Philadelphia Babies
Options

Struggling to find a midwife in DelCo, PA

Nanomama84Nanomama84 member
edited January 2016 in Philadelphia Babies

So it seems like the availability of midwife practices are pretty limited in Delaware County. I saw many old posts on forums about the Midwives of Delaware County, which was a part of Crozer Keystone, and I found out the other day that they've been closed - they now just have the OBGYN Assoc. of Delaware County which only has two midwives! And you aren't able to use exclusively them so it's not clear to me if they have a midwife-oriented care model. 

Only other options seem to be The Birth Place and Penn Medicine's OBGYN/Nurse Midwifery. The Birth Place seems great, but I kinda prefer to deliver exclusively at a hospital (just assuring to have an obstetrician, NICU, and necessary technology on another floor or across the hall rather than across the street). Plus I'm already 15 weeks in and I'm afraid they might fill up (just went to their info session tonight and will be calling about their availability tomorrow, ASAP). Penn hospital's main downside is being smack in the middle of Philly, and would rather not go into the city for all the appointments, or at God knows what hour, going into labor. 

Does anyone know of any other options? I live in Media, PA and prefer the provider/hospital be within half an hour away.