Attachment Parenting

Baby K'tan material/sizing

Hello all - I ordered an XS baby k'tan in denim and I can't figure out if it's too small since I have a big ol' belly in the way (39 weeks prego) and am thinking of ordering a small and then just returning the one that doesn't fit. The problem is the small in denim is out of stock but they do have it in other colors (on Amazon). I'm wondering if the material used for the denim color is different then the material used for the other colors. I don't want to order a small in black for example and it turns out the material is different and more stretchy and I would actually need an XS. Anyone used a k'tan in denim and knows if the material is the same as the other colors? Are the other colors more stretchy than the denim? Unfortunately there's no where around me that I can go and try one on first.

Or can anyone help with sizing? I watched the video and it says that when you put it on it should reach just below your boobs and that you only need a few inches of space between your body and the k'tan. When I put it on its literally right below my boobs and there is only a few inches of space but it just feels like it wouldn't really stretch enough and it would be too tight. Again not sure if that's b/c if the material or just cuz I'm very prego. My boobs aren't even that big, barely a B cup.
Thanks!

Re: Baby K'tan material/sizing

• Mine fit the same at my shirt size prebump. I got a grey one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love my k'tan. I have the black and a friend of mine has the denim. It is the same material. But also, I would suggest giving the xs a little more time to try. My k'tan fit snug at first, but it stretches as you use it. So you actually do want a tighter fit. Enjoy!! Babywearing is the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited January 2016
    I also love baby wearing. I nurse while grocery shopping and it's the best! 

I have the XS brown (hand me down) and it shrinks when I wash it and stretches a lot with use. 

For what it's worth, it was so awkward for me to figure it out when I was pregnant but super easy with baby in hand. 

• The website tells you to error on the side of too small. I have the xs and I was a little worried at 1st but LO is 5 months and we use the hug position and he fits great still.
  • No color change doesn't mean change in the fabric, and its easy to carry