Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro - MMC

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for the past week but I finally feel ready to introduce myself. My DH and I are both 29 and started TTC in August. I got my BFP on DH's birthday on Jan 2 and I was active on the September '16 BMB. This is our first pregnancy. Last Thursday we went for our first midwife appointment and ultrasound at what should have been 7w3d based on ovulation (I was tracking BBT). We learned that our baby measured 6w1d and had a heart rate of only 76. The yolk sac was also enlarged. Serial hCG showed a decrease. I prepared for the worst but still had a tiny hope. Yesterday we had a repeat ultrasound which showed baby measuring 6w and no heart beat. Now I'm just waiting to miscarry naturally (hopefully). I've read a ton about what to expect and the wide variation in miscarriage experiences scares me. 

I'm sorry to everyone else here who has experienced a loss. This is something no one should ever have to go through. I'm so grateful that we have such a supportive community here.
Me: 29, DH: 29
Married 9/27/14
TTC #1 since 8/15/15
BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Re: Intro - MMC

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I miscarried naturally in January and it was a long and very painful process, but I really think it helped me process the emotional pain. I'm here if you have any questions - feel free to PM me. Hugs, I'm sorry you are going through this.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I did not miscarry naturally, as I had a MMC as well and wouldn't be able to handle miscarrying potentially while working. D&C is always an option, but not the first choice for everyone, understandably. I myself had a good experience (all things considered). Welcome to the board and I'm sorry you find yourself here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for the kind words. @AL_TwinCities I actually read through your experience and it helped a lot to get an idea of what to expect and what can be done to help things along. Thank you for sharing it with everyone. I'm making an appointment with an acupuncturist/herbalist today. @Wishilivedinflorida I have the luxury right now of being off work while going through physical therapy, otherwise I would probably make the same decision. I have a few more weeks before I go back to work and will have to re-think things at that point.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Options
    @zrain I'm so sorry for your loss. I was so excited myself to join the September 16 group as I had found this site shortly after learning I was pregnant, and then devastated when I found out I had my MMC literally the same day that I would have been able to start posting. Everyone had seemed so wonderful and encouraging on that group. I know when it happens again the month group will be just as lovely and as hard as it is to go from the expecting club to the loss club, I'm so glad for this community in general as I see so much support being offered.

I don't know if it helps, as you already mentioned everyone seems so different, but my natural miscarriage actually was more like a slightly longer, slightly heavier period with some strong cramping, but only for the first couple days I bled. My symptoms diminished very quickly (fully gone before I finished bleeding). I am still waiting to get my 0 HCG level (hopefully today) and if it is, the doctor and I are expecting that if so, I won't have any further bloodshed until my AF. I hope it goes as such for you!