Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone else getting 17P Shots?

I had my second one yesterday and they're not as bad as my friends described to me but they're not fun either.  The actual injection isn't a big deal, but afterwards I have burning/stinging for the rest of the night and the area is sore.  I tried the ice pack last night but the burning isn't really on the surface at the injection site, it's once the oil spreads through the inside of the muscle.  Tried a hot pad last week as recommended for soreness, but I didn't notice that it made much difference.  It's tender but the soreness is manageable unless my three year old gets excited and headbutts me at the injection site, which does actually hurt quite a bit.  Anyone else doing these and having similar (or very different) experiences?  Fortunately, I stop by and get them from a nurse on the way home from work and both the nurses who work there do a fantastic job of the injection and being as quick as possible.  I do notice I'm pretty exhausted after I get them but I'm usually pretty tired by Thursday nights anyway. 

Re: Anyone else getting 17P Shots?

• Options
    Had to look this up: progesterone. I am not/did not get the shot. It sounds unplesant but hopefully ot will work out! I may have to get a Rhogram shot closer to my due date as my blood type is A-. I've had no issues yet so maybe baby has negative Rh too.
  • Options
    Took the shots almost my entire pregnancy.   Very, very low progesterone.   I am now 38w2d!  Finally stopped shots (and pills) at 36 weeks.  At one point, I was taking 2ml in each side twice a week (hubby gave the shots).  I had burning and pain as well.  I experienced a mild allergic reaction every shot.  It was all worth it in the end though!   Good luck!