3rd Trimester

Early labor

I lost my mucus plug 5 days ago, and I'm having contractions every 5 min (mild but noticeable with a few I have to breath through) went to labor and delivery 2 days ago. However I'm still at a 1 and 50% effaced. I had my cerclage removed a week ago, I'm wondering what I can do to help me dialate and efface! Cause a week of contractions is driving me nuts with no progress. (I know baby will come when my body is ready, just ready to see him.)

Re: Early labor

• When are you due?

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Nothing really works unless your body is ready.  Have sex - semen helps ripen your cervix, and can cause contractions, as can orgasm, however you can be walking around at that "progress" for weeks.  Everything you can do will most likely exhaust you more than anything. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...
  • A week of contractions huh? Try a month of contractions and no progress and doctor just tells you to take it easy and "sometimes the body just does weird things" welcome to my life. Don't mean to be snarky but we're at the finish line and its literally a waiting game now. No one here can tell you when. You will just know when its time. Find a hobby or activity to keep your mind occupied. Baby comes when he/she is ready and only then, good luck dear it won't be too much longer, you've already made it this far 
    This is my exact response as well. One week is nothing, I've been out of work for a month because of contractions that have not led to labor. (Luckily). Sit down and relax!
  • I'm due the 17th, I was on nifedipine for 6 weeks due to preterm labor contractions, before they took me off of it last week. I'm just ready to get things moving along is all. 
  • I understand, @cmn2k9, walking is good, as is sex as @skruhmin mentioned. But mostly patience. Sorry. Good luck! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• A week of contractions huh? Try a month of contractions and no progress and doctor just tells you to take it easy and "sometimes the body just does weird things" welcome to my life. Don't mean to be snarky but we're at the finish line and its literally a waiting game now. No one here can tell you when. You will just know when its time. Find a hobby or activity to keep your mind occupied. Baby comes when he/she is ready and only then, good luck dear it won't be too much longer, you've already made it this far 
    Yeah, this! I've been having contractions since early December. Hard ones for several weeks. Dilated and effaced for a month. Still no baby. :(

Best of luck to you, but there's just not a lot you can do until baby is ready. It could be today or (since you're not due for over 2 weeks) close to a month. I know it's uncomfortable but hopefully baby stays in a bit longer until it's cooked and ready.

• Yeah, no... I walked over 8 miles yesterday, had spicy lunch and dinner, ate pineapple, had sex, drank two cups of rrl tea, and... still same old contractions. I do most of these things most days. No baby yet. My advice? Don't watch your pot. And maybe be grateful your baby made it to term! I understand where you're coming from, but, again, yeah, no...
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016