1st Trimester
Options

Bleeding Mystery Solved (We Think!)

I've been bleeding and spotting a variety of colors from bright red to dark brown off and on over the past 6 weeks.  I am 10 weeks today:)  Yesterday I had another ultrasound (abdominal this time) and the tech found that my placenta is low-lying.  She thinks that could be the cause of the bleeding. My doctor had to leave before I saw him yesterday due to a delivery.  I saw the nurse practitioner at the last minute and I had to fill her in on the ultrasound and low-lying placenta.  She told me I'm on pelvic rest but I'm off bedrest.  I was put on bedrest last Thursday when I went to the ER for the third time.  Everything was rushed yesterday and I didn't get to ask all my questions.  Has anyone gone through having a low-lying placenta?  Are there any dangerous or restrictions I should know about?  Thanks:)

Re: Bleeding Mystery Solved (We Think!)

• Options
    Yup my anterior placenta was low lying at my 12 week ultrasound but has since moved up and is fine now at 18.3 when it is low you can bleed a bit easier I did but follow the dr's reccomendations right now it is too early to tell if you are at risk for placenta previa which is when the placenta covers the cervix. As the uterus expands the placenta can shift to better placement. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I sure hope it moves up and I don't have any problems:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had complete Placenta previa at 14 weeks caught after a bleed, and by 20 weeks it had moved anterior and was off my cervix. Most placentas move off the cervix, just scary every time you bleed. Follow the doctors weight restrictions, and hopefully all will be well by your A/S. 
    Now at 32 weeks I'm happy to have an anterior placenta because it buffers me from some of my daughters punches and kicks. I swear the girl is in beast mode 24/7. Hashtag Swoll Fetus