Breastfeeding

Fatty film inside bottles

I exclusively pump so my son gets all his milk from a bottle. It is all breast milk, no formula. We've noticed a fatty film inside the bottles though after he eats. Other than scrubbing each bottle for 5 minutes with hot water and dish soap any suggestions on how to get it off? Or advice on whether I really need to? It doesn't really come off in the dishwasher and boiling bottles doesn't seem to help much either.

Re: Fatty film inside bottles

• Hmm, the film on my son's bottles always washed off in the dishwasher. Maybe a new detergent? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use dapple dish soap washing with a paper towel first, scrub with the brush then sterilize them in the micro. The dapple seems to work better than regular soap. Plus it's made from natural stuff. I bought it at babies r us. 
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Loading the player...
  • I read that you're supposed to rinse them out with cold water before washing in warm water.  Maybe try that?  We use dawn and have never had a problem.
  • We use Mam bottles which I love because each piece comes apart and can be scrubbed, I just use regular soapy warm water and the film comes off fine. I wash after every use, obviously, then sanitize a few times a week. 
  • Just know the "film itself" isn't harmful... that means your body is making baby some good, fatty milk!
    With my last baby. .. I found a detergent geared specifically for breatmilk but can't remember what it was! Hubby prefers the dawn foaming soap... he says it works better...lol... at least on my pump parts :)