June 2016 Moms
Options

How has your pregnancy/motherhood changed you?

One of the biggest things I hear is that motherhood teaches you how to be patient. I'm curious, how do you feel you've changed since either becoming pregnant or having children if you aren't a FTM?

BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

>

Re: How has your pregnancy/motherhood changed you?

• Options
    This will be our third, and I am still praying for patience everyday. But I think my patience has improved, .... I think lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is our third, and I've mellowed a ton since having our daughter. I learned to trust my instincts when it comes to my kids and have always known exactly what was wrong or what they needed. I've learned to fight for them and be their advocates....which has translated to my own life, too.
  • Options
    My 2.5 year old DS test my patience daily I still struggle but think I'm improving. Noisy toys, screaming and running like a maniac used to drive me crazy and now if he's not whining/crying I can tolerate anything.
    I will have to say my anxiety went through the roof in the newborn stage and I hope I can relax more the second go round.
  • Options

Sgoldberg247 I feel you. I have my U/S for gender in almost a week and I'm just like urrrrrgh I want it now!

NLewis1  Yes!!

HeartLikeMine3  Anxiety from colic/not sleeping/being an FTM or something else?

>

• Options
    I just stressed about every little thing it's just my personality. He didn't sleep through the night till 1 year so the sleep deprivation didn't help. I just worried about everything he was barely 5 pounds when born and I was always worried about him getting enough nursing. I was really borderline crazy when it came to his scheduled feedings, naps etc and I let it dominat our life completely. Now my son is super picky and wants everything to go a certain way! I'm going to try my hardest to go with the flow and chill ax this time.
  • Options
    I will also say I'm more exhausted than I ever thought possible. My son is 17 months old and I can count the number of times he's slept all night on one hand.

I'm REALLY hoping baby girl is a better sleeper than her brother....
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    I think patience is a big one. I'm constantly amazed by how patient I am with my 2.5 yo DD (as PP have said, I'm not perfect, but I'm so much better than I thought I'd be).
    I think the biggest change is just adjusting my life to accommodate this little person who is so reliant on me. My sense of myself as an independent person changed. It was a struggle at first. Every once in a while I want a minute alone, but they need you. It's hard to find a balance that works.
  • Options
    I am a bit of a control freak and a perfectionist.  Motherhood has definitely taught me patience and at times flying by the seat of my pants.  My house is not always as clean as it used to be, I forget things and I definitely am not as organized as I used to be.  But I have realized that it is okay!  Everything will be okay in the chaos.  My kiddo has definitely changed me for the better! 
  • Options
    I am more forgiving, even with my husband. I don't know what triggered it, but I just let things go more often.
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Options

I am more forgiving, even with my husband. I don't know what triggered it, but I just let things go more often.

Me too!! I used to hold a grudge or stay mad for so long. It's like the little things don't matter as much once you have a baby just health and happiness!

• Options
    @Emztron500 your whole answer is beautiful.

>

• Options
    Welp,  I'm less focused and productive at work now.  Does that count?
  • Options
    @mmmmkay it definitely does lol

>

• Options
    I think I'll change much more when the baby is actually here. However, I don't know if this corresponds with age as well (just getting older) or what. But I've been able to recognize fair weather friends much faster. I've been able to sense who I can trust and who I want involved in my child's life. I guess you could say I've become more intuitive. Whereas before baby I would just make excuses for things like "it's my fault they don't come around or whatever"....as soon as I couldn't be someone's drinking buddy or clubbing friend (single or married friends) the invitations stopped. The rude comments started. Lol. I'm sure I'm not the only one going through this. Just didn't realize 25 was"too young to ruin your life" as some people I've kicked to the curb have said.
  • Options
    I think it's already "softened" me a bit. I'm typically a no nonsense, non emotional, keep-it-together kinda girl but ... My lil boy growing in me has made me a lil mushy about the mushier things in life