Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Friday

2»

Re: TWW Friday

• NordyMN89 said:
    *Lurking from WTO*
    @thefarmerswife0411 - OMG enjoy Butcher and the Boar! It is soo good! FYI...restaurant week starts Feb. 21, it's a good time to check out fancier places at a good/reasonable price. Enjoy DHs bday weekend!
    EEEEEE so freaking excited! we've only been in town about a month (migrated from chicago!) and can't wait- all the photos i have seen online look ridiculously good ^_^ totally didn't know about restaurant week, thanks so much for the heads up, we'll definitely have to make some reservations! happy friday & happy weekend! 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Loading the player...

• R/R/CS: So yesterday marked the beginning of our 6th month trying. I feel sad. I never thought it would take this long. We didn't have the best timing, and based on the lack of symptoms I'm having, I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. 

In other news, the background check for the job I'm pretty sure I'm going to be offered is taking forever. And they've asked me for every W-2 I've ever had because they also suck at their jobs and can't verify my past employment on their own. It's been a week since I gave them my information to start the check. This is kind of ridiculous. 

as noted above by others, 6 months is really really hard :( you spend most of your life trying to avoiding getting KTFU & when you're ready it seemingly takes ages. i try to keep telling myself it will happen @ the right time but often get mad and say I'M READY, NOW IS THE RIGHT TIME!!!!! lol. 

in other news, that w2 stuff is INSANE, i can't believe they are asking you for that!!! i should be getting info on a background check for my new job in the next day or two & since i work in the financial industry it will likely involve 10 years of employment & address history & fingerprinting...bla! hoping you hear back today that it's finalized so you can enjoy the weekend! 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• @Paturkey I'm glad you're feeling better, but so sorry for all the sadness! It ain't over til it's over, though... and if it is... WINE!

@MissAmeliaPond I'm sorry about your 6 month mark! The only good thing I've been able to find in another month going by is that it means you're a month closer to your BFP. As much as I love TCOYF, it really does make conceiving sound so much easier than it is. She had me thinking it would be 1-3 months for sure.

@ChelleCPA HA, I am right there with you on swinging wildly from "omg this could be the month to omg this is definitely not the month." Seriously, it seems to change by the hour!

@DCHokieMom Yay for you and your husband taking advantage of this time! That sounds like a story straight out of TCOYF. Fx for you.

@kirby1220 Um, yeah, I definitely had that Big Bird record player *and* the Bodyguard soundtrack. Such sweet memories!

@Jamiek1882 Oh my gosh, you poor thing with that fall! It sounds like you got hurt worse than your DD. Little ones are so resilient! Thank goodness she had that hat on; I bet that padded her conked noggin very well.

@Businesswife and @Zoey1019 Hahaha, I do the crazy-person pep talks too! Like, out loud. Sometimes you just need to feel like you're doing *something* to TTC during the TWW! Also, I am trying so hard not to look up "cold uterus" (saw mention of it on here yesterday, too), because I'm sure I will decide I have one and find something else to stress over! :wink: 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 28/13

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing plans: Planning to test tomorrow morning if AF doesn't show up. BFN 10DPO.

R/R/CS: (Long rant, sorry, y'all.) I have no idea if I expect AF tomorrow or not. I really want to believe this is the month, but when I really believe it I just get more heartbroken when it's not. My temps have been a bit high, and yesterday morning I had a spike. When I temped this morning, the thermometer registered much faster than usual and landed below coverline! I felt like it couldn't be right because (1) it went so fast, (2) my temp never drops until at least the third day of AF, and (3), mostly importantly, you know, I WANT TO BELIEVE! So I took it again immediately and it was back up above coverline. I literally took it about 8 times in a row to make sure my thermometer wasn't just spouting out random temps, and every one but the first was right around my usual average LP temp. Still don't know what to think about all that. In any case, what I hoped was the beginning of a triphasic shift yesterday was definitely not. Also, since 8DPO I keep feeling like AF has arrived, and when I go check it's actually CM. It's really stressing me out!

GTKY: This is such a great question! So fun reading everyone's answers. The first one I bought myself was The Cure - Entreat. I was about 9. My brother and I pooled our money to buy the cassette together and actually successfully shared it. 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 

CD/DPO: 26/10

Timing: -4, -3, -2

Testing plans: Wednesday if no AF

R/R/CS: The standard emotional PMS (read: pregnancy?) symptoms are starting to set it.  I'm swinging between happy and sad like it's no one's business

GTKY: What was the first album you bought? I have no idea, but I remember when I was little I stole my sisters Queen Greatest Hits cassette and listened the crap out of it.  And just yesterday I heard Spin Doctors' Two Princes and took the nostalgia train right to 6th grade.  Hard to beat the 90s  <3 

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RatParade I love your SN... I have to ask, is it a reference to either Mice Parade or Parks & Rec? 
  • YesOuiCan said:
    @RatParade I love your SN... I have to ask, is it a reference to either Mice Parade or Parks & Rec? 
    It's Parks and Rec!  From when Andy was living in a tent in the pit and he said it was like a freaking rat parade every night haha.  I'm surprised you caught that!

