Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday time!

NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
edited February 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Getting WTF Wednesday off to an early start!

Edited to add gif. Embarrassed to say I had a bit of premature submission.

Re: WTF Wednesday time!

• I've been WTF'ing about my crazy ex and my whole body doesn't want to work with me thing, so I won't bring that in here again (I think it's been covered enough and thanks for everyone for all the support and kind words). I will say I have been a jerk and not been giving proper support to others. So, I'll WTF myself for being a pity-party thrower. 

No real WTFs yet, but it's just after midnight, so we'll see what happens. 
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited February 2016
    WTF sleep..where are you?!? Up at 3:45am ready to start the day. UGH
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF weather? It was gorgeous yesterday and I wake up to a downpour today. Traffic is going to be a nightmare. 

Also WTF body?! The RE says I ovulated and that AF should start on its own in the next 7-10 days. Now I'm having occasional cramps but no AF. Am I imagining things? I'm clearly losing it.
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF pup? Why you gotta wake me up 45 minutes before my alarm and give me an undeserved open circle? 
  • WTF to my cat for laying on top of me and meowing the WHOLE night. She barely cares for me unless she wants something.. Ugh. And WTF to me sleeping all night? That's going to screw up my whole temping since I work midnights. Great...
  • WTF to the REALLY dumb tiff DH and I got into last night.  He wanted some time to himself.  He tried to give me hints but did not communicate directly with me what he wanted.  I was oblivious.  He came upstairs all grumpy and insisting he was "fine."  I did not catch what the problem was.  Turned into a half-hour long conversation about (wtf???) who does more work around the house.  I cried because I cry when I get frustrated.  We did not really achieve anything, but we both went to sleep feeling sad.  I feel bad that I didn't understand what he was asking for and that it turned into such a big thing.  He feels bad that he didn't communicate with me.  It was SO STUPID.  And now my face is all puffy.
  • Wtf to DH... We cannot have conversations when he is in work mode.  We work the the same company, so we instant message each other daily.  I messaged him today with some quick research I had done on a potential long weekend away with another couple.  He immediately starts replying as if I was one of his direct reports, asking questions he could easily look up himself, and telling me to consider these other options.  Wtf... I do not work for you.  Effing look it up yourself.  Maybe click on the super informative link i sent you. Ugh
  • My best friend's husband came home on Saturday after a 6 month deployment. She was the perfect dedicated wife and mom to their DS. As soon as he got home he told her he fell out of love with her and wants a divorce. What in the actual f!#@. They just got married in Mexico in May..we all went to the wedding and had an amazing time, they seemed so in love. Ugh.
    BabyGaga
  • ladystinsonladystinson member
    edited February 2016
    @furbabymom2007 DH and I work for the same company too and have a similar thing. Hes doesnt reply to me as a direct report but he will reply without really reading it and then doesnt retain it lol

Edit: because words are hard when bumping at work hehehe
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Random WTF and, though I've lurked, I have no idea if this is again the TOU. But has anyone seen this article today? https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2016/02/02/shocker-mom-has-emergency-c-section-but-doctors-cant-find-the-baby/   like, seriously? Anyone ever heard of this? seems negligent to me
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

• NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited February 2016
    @LizaKate1213 oh that just sucks. :( Sorry for your friend, but glad she has you. When I was in the mil (and still now since I still work at the same place but in just more of an executiveish role) this would happen far too often. It happened with my best friend too, both were in, both deployed shortly one after the other. The husband decided he "wanted to work on their marriage but also wanted to continue to date other people." He literally told her that when she picked up him from the airport. She gave him the literal and legal finger. Another friend had JUST given birth to their 4th (we were close all those years and he was always loving and devoted), he came back with a new girlfriend he met while over there. 
    Unfortunately, this happens all the time on both sides (as pp mentioned). 
    I know this will not help your friend now, but she "dodged a bullet." He would have bailed on her if he was so quick to do so after this deployment. So many of them think "no one can relate" so they shut out the ones closest. She would have had a longer and harder road ahead of her if they stayed and he just blocked her out. I hope for his sake (and espeically for her's) that he goes to counsiling and figures out what's making him do this... I hope they can work it out if he can get over himself. If not, reminder her every day that she deserves to be loved and to not settle for anything less!
    I'm so sorry for her, give her my creepy internet hugs (but obviously don't have to say they are creepy hugs from a stranger).

