March 2015 Moms

Big baby?

Everybody keeps telling me how big my daughter is and that she is very solid. She is almost 10 months and weighs 22lbs and is 29 1/2 inches long. She barely has any fat rolls or fat cheeks but I get told so much how she is huge. Is she really big for her age?

Re: Big baby?

• My son weighs a pond less but is 2 inches shorter. Is just ignore them. Even if she's bigger than average now there's nothing wrong with it.

BFP 7/4/2014 EDD 3/9/2015
  • My little guy is that size too, and I always get those comments from people. As long as she is healthy, sleeping well, eating a variety of things, etc then she's exactly the size she's supposed to be.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Loading the player...
  • My little girl is 32 inches long and 23 pounds... I get it all the time. Especially when we are around other babies... There is a mom in a group I go to that basically brings it up everytime and I finally said "her mom
    Is 6'0 and her dad is 6'7... She is going to be massive (the word she used)" I think standing ground on my baby is healthy and happy can shut down judgements and comments.
  • People really tell me when we are around her cousin who is 2 1/2 months older but she's a lot shorter and weighs a lot less. She also stopped growing for a few months
  • My daughter is 10 months old and is skinny, weighing less than 17 pounds...it constantly gets brought up by strangers and people I know. I guess no matter what your baby's size is everyone has an unsolicited opinion!! People need to mind their own business!!!
  • My daughter is 10 months and less then 17 lbs too. Her swim buddy is 2.5 months younger and is around 24 lbs!!! So I've had comments about whether she eats enough!!! Ugh. You can't win.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @cmcintos yep!!! Your beautiful daughter has the same teeny arms my babe does!
  • Yup, DD is the same way: 23+ lbs, 28+ inches. She's just big! I usually just make a joke when people mention it. My SIL says she's like a normal sized ten month old that was just zoomed in on. Her proportions are totally correct (with a little bit more chub than the average baby), but she's just tall and filled in! She outgrew her cousin who is six months older at around six months old. No rhyme or reason to this!
  • @cmcintos My daughter is like yours, she doesn't really have any fat rolls and everybody else's babies have never ending fat rolls