3rd Trimester
Options

Nightmares

I know it's common for night mares in the last tri. Anyone ever have nightmares of delivering a still born or dreaming of going to the bathroom and wiping blood?  It's really dragging me down, and making me nervous for what's to come and it's happening a few times a week, I almost don't want to sleep to just avoid them. Anyone have these and go on to have a healthy delivery?  

Re: Nightmares

• Options
    Maybe I'm being over sensitive but a trigger warning would have been nice here. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Crazy vivid dreams are normal for pregnancy.  I was anxious about going into early labor, and had a dream that I was walking around and the baby just fell out because I didn't know I had been in labor.  Maybe try doing some relaxation exercises and visualization of a healthy delivery before you go to sleep at night?  I found that if I watched disturbing things on TV before bed, it would make my dreams more scary. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kneill15 said:
    I know it's common for night mares in the last tri. Anyone ever have nightmares of delivering a still born or dreaming of going to the bathroom and wiping blood?  It's really dragging me down, and making me nervous for what's to come and it's happening a few times a week, I almost don't want to sleep to just avoid them. Anyone have these and go on to have a healthy delivery?  
    Blame hormones and your subconscious. But for future reference dreams in which you have no control over having, aren't an indication that something will go wrong.