Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Toys

Besides a few small items, I don't have toys yet for my lil guy. I know its still a bit early (he is 3 weeks) but I figure now is the time. So...any good recommendations? Anything I should skip? I would especially love items that will transition as he gets older. I'm especially curious about experiences with an activity gym...or bouncers...or anything really. Links of great toys would be extra appreciated!!

Re: Toys

• LO is 9 weeks and loves her activity gym! It's the kind with a mat than has beams that arch over that you can hang toys from. She likes the hanging toys that she can grab at that make
    jingly and rattle noises.  
  • It is still early but I would start with an activity mat to lay him down on with the little toys that hang. I highly recommend the kick n play because it has that and a piano that they kick and when they sit up they can use their hands. My LO is 5 months and really started enjoying toys about a month ago but liked the mat by about 2 months. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The kick and play is amazing! It was the first thing I could put my son down on without him screaming his head off to be held. He was about 2 months when that happened and I wish I bought it sooner!
  • We just bought the kick n play after seeing a friend using it and we love it! She'll be two months next week and I highly recommend it.