ETA words
  • Thanks, @NovaSaysNo. My DH is also military and we went through a 1 year deployment in 2011. I've heard so many stories but just never thought it would happen to one of us. She had "one of the good ones," or so we both thought. It's unbelievable. I feel worst for their DS who is just the sweetest little guy. He has a very tender soul and is always in tune with others' emotions so I know this is going to impact him in a big way. Thank you again for your kind words!
    BabyGaga
  • Very welcome, @LizaKate1213. Ah, so you've seen it all firsthand too. It's so sad. Well, she and her DS are lucky to have you as friends to help right now. Always hard to see that happen. :( 
  • I don't have my own WTF, but wanted to support you all during yours with some short meditation.

NSFW audio, the visual stays the beach.
    https://youtu.be/92i5m3tV5XY
    F*ck That: An Honest Meditation
  • WTF to my GYN office who just sent me a bill for $125, $30 of which was for a "urine pregnancy test". $30?! Those strips they use are pretty much wondfos and cost .10 cents. Also, WTF to my insurance at the time for not paying it. Just further confirmation that I made the right choice in going back to a company with an amazing health plan. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Random WTF and, though I've lurked, I have no idea if this is again the TOU. But has anyone seen this article today? https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2016/02/02/shocker-mom-has-emergency-c-section-but-doctors-cant-find-the-baby/   like, seriously? Anyone ever heard of this? seems negligent to me
    I've never heard of this happening before, but I know someone who got a C-section even though she had already started pushing and the baby was in the birth canal. There wasn't anything wrong, she just said she didn't want to keep pushing and she wanted a C-section.
  • ladystinsonladystinson member
    edited February 2016
    bcooke314 said:
    Random WTF and, though I've lurked, I have no idea if this is again the TOU. But has anyone seen this article today? https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2016/02/02/shocker-mom-has-emergency-c-section-but-doctors-cant-find-the-baby/   like, seriously? Anyone ever heard of this? seems negligent to me
    I've never heard of this happening before, but I know someone who got a C-section even though she had already started pushing and the baby was in the birth canal. There wasn't anything wrong, she just said she didn't want to keep pushing and she wanted a C-section.
    Really? I didnt think they could do that. I was thrilled that my DS was already moving down so they couldnt do a c-section. There was no reason for me to have one other than I was taking up too much of my dr's time..... douche.

Edit: because also who just decides they're done like that? lol
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11

• My best friend's husband came home on Saturday after a 6 month deployment. She was the perfect dedicated wife and mom to their DS. As soon as he got home he told her he fell out of love with her and wants a divorce. What in the actual f!#@. They just got married in Mexico in May..we all went to the wedding and had an amazing time, they seemed so in love. Ugh.
    I'm so sorry to your friend. :( My friend is going through a divorce of similar nature. Her H was deployed and when he got back he said he wanted a divorce. I didn't realize it was so common until reading this. It's so hard because she has no reason why. It's so hard to watch and try to be understanding because it just doesn't make sense. Hugs to your friend b
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I have a WTF and I wouldn't mind getting your thoughts on it.

I've mentioned my Marketing Director, Kelly, on the Twatwaffle thread before because the woman makes nearly six figures and can't be bothered to come to the office ever (as in, has called out because she didn't sleep well).

She made it 4 days in January.  The last anyone has heard from her was last Wednesday around 2:30.  After that she hasn't answered emails or phone calls, and hasn't shown up to the office.  I even called the emergency contact number from her employee file (no answer, left a message).  

I'm mailing a severance letter today.  Based on her work history (and browser history, since I checked that too) I think she's just a terrible flake.  Some shred of humanity in me is wondering if I should call the local PD and ask for a welfare check in for her, but part of me just wants to cut ties and move on. 
  • @MRSCORKER $30 for a preg test? That you had to pay for? No. Glad you have another plan. That's ridiculous 
  • bcooke314 said:
    Random WTF and, though I've lurked, I have no idea if this is again the TOU. But has anyone seen this article today? https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2016/02/02/shocker-mom-has-emergency-c-section-but-doctors-cant-find-the-baby/   like, seriously? Anyone ever heard of this? seems negligent to me
    Really? I didnt think they could do that. I was thrilled that my DS was already moving down so they couldnt do a c-section. There was no reason for me to have one other than I was taking up too much of my dr's time..... douche.

I don't think they should have, but I guess they can. Honestly C-sections should only be done if absolutely necessary. 
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited February 2016
    Oh! I do actually have a WTF. So, because of the medical things going on with me, my doctors decided to put me on Clomid this cycle (as mentioned in a different thread). I've been very nervous because this was unexpected. Anyway, I was googling Clomid because other than the talk I had with the doctors, and what I've seen on here, I don't know much about it (with my medical history I feel better by knowing exactly how things work and I was so nervous at the appointment it didn't all sink in). Anyway, I came upon this site/thread and it made me SO ANGRY. 
    The grammar is horrible (sounds like they are auditioning for 16 and pregnant and also never attended any type of schooling). That's not the worst part... they are taking Clomid they buy off the internet and don't even tell their doctors! They don't care that it's unsafe, they are just trying to have multiples! Here's the link if anyone want to get angry at stupid people today. That was a serious WTF.
    https://www.pregnancy-info.net/forums/twins_and_multiple_birth/i_took_unprescribed_100mg_of_clomid_and_pg_with_triplets__/

