always a little nervous, and its always been ok.  Here's to deep breaths, quick conceptions and happy healthy babies.  Good Luck  <3
  • Options
    KarliQ88 said:
    KarliQ88 said:

I disagree. Sorry. I think being nervous before is ok. It is means you really are thinking things through. I never said not to be after baby is born. The unknown is scary
    I don't agree. I thought TTC through about as much as anyone can think it through, but I didn't sit there nervous for the entire time I was TTC. The only time I was ever nervous or anxious was during the TWW, when I got closer to when AF was due and thought about testing. But just while I was TTC? Heck no. What's to be nervous about while you're temping, charting, checking CM, and having lots of sex? Other than a UTI if you don't pee afterward... but come on. You can't just say someone didn't think things through because they're not nervous about TTC. That's kind of rude.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023