Trouble TTC
Options

Stress and Infertility (TW)

So, today while I was commenting on another post I connected some dots finally. With my three previous pregnancies, and pretty much all of my womanly life, I've had fairly regular cycles. After my last miscarriage in 2014, we stopped trying for a few months to recoup. However, the same month I miscarried, I had three different couple announce their own pregnancies. So when we finally started trying again, there was some pressure....a lot of pressure actually. I kept telling myself that I had to get pregnant, I just had to. That month we started, my cycles got wonky. Some really long, some I didn't ovulate, others I ovulate a week late. Eventually it settled into a 23 or 25 day cycle where I'd ovulate, but my LP was less than 11 days. I know that that is technically not a short LP, but my assumption is that a shorter than normal LP hinders conception. This cycle stuck for over a year while I was trying and freaking out that i wasn't getting pregnant. Three cycles ago my LP has lengthened to also 14 days again. I've been trying to release this tension that's built up lately, and I'm curious if that is why my cycle is evening out. Does stress really have that kind of impact on the body? I mean, I know it can, but I wasn't sleepless or tearing my hair out or anything. So how can one measure stress and make sure they are only experiencing a healthy amount? How can I manage the stress that's all inside? What do you ladies think?

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
TTC for 2 yrs.
One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
Two chemicals before TTC
Preparing for infertility testing

Re: Stress and Infertility (TW)

• Options
    Stress absolutely CAN affect your cycle!  It can also affect conception and everything else having to do with your health.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @DinosaurJumper I have had these same thoughts lately. I had a stressful few months and my cycle was all messed up. I think the mind is stronger than the body, all of the time. I let my mind and negative mindset get the best of me.

I have been working on meditating (10-15 mins. a day), exercising to lift my spirits, acupuncture, and not putting so much emphasis on my to do list. I am putting myself on the top of my priority list. The calmer you can be, the better you will feel & the more relaxed your body will be. It is easier said than done some days but just be aware of when you realize you are getting stressed out and try to change the way you are thinking in that moment. Hope you find these words encouraging! We all have stress it is just finding different ways to cope with it to make daily living more peaceful and enjoyable. 
    Married for 2.5 years
    TTC for 2 years
    Unexplained IF
    Normal S/A
    History: Hypothyroidism, Pituitary Microadenoma, Normal HSG 2015
    Thyroid in working order & normal prolactin levels as of 2016
    Headed to an RE first time in March! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi. I new on this board but figured I would chime in (my intro is on the main page here). As far as I understand, high levels of stress can cause you to ovulate later so there is a definite effect there. For the past three or so months I have been going to acupuncture weekly. I find that it seriously keeps my stress levels down and makes me feel in control when things around me are seemingly out of control. I also started a restorative yoga practice for the weekends. I used to find that I would feel less stressed only on the day of these activities but I recently hit a point where I am feeling overall a lot better regarding stress levels. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irishrose54  Welcome! Sorry to meet you here :(  
    Yoga has always been a favorite of mine. I have been trying to do it or a full workout everyday. Sometimes I miss, but it has been helpful.  One session of yoga the instructor told us to try and empty our minds, and that when those intrusive thoughts come in to ask yourself, "Do I need this?" and send the thoughts away. It has been a great tool for calming down.

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing