March 2015 Moms
Options

I want another baby but nervous

I would love another baby my son is almost one and me and my husband are talking like starting to try again around May so if it took us a couple months to get pregnant say we got pregnant in July or August the second baby will be here a couple months after or boys second birthday, the thing is, is I want to know from all you mommies out there that had more than one baby was it hard going from one to two, what's the biggiest challenge, do you think we should go for it or wait until he is bigger.??? Help May is not that far away

Re: I want another baby but nervous

• Options
    Me and my husband talked about trying for another later this year so that our little one now would be over 2 before her sibling arrived! Other plans were in store for us because I found out last week that we're expecting again! We're excited but I'm so nervous already about this big transition for our family!
  • Options
    I think it depends on what you honestly want. If you want them close in age then yes. I couldn't imagine having another baby anytime soon. My son will be one soon and I am doing a happy dance we are no longer a "baby". I want to get my son out of diapers and a little more independent before I even think about having another. My sister and I are 4 years apart and we were close growing up and still are close. My mom said she liked the age gap because it gave her time to bond with me and then I was in kindergarten when she had my sister so she had time with her as well. If you truly want another one now, go for it. If you are second guessing it, maybe you should wait a little longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @currcurr027 Congrats on your pregnancy and a happy and healthy nine months! I think it's totally a personal decision. If you are ready, you're ready! I watched my SIL go from one to two and the transition is much easier than going from none to one, but still tough. We wanted our kids close together, so we started trying for baby #2 back in September! Of course, it takes awhile to get pregnant after being pregnant, so we are expecting now in September. And I couldn't be happier! We wanted them close and although 2 under 2 is a challenge, an 18 month difference is so great for growing up together! And, yes, morning sickness and fatigue are challenging with a ten month old, but I look forward to when they start school and have common friends and play together. So, it really is something that is up to you. But don't let the challenge make you shy away from what could be a great experience.
  • Options
    My 2015 Marchie is my second.  My first was born in March of 2013.  They are 1 year & 50 weeks apart.  It is definitely a bigger change going from 1 to 2 than it was going from 0 to 1.  Especially since they are so close in age.  That being said though, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Right now they are the best of friends.  My son DOTES on his little sister sooooo much.  I also like that in reality, he won't know life any other way.  Its not like he was 5 and suddenly his world was rocked by the addition of a little sister.  His memories will always have his little sister in them.  If you want them close, go for it.  One really nice thing is that you can reuse most of the items you had for baby #1 with #2 (even better bonus if they were gender neutral and you have one of each - and you care about that kind of stuff).  Most if it shouldn't be expired - which has been extremely helpful for us. The only thing we really had to 'add' was a double stroller, which THANKFULLY we got from a friend for free after her boys outgrew it.  We didn't necessarily HAVE to add it, but it has come in handy while on walks and out at fairs & what not to corral them both and all their stuff.

Its been a joy to see how much my son has grown in just the year (almost) since he became a big brother, and my daughter is nothing but smiles when big brother is around.
  • Options
    My boys are 2 years apart. They are the best of friends. #3 is using the infant seat we got for #1 because it isn't expired yet. We definately got our money's worth from that! I second pp that it's great that you can reuse everything. We didn't buy much at all for #2 or #3. 
    Part of me felt guilty that DS1 didn't get much one on one time with us before #2 came, but I love how much he has learned from being a big brother. Having 3 under 5 has been a challenge at times, but I love it.