Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Good obgyn in cranberry township

hello everyone 
I am new to cranberry township and a first time mom to be. I am 8 weeks pregnant and  I am looking for good obgyn in the area. Can anyone please suggest a good obgyn in the area ?
 Also when checking online I saw that most of the doctors here deliver in downtown hospitals. As this is my first time I am really worried if an emergency occurs would it be feasible to drive to downtown? Are there any hospitals near cranberry? I reasesrched Magee at Wexford but review weren't great . I am really confused about the obgyn and hospitals . 

Re: Good obgyn in cranberry township

• Options
    Most people I know who live anywhere near Pittsburgh do drive into the city for delivery, I'm pretty far south (Connellsville, 54 miles one way) and my OB is at West Penn.  My last baby was a preemie (34 week) and I drove to Forbes and was taken the rest of the way by ambulance because 

As for OB recs, a lot of that depends on your insurance. As I'm sure you're becoming aware- the UPMC/AHN controversy is huge and your insurance provider can really limit your options. I have Highmark, so I'm only familiar with AHN doctors and hospitals.  

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image