Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I thought I was prepared...

Wanted to share my story and thank all those that post in this board, prayers and love to you all and your angels<3
Thursday was full of cramps and spotting that both gradually increased, Im a nurse I prepared myself for the ultrasound, I knew what was coming, no cute little flicker of the heart on the monitor, I was 10 weeks my angel measured 7.5. With my medical background and combing through the boards on these boards I decided I wanted a D&C, I was grateful to be scheduled that next day for one. Things did not go as I had wanted or prepared for, that night the pain woke me up, my body had started to naturally miscarry, went to the ER hoping for some relief and found none, the medication did not touch what nature had in store. Every two minutes for 8 hours I experienced the worst pain in my life, this lasted until my OB took me for my D&C. I woke up two hours later without physical pain and grateful for the staff that comforted me until I was asleep on the table. I soon forgot the traumatic endless hours of pain and began this journey of coping, I thought I was prepared but to wake up and process everything has been the hardest part.  Like so many of you I'm grateful to be surrounded in prayer and encouragement and hope to help others cope in the future. Thanks again to all who post and show others they are not alone❤️

Re: I thought I was prepared...

• Big hugs to you. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm sorry you had to go through that. Sending hugs! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. There is nothing that can prepare a person for this. 
  • I'm sorry. I think no matter how much you try to prepare, it's going to be incredibly hard. I'm so sorry for your loss.