Edited because words are not my friends today.
  • bcooke314 said:

They definitely can do a c-section at any point. And actually it is pretty common to have a c-section after the baby is starting to move into the birth canal. This is often times because of fetal distress. The baby's body is for some reason having a hard time coming through the canal. But also no one should be able to force you to have a c-section. They really can't. I am in the middle of my doula certification and reading an enormous stack of books on this sort of subject. I could go all day. But, I won't. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @housewifehobbyist that is really strange that she's just stopped showing up. Do you have any reason to believe she might be in some sort of trouble to warrant calling the PD? We have had employees stop showing up without notice, but usually when you call them it's just that they found a new job and say "screw you people".
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • WTF tenant? How hard is it to pay the rent on time, or at least flipping tell me what date to expect it. You have not paid on time yet, but could you at least pick the same day of the month?! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl I went through her browser history and there were some job hunting tells there, apparently she wanted to leave her 90,000/year job to be a yoga instructor and teach people how to manifest.  Which is fine if she, you know, TELLS us.  I've had servers no call/no show and quit that way, but never a high level employee like that.  
  • bcooke314 said:

They definitely can do a c-section at any point. And actually it is pretty common to have a c-section after the baby is starting to move into the birth canal. This is often times because of fetal distress. The baby's body is for some reason having a hard time coming through the canal. But also no one should be able to force you to have a c-section. They really can't. I am in the middle of my doula certification and reading an enormous stack of books on this sort of subject. I could go all day. But, I won't. 
    True, I guess I should have mentioned when there is a lack of fetal distress. One dr in my practice tried to schedule an induction before I was even due (no medical reason, DS and I were both very blessed to be perfectly healthy) and then the dr I ended up with for L&D was a douche and was threatening me with a c-section from basically the second I walked in the door. 

***TW***
    It's gonna be a while before I start just because life gets in the way but I'm planning on becoming a doula too! what do you think of the training? I'm planning on specializing in bereavement and births after loss. I had a friend who lost her son at birth after a fully healthy pregnancy and normal natural L&D. Between that and my personal losses, I just feel drawn to it.
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11

• WTF to the stupid fight I had with DH last night. Seems like a lot of us had stupid fights last night...

I baked cookies and left them out to cool. DH decides he's going to put them away, that's fine with me, but don't put mine in a container with bread...I hate mushy cookies. So he takes all the good cookies and puts them in his container and puts the over cooked (but not burnt) cookies in my container. I see what he's doing and am like WTF why do you get ALL the good cookies? I wasn't mad, but then he made a really snarky comment and I got soo pist.

WTF? Who fights over cookies? Are we toddlers again? Quite possibly the dumbest fight we've ever had.

• @housewifehobbyist wow, I honestly don't think that there is anything wrong with cutting ties. I also don't think I know of any company that would put up with one or two no call no shows at the most. Does she have some sort of flex schedule that lets her work from home or something? Also, how the hell did she get that good of a job, cause I am a much harder worker, so if the spot is open I would like to apply...

@NovaSaysNo I am with you, what the actual fuck is wrong with these women? They could be taking anything....ANYTHING.....and they would have no clue. Selfish idiots.

WTF to my MIL. All she does is complain that we don't visit her in the middle of nowhere (which is very expensive to get to just to do nothing) We offer to pay to fly her here but she makes excuses about not getting time off for work but then spends money to fly one state away from us to visit her friend. Now she is trying to shame us for taking DS to Disney because how dare we go there and not to her house. We offered to foot the bill so that she could come too. EVERY SINGLE TIME I TALK TO HER she makes a nasty comment about this and pity party references to having to not getting time off from work.

Last night was the tipping point. She somehow got off work during that same week and is going to go on some vacation to an old people's singles week instead. So, we offer to pay for you to see your son and grandchild and get a free vacation to boot, but instead of jumping at the chance, you spend money and take time you claim not to have to go other places and just keep complaining that we don't come to see you.....?

