2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else still feeling nauseous?

Hi everyone,
This is my second pregnancy and I'll be 20 weeks in 3 days.  With my first pregnancy (6 years ago), I was sick for most of my second trimester and not during my first trimester.  With this pregnancy, I've been sick since week 6 to the point where I was on medication for the all day nausea.  I stopped taking the meds. about 3 weeks ago but still carry them around in my bag just in case :-).  The nausea is still there throughout the day but getting better.  I just want to feel great and enjoy my pregnancy.  Thank got the vomiting stopped over a month ago! Don't get me wrong, I am sooooo excited and grateful to be pregnant for a second time, I just wish I felt better at this point.  Anyone else going through something similar?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may never kick it unfortunately. I'm 34 and have still been having to take medication. It helps tremendously but I will still get sick and vomit on occasion. 
  • Options
    I'm 19+4 and puked yesterday morning again.  I've resigned myself to the possibility that this won't ever go entirely away and if it does, then that's a positive.  
  • Options
    Who the heck is @JuliannaShory and why have every single one of her posts been removed for TOU...
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 where are you seeing this??? 
  • Options
    She had a comment on this thread admin just have removed it as I now see she is banned 

• Options
    I still have morning sickness, although it doesn't ruin my whole day like it did in the first tri. My ob said that most women who still have it in the second tri will just have to deal with it the whole time. 
  • Options
    I'm 14.5 weeks and starting to have days that are okay and interspersed with days where I feel really sick. I've been feeling carsick too and drove with the window down in 40 degree rainy weather for some fresh air today. With my first pregnancy I was fine by 11 weeks so I'm keeping fingers crossed that mine will go away soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still nauseous daily and on meds!
  • Options
    Yes unless I eat every 2-3 hours. I'm still on meds also. This is life and I don't think it will ever end. 
  • Options
    I'm 17w4d and still randomly puke.  I've resigned to the fact that I may feel kinda pukey the whole time.  Meds help.  But in the end we get a baby out of it!!!!
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks today and threw up for the first time this morning : ( I was nauseous at night time weeks 7-10 so I'm hoping the vomiting was a one time deal today!
  • Options
    @chermann5 I threw up once when preggo with DD but was nauseous for several weeks. I thought I made it without throwing up this time and then did right about 14 weeks as well. Hoping it's another one time deal. I don't know how ladies that are throwing up all day do it or ever decide to have more kids. I was only 7 weeks with DD when I got sick and I remember crying thinking that was going to be my life for the next few months. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Who the heck is @JuliannaShory and why have every single one of her posts been removed for TOU...
    She was promoting her blog or some website on every post. No other input.  
  • Options
    I had fairly bad nausea all throughout my first tri, but it got better around 14-15 weeks, if I remember correctly, and it was like a terrible, terrible fog lifted. Now, at 27 weeks, suddenly I'm back to having bouts of nausea. Maybe unrelated, doc also just told me I'm very slightly anemic, but I looked up the symptoms and nausea isn't listed anywhere. Anyone else have their MS return? 
  • Options
    We are 14 weeks.  I have been having nausea/vomiting all day since week 6.  I'm hoping that soon I will feel better.  Someone mentioned unisom?  Does it make you sleepy?  Silly I know but I have an active 8yo boy.
  • Options
    MomtoRyan said:
    We are 14 weeks.  I have been having nausea/vomiting all day since week 6.  I'm hoping that soon I will feel better.  Someone mentioned unisom?  Does it make you sleepy?  Silly I know but I have an active 8yo boy.
    Unisom makes some people feel sleepy like myself but others I know after taking it a few days doesn't affect them much. I take it at night as that is when my nausea peaks so it's probably best to try it on a day or time that is okay if it does such as early evening. Also tslk to your dr first before starting but my dr has me pair it with vitamin b6 pills as they work together very well. Instead of just unisom on its own. But it is a very good idea to be honest about your level of nausea if it is interrupting daily functioning/ sleep/ work /life with your dr as they may have other medicine or things for you to try