Trying to Get Pregnant

Sunday GTKY Tattoo edition

2»

Re: Sunday GTKY Tattoo edition

• Just getting back to see all the tattoos! They are so beautiful! I very much enjoyed this thread. :) Thanks for sharing your (everyone your) gorgeous tattoos! Love them!
  • Loading the player...
  • @m6agua I think that's beautiful. Hugs to you!

• @m6agua what is the significance of each component? I have never seen that symbol before, just curious!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• @m6agua what is the significance of each component? I have never seen that symbol before, just curious!
    The ribbon is for Pregnancy & Infant loss. The dot would be to represent my MC, if I have more (hopefully not) I would add to it for each loss.

@novasaysno thanks.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua I love that. One thing to consider is where you put it - are you comfortable explaining what it is for when people see it? I am not - at least not to everyone. So my tattoo and the future one have alternate meanings that I can tell the people I don't want to tell the real meaning. I tell people that the triangle is a reminder to have balance in my life, and when I get the arrows I will say that it means to move forward. You may already have thought about this, and if you are comfortable explaining the reason to everyone I am proud of you! 
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Short LP (8 days).

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

• I love all the artwork on this thread! I think the tribute tats are wonderful. The Franz Marc foals is lovely.
    I have several and tend to get them during difficult times, or big life changes. I don't really drink or smoke, so when things get rough, getting ink is sort of a fix.
    I currently have one full sleeve, full chest, upper and lower back, and right side. And a small band on my other arm. I'm finishing up a drawing for something new on my forearm. I plan on having it done in a few weeks, during the two month waiting time I'll have after egg retrieval and before FET. It will probably be my last one. I may have said that with my last one though!
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Glad this thread had a bit of a reboot... I completely missed it and love it!  So much gorgeous art, ladies!! 

I have two tattoos.  I made a terrible mistake and had a tiara done on the back of my neck in my very early 20s.  It did not age well and I actually hated it as soon as it was finished, but I figured what was done was done.  Luckily, I met an amazing tattoo artist and she was able to save it.  She did a complete cover-up right before my wedding and instead of having to wear my hair to hide the monstrosity, I was able to show it off.  I actually had it covered up after I had my second one done.  

Sorry the before picture is so bad.  It just goes to show what a terrible tattoo it was.  I have no idea how she was able to cover the awful black.  

And my other tattoo is a sakura/cherry blossom branch.  I have loved Japan since I was a little girl.  I just did not want to make the same mistake I made with my first tattoo.  

I could not be happier with it.  This was after it healed.  

• @AL_TwinCities yes that is something I thought about. I think I'm going to put it on my wrist somewhere because the tattoo is for me and it's not something I want to forget. It's a part of me. Also in general I am a pretty open person and don't really like secrets so I think it will be something I am fine explaining to people. 

This is a club that I wish no one had to be a part of, but I think that we are some of the stongest women/mamas.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• m6agua said:
    @AL_TwinCities yes that is something I thought about. I think I'm going to put it on my wrist somewhere because the tattoo is for me and it's not something I want to forget. It's a part of me. Also in general I am a pretty open person and don't really like secrets so I think it will be something I am fine explaining to people. 

This is a club that I wish no one had to be a part of, but I think that we are some of the stongest women/mamas.
    I am so impressed and proud of you and other loss moms who are comfortable being open about your journey. I hope I will get there too - maybe if/when we have our rainbow baby. Right now I have this fear about people knowing about our IF and losses...because then they'll also figure out that we are still trying and I'll open myself up to their questions or at least know that they will probably be wondering how TTC is going every time I see them. I wish I was strong enough to be more open! 

I think your tattoo is lovely. I love having mine on my wrist because I see it every day - it is always with me.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Short LP (8 days).

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

• MRSCORKER said:
    I love all of these GTKY threads!!

Wow, @NovaSaysNo, that's incredible work! How many hours did all of that take?

I have 2 small tattoos. Both are in tribute to Queen Elizabeth I. I just really identify with her and am generally a big history nerd. She was a strong, intelligent leader and an early feminist.

This is the "E" from her signature (also my first initial). This is the only picture I have of it! It's really a pic of my wedding hair but you can see it :)

This is is her motto, "Semper Eadem". The direct translation is "Always the same" but it represents staying true to yourself no matter what people say or pressure you to do. 

@MRSCORKER  you HAVE  to read The book innocent traitor!!!!!  It doesn't have a lot about Elizabeth in it...  But Jayne.... Such a heroine.  You'd love It! 

Im loving all these tattoos ladies!  I wish I had one to share!  

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• @gardeniagirlknits I have read that one!! Poor Jane :(

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I have two tattoos. One is of two pawprints behind my ear - one for each person I've loved who's passed away (I have to add another one, but haven't had the chance to). The second tattoo is one I want covered up; it's literally just the word "One" under my right collarbone. I had gotten it because I was super sentimental at the time and kept thinking that everything in my life happens in one fell swoop. And for some reason, instead of getting "One Fell Swoop" I just got "One".
    Yeah, judge me. I judge myself on that one!

But, I have this tattoo that's in the process of being drawn.

I want the right butterfly just made more orange than pink, and the lotus more pink than purple.
    One represents me, one my husband, and one his step-son. I remember being told when I was younger that an unfolding/open lotus represents a soul expanding. So, for me, it felt appropriate to place that with a representation of my family.
    Our future children will easily be added with their own butterflies.

I just don't know where I'd put it. I don't want it huge, but not too small, either. I was thinking my mid/lower back, because I'm not super font of it as an arm or leg tattoo, but.. I don't know...

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I love watercolor style tattoos. They are so pretty.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Well, I have a whole lot of tattoos. I'll share one. Its not my favorite, but in TWW the GTKY Q was about honeymoons. This tattoo happens to be related to that so I'll just share my TWW answer and then expand.

"We got married seven years ago and went with a "staycation". We got a fabulous suite in Atlanta. Did stuff. We had just moved back from Costa Rica two months before wedding. I guess we sort of considered that our super extended honeymoon. Backpacked Costa Rica and Panama searching for a place we wanted to live. Then settled into a tiny tree house/ beach house on southern end of the Caribbean coast of CR for a year. Just spent our days hanging out with friends, playing pool, drinking beer."

During a little weekend vacation to Bocas del Toro, Panama we went to see this super cool Venezuelan tattoo artist. He worked in a room in the back of a hut/surf shop. It was a sterile environment, don't worry. He had actually tattooed my husband years before so we trusted his work. We decided we wanted souvenirs from our stay in Costa Rica, but knew we didn't want some cheesy little knickknack. Tattoos it was! DH and I both got the logo for a Dos Pinos. It is a company kind of like Mayfield or Kraft down there. Definitely the tattoo with the coolest story and I like that no one understands it other than us.

Thats the inside of my bicep. Husband has his on his hand.

www.dospinos.com/

I have a relative that ran off to CR with his wife on their Harleys for a vacation and they never came back... They LOVE it there. 

Ladies... I just have to say that I am so glad this was revived, as I missed it the first time. I have commitment issues with deciding where to put travel stickers on my hard camera case.... So a tattoo .. Well ... The thought blows my mind, I'm so fickle!

@al_twincities what a beautiful memorial. that made me tear up. Hugs.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• I have five (and one I'm ever so slowly removing). Here's my latest on my left ankle that I got when I did my first half marathon. Getting a matching on the other side when I do 26.2 (whenever that may be).
    cheers!