Breastfeeding

Biting

5 month old DD started biting last week. Hard. She latches like normal to eat the randomly bites down and tries to sit up taking my nipple with her. She's breastfed but bottle fed when I work. I assume it's because she wants my milk to come out quicker. How do I get her to stop biting? If I unlatch her she just screams. Thoughts? 
SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
 TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
 First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
DH's TESE surgery December 2013
First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
 Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
 Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
 Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
Baby Girl is due August 27th
Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

Re: Biting

• My son went through a biting phase around 5 months. He was starting to teeth.  What worked was to unlatch and calmly tell him "no biting" and latch again after 15-20 seconds. He did cry but has stopped biting. Be sure to stay calm. One time he took me by surprise and I cried out. He thought it was funny. If it is a milk flow issue, think about adjusting the times you pump at work. I get home at 5. I try to have my last pump at 2:30. If I push it any later than 3 he is really frustrated when he eats at 5. 
  • I say "ow" loudly at home and "no bite". This evening he bit me 3 times so I quit feeding him. I offered again about 10 minutes later and he was fine. He normally only bites me if he's not really that hungry. LO is 7 months with 2 sharp teeth! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you still using the slow or low flow nipples on the bottles? Our LC told us not to change out nipples for the faster flow ones as baby grows because while they can drink the milk faster from the bottle with faster nipples, your breast remains the same. Good luck! 
  • Are you still using the slow or low flow nipples on the bottles? Our LC told us not to change out nipples for the faster flow ones as baby grows because while they can drink the milk faster from the bottle with faster nipples, your breast remains the same. Good luck! 
    That's interesting. No I hadn't heard that. She's on #2 nipples. The 1's she would flip out on. 
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long