• Another WTF to the weather today. The forecast said 61 and rainy. It's like 41 and I'm not dressed appropriately. Brrrrrrr

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• WTF to TB app (well, and just TB in general which seems to be having weird issues the last couple days).  Specifically: Half of my intentional love tits never show up on the web version when I look, so I think the app just never processes them.  Then sometimes I see random love its from me on things I'm pretty sure I didn't love it.  I'm left wondering if I'm just scrolling badly and hitting there on the way through or if it is just rando-assigning love its!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @MRSCORKER what a racket!  When I had DS it was an emerg. C section.  I saw on my (enormous, heart stoppingly large bill) that My insurance was trying to charge over $300 for an epi bottle, numbing cream, and all kinds of other stuff that goes with vaginal deliveries.  I called them and they told me they wanted me to prove I had a c section.  I then pointed out the $14,000 some odd dollars of OR, spinal, and c section line items.  They still needed a letter from my doctor.  Check your bills ladies.  All of them, all of the time!  My H gets so embarrassed when I get shitty about this stuff, but you can't charge me for something I never had!!
  • @MRSCORKER what a racket!  When I had DS it was an emerg. C section.  I saw on my (enormous, heart stoppingly large bill) that My insurance was trying to charge over $300 for an epi bottle, numbing cream, and all kinds of other stuff that goes with vaginal deliveries.  I called them and they told me they wanted me to prove I had a c section.  I then pointed out the $14,000 some odd dollars of OR, spinal, and c section line items.  They still needed a letter from my doctor.  Check your bills ladies.  All of them, all of the time!  My H gets so embarrassed when I get shitty about this stuff, but you can't charge me for something I never had!!
    Right?! I just can't get over that they charge $30 to dip a .10 cent test in my pee cup. At least use the fancy digitals if you're gonna charge that much! lol

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Possible TW's (sexual assault and previous birth) -

@ladystinson -That is really awesome! Such an amazing role you will have in people's lives. So far I love the training. But, everything that I have done so far is just a crap ton of reading and online stuff. The actual class is in 3 weeks. I am so excited for it. I was at my SIL's birth in November and it definitely solidified the feeling I had had for a couple of years about wanting to be a doula. It just works with my passions and my family right now. I also have a degree in social work and have been volunteering at a shelter for domestic abuse and advocating for sexual assault victims in the hospital for about a year. I personally am hoping down the road to be able to specialize in being a doula for those that have survived sexual assault/abuse and violence in their lives. It is a huge passion for me and I know there is a big need for those who know the special needs that these women have. 

@Ally0221 RIGHT?!?!?! I can't handle it. I have been learning about birth trauma so much as a doula. It is something I am SUPER passionate about. Of course every mother is going to be grateful when her child is born healthy. But, can we not minimize the pain and trauma she may have experienced. Like one big good doesn't cancel out the bad that has happened to a person. I had a great, natural birth with my daughter. It was everything I had hoped for. But, immediately after she was born they took her to the NICU because of a minor breathing difficulty. 2 years later and I am finally feeling somewhat recovered from the experience. She is fine now and was released from the NICU after about 24 hours, but that doesn't remove the horrible experience of my newborn being taken from me immediately after birth for hours. Obviously I am beyond grateful that she is a healthy 2 year old. At my SIL's birth that I attended in November, after he baby was born I was happy but had to run to the bathroom to loud cry for 20 minutes because I fully realized everything I had missed after she was born and how badly I wanted that. This was over 2 years after my daughter was born. I want to throat punch all those idiots commenting! Ugh!!! (sorry for the majorly long rant)

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DiFazette911 I am with you! I always check everything with every bill because I honestly believe that most companies (no matter what kind) count on people being too lazy to do that. When I had DS we still had crappy insurance, so we had to pay out the nose and were fully expecting a large bill, but when I went over it, they charged us for a one day stay in the NICU. Apparently, they saw that his initial blood draw showed low sugar and just assumed he was put in the NICU. It took me 3 weeks to get it fixed because they had to research his charts and confirm that he was never there, not even for a minute.

Along the same line...

@MRSCORCKER With DS (and the awful insurance I mentioned before) I started out with a midwife, who I went to for two visits, an initial confirmation visit and another where she went over genetic testing. I didn't feel comfortable with her, so I left and thought nothing of it until I got a bill about 5 months later. The woman barely touched me but she billed my insurance for a laundry list of stuff. What I was responsible for was $75 for a "genetic counseling visit" that was determined unnecessary due to my age etc. (um, I was just doing what the Dr. told me to do...) and $60 for a pee test strip haha I almost flipped my lid, so I feel your pain!

• WTF to my ever-growing caseload.  I feel like I'm drowning in notes.

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Wtf winter storm Kayla. We had an epic roadtrip planned to get back home...  Grand Canyon,  death Valley among other smaller touristy stops..  And got to do none of it.  Instead we were driving like mad trying to get out of AZ before the snow hit...  Heading West...  So basically driving INTO a souther cali snowstorm so that we wouldn't get hit with the same snow storm at full strength.  How bout we do a cali coastal trip instead?!  nope.  Flooding and rain.  Ugh.  So bummed.   

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.