Illinois Babies
Options

Anyone in McHenry County?

I see that this board isn't very active, but I thought I'd try. I just moved out of McHenry County in October, and due to a pile of financial and family fiascoes, we're moving back to the area in the couple of months. I'm due July 7 with my first and I'm desperately seeking a natural childbirth, preferably out-of-hospital, and therefore a midwife to support. The real hangup is also that I'll be losing my current insurance the day we move, and having to apply for Medicaid once we arrive, so I'll have a month probably while that processes before I even have coverage, and I'll be in or approaching 3rd trimester quickly.

If anyone's out there, does anyone know of any natural childbirth advocate midwives (I'm talking zero) interventions? Or at least a hospital local that doesn't feel completely like a hospital and might not force me into an IV?

The only things I've found so far are "birth centers" attached to hospitals and quite a drive away. The nicest is in Berwyn, and I can't imagine a potential 2-3 hour drive in active labor.
1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
Team green turned BLUE!
2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker