Infertility

Any success with transfer of an early blast or compacting embryo on day 5?

Hi Ladies! I'm reposting this over here, since I haven't gotten any responses on the other board and I'm nervous and crazy!! Hi Ladies! I've never posted in this forum before. I honestly don't use the bump app that much, but I just went through our third round of IVF. The first round gave us our son - so I am trying to stay positive. I am at home on bedrest after my transfer yesterday and of course have been stalking Dr. Google in all my spare time. By Day 5 (yesterday) we had two embryos that were okay and able to be transferred but they were a little behind. My doctor seemed pretty bummed and gave us a 20% chance of pregnancy for each embryo. So by day 5, my doc explained that they like to see the embryos at the blastocyst stage. My more developed embie was an early blast that was given a BC rating (not great) and my other embie was a compacting embryo that was given a grade of "B" (I guess they don't give the two letter grades until blastocyst stage where they can see the fetal cells separate from the placenta cells. My long winded question here is ... Do I have any hope?! Did anyone else transfer an iffy quality early blast or morula on day 5 and end up with a sweet babe to show for it? Thank you so much in advance!!!!!
New Bumpie! Me: 28 DH: 30 Years TTC: Almost 3! After First RE Appt - Natural BFP - Ectopic IVF #1: February 2013 - Antagonist (Short) Protocol ER: Doc was only able to get 5 Mature Eggies Transferred two "Perfect" Embies - one 8-Cell, one 7-Cell ::Stick Embies, Stick!::

Re: Any success with transfer of an early blast or compacting embryo on day 5?

• Since most ladies on this board are dealing with infertility and trying to beat it, I don't think this is the appropriate place to post a question about success. I think you should check out PAIF or SAIF instead.

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi!
    I think you should post your question at 'secondary IF' as on this board we haven't had a pregnancy yet so couldn't tell you out of experience.

To answer your question if you should have hope...yes. Always have hope. That and faith is all you've got. GL

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm so sorry to have upset you. I guess I was confused. I didn't realize that if we had experienced an IVF pregnancy and we're doing IVF again (even though I'm still infertile) I shouldn't post here. There seemed to be discussion threads about current IVF cycles (January/Feb cycle). I thought since transfer is the fifth part of an IVF cycle it was part of "Infertility." My mistake.
    GoBucksOH said:
    Since most ladies on this board are dealing with infertility and trying to beat it, I don't think this is the appropriate place to post a question about success. I think you should check out PAIF or SAIF instead.
    New Bumpie! Me: 28 DH: 30 Years TTC: Almost 3! After First RE Appt - Natural BFP - Ectopic IVF #1: February 2013 - Antagonist (Short) Protocol ER: Doc was only able to get 5 Mature Eggies Transferred two "Perfect" Embies - one 8-Cell, one 7-Cell ::Stick Embies, Stick!::
  • Thanks for the redirection and positive comments. What does PAIF stand for? SAIF is "success after infertility" right?
  • Hey EWBauer29, PAIF stands for positive after infertility. Don't take the comments above too much to heart, there are many women who have had success with IVF who read/post on this board (with appropriate siggy warnings) and there are many women who are going through secondary infertility too....good luck to you!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • edited February 2016
    @EWBauer29 You are certainly welcome to post here!  I think you might have misunderstood what @GoBucksOH said.  She was only stating that your particular question about success would be more appropriate for the "success after infertility" or "pregnant after infertility" forums since we don't usually have personal success stories yet here!  I hope you find the success stories you are looking for though!  Never give up hope.

Edited for typos.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Hi, EW! Sorry for that you didn't found answers on other boards.
    And extremely happy for you having your small son. This really makes the difference. For many women it would be a great push for passing another procedure. Lucky lady you are really!
    I was an endo and PCOS sufferer. Had unsuccessful surgery - left ovary scarring. My eggs couldn't get mature enough for fertilizing. That's why the right way for us was move to DE.
    As for your question, my clinic biotexcom was for blastocysts only. No transferring before day 5 no matter what the quality of the embryos was (I mean for earlier transferring). They were strict with the process and I was blessed to achieve pregnancy. Now this is my 25th week. Not a beautiful baby yet you wanted to read about but he's coming :DMay every story end well xx
  • @EWBauer29 You are certainly welcome to post here!  I think you might have misunderstood what @GoBucksOH said.  She was only stating that your particular question about success would be more appropriate for the "success after infertility" or "pregnant after infertility" forums since we don't usually have personal success stories yet here!  I hope you find the success stories you are looking for though!  Never give up hope.

Edited for typos.
    Exactly!!! I was only trying to direct to the right place to better answer the question. Thanks for the clarification :) 

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all for the comments! I probably read more into things than I should have - stupid hormones! My stims were the highest they've ever prescribed me before and I swear, I have not gone a day without crying. I was never this emotional during my other rounds. I do appreciate all of the comments and kind words. Trying not to freak out during this TWW.
  • I was just wondering about how you where doing.
    Sorry to hear you are so emotional and your hormones are out of place.
    I hate it when I can't keep them in line.
    Dont beat yourself up about it though. As you can't control it.
    In the meantime I keep my FX, beta somewhere next week?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• You're so sweet TVH1982 - yes my beta is next Monday. This wait is killer. With my first round my RE had me come in ten days after my 3 day transfer. This time it's 14 days after my 5 day transfer! So long! Where are you in your cycle?
  • I know the feeling, they like to keep me waiting 14 days too. Its soooooo long.

I'm on day 5 now, just had a 'you are ready to go' signal yesterday so am on oestrogen at the moment.
    If all goes as planned (as I am in sync with last month) I will have my 5 day transfer the 22nd.
    Having a little discussion with the clinic now as I want them to place back two instead of one. The hesitant because of my age (33) and good hormone levels, but my argument is they haven't gotten me pregnant yet, so something needs to change.

• GL today! Keep us posted about your beta!

• Aw thank you so much @tvh1982 for thinking of me! My beta was yesterday ... 46.81 - so positive (which I was a total cheater and have been poas since 4dp5dt (which was a faint positive even that early). My doctor was pleased. However, this weekend I had an episode of really bad cramps, bleeding and passing clots so I cannot imagine that I didn't miscarry. I guess the doctor on call didn't make a note of it, so my doctor had no idea until I spoke with her yesterday. I've had spotting of and on since then and more red blood with one small clot this morning. My doctor said to stay positive, and that she has seen lots of women with lots of bleeding so at this point I'm in beta hell waiting till tomorrow for my next blood draw. I'm on bedrest till then and am just praying. Though I really think it's probably a chemical and I've already miscarried. Infertility sucks.
  • I'm so sorry to hear you are in beta hell at the moment, that's an absolute nightmare.
    Ill keep you in my thoughts and sending you lots of virtual hugs and positive vibes. xoxo

• Thank you!!! Where are you in your cycle now?! Still on track for the 22nd being your transfer day? I bet you're getting excited now!!!
  • I am still on track for the 22nd. 
    I'm both excited and nervous. Plane ticket is book, will be a long long day. Leave home at 6 in the morning and wont be back until midnight :neutral:  But it has a lot of waiting and sitting involved, so I get to 'relax' a little.

GL today, hope they give you good news!

• Hi! We transferred 2 embryos each time day 5. Our clinic insisted on it being day 5. As my eggs were "lazy workers". Now I think of this with a smilie. Our de ivf program performed successfully and we're heavily pregnant now ;)
    I believe all this is too individual for every woman.
    Your fertility expert knows much more on the point..
    Good luck x