Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Anyone having nap struggles right now?!?

DS is 4 months old and fighting his naps so hard all of a sudden. He starts crying the second we walk into his room. He just loses it. Sometimes we have to give up and try again later because he won't calm down. I've tried starting really early so he's not over tired. I've tried waiting. I've tried right when he seems tired. I don't know what to do.

Re: Anyone having nap struggles right now?!?

• Options
    Mine just started this today, the second we walk in her room she starts crying. Shorter wake times today too. Regression started on Monday night! My LO still takes 5 short naps a day, and this is the second day I have to hold her for the last one!
  • Options
    Unfortunately this is pretty normal OP. That age is really hard for sleep. Just keep trying different things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine didn't take her last nap yesterday. I think her nap every other hour pattern is changing.
  • Options
    Well good to hear I'm not alone. Today has been a little better. Finding the perfect time to put them down is so hard. LO doesn't have good tired cues so it's difficult
  • Options
    My LOs tired cues change from day to day. Sometimes she yawns and sometimes she doesn't. She also refused her last nap today so I brought her downstairs and started getting her bath ready. She is currently screaming right now as my DH is rocking her, ughh! I don't know how long I can do this!
  • Options
    Mine is 4 & 1/2 months, and I had to go back to swaddling (lightly-just so her arms don't instantly flail when I put her down), I rolled towels up under the sheet to make a little bassinet shape, and put a heating pad in to warm it up before I put her down. With a paci and white noise machine, I don't think there's anything else I can do!!
  • Options
    We have been holding for a lot of naps this week because she just won't stay asleep in her crib