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

Pregnancy Ticker
  • RatParade said:
    YesOuiCan said:
    @RatParade I love your SN... I have to ask, is it a reference to either Mice Parade or Parks & Rec? 
    It's Parks and Rec!  From when Andy was living in a tent in the pit and he said it was like a freaking rat parade every night haha.  I'm surprised you caught that!
    @RatParade Yesssss! You're so cool. I have watched the whole series three times all the way through, plus re-watched various awesome episodes over and over. I think I know almost every line at this point! :smile: 
  • YesOuiCan said:
    @RatParade Yesssss! You're so cool. I have watched the whole series three times all the way through, plus re-watched various awesome episodes over and over. I think I know almost every line at this point! :smile: 
    I think we just became best friends?

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RatParade We better make our Galentine's Day plans!
  • @Paturkey - I hope you're feeling better by now! It's Friday! That's one thing we can all be happy about!

@Mrsdannyoutlaw & @Ally0221 & @ReesaAnne16- Sorry about the BFN! 

@BusinessWife - There must be something about cycle 3 that makes us super hopeful. I've had a few symptoms out of the ordinary and I've definitely gotten my hopes up. Hate it when that happens! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 19/9

Timing: -3, -1, +1, +3

Testing plans: Sunday morning. I have a 5k that morning and I'd really like to know before the race. A BFN will not only set my mind at ease about running, but it'll also tick me off and make me run faster! 

R/R/CS: I'm a symptom spotting fool this month! Boobs have been hurting since yesterday morning (which generally doesn't happen until a couple days before AF- she's not due for another 7 days), my temps have been gradually climbing everyday (I don't know if that's normal or not, as I just started temping this month), and my resting heart rate has been way higher for a few days- I have no idea if that's a potential symptom, but it's strange. I wear a FitBit Charge HR and my resting heart rate is always between 50 and 52. For the past few days, it's been between 57 and 60! Told you- symptom spotting fool! 
    :/   

GTKY: What was the first album you bought? The first ones I can remember buying were Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette and Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lizzie5831 Thanks! Yes, a longer LP is certainly preferable so if it's longer again that's fine. It's the consistency I want though! "You're LP won't vary by more than a day or two" they say. Or FOUR. ;) I was thoroughly chart-stalked last month- it was a for real 13-day LP. No AF yet so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
  • @Paturkey How long have you been charting out of curiousity? Over six years I've seen LPs as short as 10 and as long as 15. Anecdotal I know, but you're within norms to me! Yeah, I think FF is a bit unfair with their statement. 
  • redheelerredheeler member
    edited February 2016
    Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO:22/7

Timing:-2-1 0

Testing plans: I will not test today.... Maybe

R/R/CS: still trying not to symptom spot

GTKY: What was the first album you bought? I'm really embarrassed about this, but it was an Aqua album

ETA- caved and tested BFN no surprises there, have been feeling crampy, tired and nauseous all day, hope AF doesn't make an early arrival :-(
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited February 2016
    Tw, ds mentioned
    Whoa, sorry rabbit tree bolding fail.

Cycle: 5

CD: 23/5dpo
    RRCS:  Sunday is my son's first birthday! We are having a very hungry caterpillar Thebes lunch with family tomorrow. I am about to due from the cuteness. And i cannot quite believe that my little infant is almost a toddler. Wtf?
    GTKY: Alanis

ETA gtky goof
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lizzie5831 Back in 2012 I had one 11-day, and this time around I've had 1annovulatory, 3 X 9-day and 1 X 13-day LPs. My previous cycle lengths since I got them back last April have ranged from 23-28 days, so consistent with my 9-day LP (but wasn't temping until Aug so can't say for sure but at least they're similar). I agree that those FF statements are always more authoritative sounding than is warranted. I'm testing tomorrow but if it's BFN I'm giving myself until 15 DPO before testing again to give it one extra day past my longest LP.

• Random old chart stalk if anyone is interested. This is last August. I don't think this chart looks ovulatory (no BBT at the time) but FF gave me CH based on CM. If I take CM out, the CH disappear. 15 days would be a freakishly long LP for me as well (see above). Any thoughts? I think I still vote anovulatory. The missing data are from a two-week long fever I had for no apparent reason (I did get checked out). 

• *lurking from WTO*

@paturkey I think that chart does show ovulation. It was probably just delayed and longer because of your fever. Maybe that messed up your LP to for some reason. Bodies are weird.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Thanks for all the nice comments!  I told DH about how everyone thought it was sweet, and he was like..."I was going to get laid, sweet wasn't my motivation".  Ahhhhh, the mind of a man. 
    TTC #2- November 2015

• Thanks to everyone who wished me luck yesterday! I think it went alright. Sorry I didn't get back earlier. I had people over yesterday and had an exam this morning. I'm struggling through today. I'm so wiped!

@khbear I'm going for Family NP program. 

@Lizzie5831 Thanks for saying that! I think they're pretty awesome too! =) 
    Baby #1: Elena 4/6/14
    Baby #2: Grayson EDD 10/22/16

• @korycir I think if I ever came down to it, I would do FNP. I'm an OB nurse right now... And I FEEL like I want something more, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I'm not sure if I want to teach, or if I want to practice. I think I have the skill set for management down the road, but I don't think I would get any fulfillment out of that. So many possible ways to go, so many completely different lifestyles.
  • @khbear I have no desire to work in management. It is absolutely way too much drama. I currently work inpt and they do hire a lot of FNP's at our hospital so that's an option. But I have been getting really excited about working in a pcp office. Once I have a masters degree I could also teach which I'd also like. I hope you figure out your path. Nursing is the best. So many options!!
    Baby #1: Elena 4/6/14
    Baby #2: Grayson EDD 10/22/16